Well boys and girls, after reading all the posts on the subject, plus all of the previous posts on the subject from just two months ago, I decided to try standing again.

Last night, while doing a three-hour private party, I tried standing on a heavily padded 2X3 section of plush carpet. Inside my shoes were soft inserts, which I wear most of the time. Keep in mind that I rarely take more than a five minute break between sets, and if the dancefloor is filled, I don't take a break at all.

At the end of three hours, my feet hurt, my back ached and I wasn't sure if I would be able to walk. My knees felt like the Tin Man's in the Wizard of Oz, in dire need of an oil can to get them moving.

Today, after writing two newspaper columns, I set up the X-stand, and tried a stool. Yep, it definitely put me up higher, but made it nearly impossible to reach the foot pedal. Additionally, the distance view the audience would have of my torso would be exactly the same when I'm sitting on my keyboard bench and the keyboard's lowered accordingly.

The bottom line is, for me, standing is out of the question. At the end of a five-hour gig they would have to wheel me out to the van on my refrigerator dolly and break by legs so I could drive home. Sometimes, especially during the past few years, I think I'm getting too olkd for this stuff. when I kick off, someone is going to inherit a lot of good equipment.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)