I guess the speaker thing is about whether you envision yourself ever playing a gig where the built in speakers WOULD be adequate...

Personally, I can count on one hand the number of times that any arranger's sound system would be clean enough and loud enough to project in the rooms I play in my gigs. Add to that a home studio system built around some really decent studio monitors (Mackie HR824's at the moment) and the only thing that built in speakers would do for me is add even MORE weight!

I would be curious to know what percentage of working players here don't have to use additional speakers at gigs... Damn few, I'd wager. Once you get up into that $3000+ range, it seems a false economy to play an arranger of that price through the decidedly inferior internal speakers. Inferior, at least to the kind of externals that anyone with that kind of cash to spend could afford.

You just bought the best TOTL arranger that money could buy (Wersi excepted!)... Now you are going to play it through 3" or 4" speakers? Even home users (especially home users, I would say, as they are not transporting their keyboard all the time!) can realize a HUGE improvement in sound going to a decent pair of studio monitors, rather than built-ins.

Mid-line and budget, I really CAN see the need (still mostly financial), but to play a TOTL through little speakers doesn't really do it justice (or your audience)...