Ian.., your problem is you've been in bed with Yamaha too long. Myself..., and those here on the Zone who know me... know well that I am not a ONE brand guy. I do like Yamaha, but NEVER in a million years would I buy one of Yamaha's top arrangers (especially when I can get one of their pro synths for much less and one built 10 times better). If I didn't like Yamaha I wouldn't have a Yamaha Motif ES6... Sure I've owned their lower end stuff, but for the price they ask on the high end arrangers and how they're built.., there's absolutely NO WAY.

AND DIKI IS DEAD ON RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING... All the bitchin about the G-70's weight.., when there's a baby G-70 called the E-60. 76 good keys, good styles, good sounds, and did I mention 76 FREAKIN keys.... with built in speakers and all that coming in at like 28lbs....

Fran on your topic... Kudo's for exploring the G's synth capabilities. I've said for years on this forum that (from what I've seen over the years about presets) that if some of the arranger owners here took the time to look.., they'd realize that the tools to make their sounds better are onboard. Complaints about this piano too bright, this one too dark, blah blah.., when the solution is a simple filter adustment (and not using an insert EQ effect). I'm glad you're enjoying the synth power of your G. Keep twistin up those sounds..., as it's a lot of fun. I still say however.., that it would be nice to find dedicated real-time control of synth parameters on the panel of pro arrangers. Could you imagine the modern music you could make if your arranger had a rotary knob that let you do filter sweeps in real-time! Slider just don't cut it IMO..., ya need to grab a knob.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-24-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.