Scott,

My reply to your original question may be a bit late, but here it is anyway...

I do not sing, so our situations are not exactly analogous, but having tried performing in both sitting and standing positions, I find that I can put way more energy into my music when my behind is resting. Also, this makes it easier to use pedals (I use two). So for the most part I prefer a sitting position. I do try to stack a couple of chairs (usually not a problem getting a couple of those at most of my venues), so that I can sit a bit higher.

While I agree that standing looks more professional, the sitting position makes me sound more professional, so the choice is easy.

I have tried other alternatives, such as adjustable-height drum thrones. However, neither the mid-range nor the high-end ones were comfortable for a 2+ hour gig. I don't think a piano bench is high enough for me, but would like to try the stool Donny was suggesting, if I could only find one in a store around here. My other problem is that the keyboard does not feel sturdy enough on the X-stand, when I stand (but I think we have beaten this one to death in the other thread).

Regards,

Alex