Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Donny, I have to admit that I don't know much about the one-finger-chord method of arranger playing (I have honestly never tried it) but I have to believe that it is just there as an aid to a total non-playing beginner but never intended as a way to trigger sophisticated style loops which depend upon chord recognition. Also, how good could a guys right hand be if he can only manage a one finger chord with his left hand (unless he's Bob Dole). You may be right about knowing 'pro's' like that but I have to admit, I'm skeptical. I don't think that because that feature is there on an arranger, is any excuse for a 'pro' not to play it at the highest level it's capable of. JMO, of course.

chas

Chas just take a person with an accordion background where buttons vs keys is the norm....then the switch to and arranger KB.....here in lies the weakness....there are other scenarios also. Its also a very easy way for people to get started playing who might be up in the years and don't have the time or desire to go though extensive training, One Finger mode makes it a bit easier.

As far Strong right hands....
PLLLLLEEEEAAASSEEEE look at some of the rock band KB players with all their high C organ runs all the time & nothing to do with their left hands....lets start with maybe Paul Shaffer & countless others....

There is a difference & there is strong Right hands my friends....weak left ones combined.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-24-2008).]