Diki, I do agree with what you are saying, totally..

What I was meaning was that as long as the person knows how to voice the rest of the chord, ie with the right hand, you can create those chords by using a one finger chord system.. Press C and you get the cmaj chord left side, add the augmented 5 and 7 and flat 9 with the right hand, and there you have the C+7b9, it can be done, I don't do it that way and you certainly don't, BUT others may want to.

HOWEVER and the big BIG BUT is....as you said, they would need to have the knowledge of how to construct the embellishments with the right hand and in what context they can then be applied..

A lot of the time when I am in pure arranger mode,(which is rare), I will deliberately only play a simple triad as I really cannot stand some of the crappy embellishments the arrangers throw in, so I add these myself.

Although I must admit that even though they are only triads, I still HAVE to play them with three fingers, even if its not necessary with the Korg Expert recognition mode. It just doesn't feel right otherwise.

But I do understand why other players, ESPECIALLY those with an accordion background would prefer a 1 or 2 finger chord system for the left hand.

Mind you, these players would put even the best current keyboard players a bit in the shade with their superb right hand technique and dexterity. Not to mention a fundamental mastery of chord structures.

Just gotta listen to some of the jazz accordionists to see that.

I figure its just one of those, "everything in its place and a place for everything" type situaions when it comes to how users choose to get to chordal results.

Dennis