Hi Scott,
I agree with UD. My response is basically just echoing what UD and others said already. Standing looks better and more mobility. When you dance also- the audience will feel more energy.

Perhaps you're already doing this- fast song, standing. Slow song, sitting down..but since you're already setting up your keyboard for standing position, you'll need a high stool to rest.

From our conversation the other day I'm not surprised that you're practically standing with one foot. You control a lot of stuff with pedals (I only use it for sustain...that's about it).

I don't know how weird this would look...can you live with two microphones? Perhaps one head set and one standing microphones for the Harmonizer. That should eliminate one pedal function.

for Fill ins-can't you just use the fill in button (I think you also use pedal for this right?) I played a very brief gig (at a Mexican restaurant for a month) before. Played some fast songs- I managed to do just fine. Of course, sorry to make a comparison between my amateur gig to yours.

That's my .02.....