You keep falling for that one Ian. Lighter doesn't mean better built. Lighter 99.99% of the time translates to cheap and shotty construction and lower quality parts. Perhaps you're stuck in the dark ages as it's so often funny that again 99.99% of the time the whiners in regards to keyboard weight come from arranger players.

So many people lug around pro synths EVERY FREAKIN DAY TO MULTIPLE GIGS. Why is it always the arranger performers crying about a keyboard weighing more than 25 lbs? Geez, a company builds a pro quality instrument (one that truely compares to the pro workstations), and look at all the boo hooing about the weight.

I think the Tyros 2 sounded great, enjoyed the styles, loved the key action so much I wanted to make love to the keybed, BUT MY GOODNESS...., Jesus standing there himself couldn't have convinced me I was playing a so called PRO instrument. How cheaply built that thing was compared to other pro keyboards.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.