Hi Donny: Good question. It admittedly took me quite some time to adapt to playing acoustic piano convincingly on a synth action kb, but now that I finally have, I'm NOT willing to give up its lightweight-small 27 lb gig portability vs dragging a heavier & larger (awkward & longer) 88 note fully weighted arranger board.

I'll admit that when playing a keyboard in 'solo piano' mode, it's a clear advantage to having 88 notes, but, when playing in arranger keyboard (auto accompaniment) split KB mode, as I do on the Tyros, the left hand (left of split)only requires cover 1-1/2 octaves (C1 - F#2), plenty enough to handle all chord voicings & inversions (including the more advanced rootless jazz style), leaving G2 thru C6 (3-1/2 octaves) available for the right hand. This (along with the added option of the octave shift button) provides enough (for me) for my acoustic piano playing in 'arranger keyboard' mode. I suppose I'm now more of an arranger player than strict acoustic piano player now, and adapting piano playing techniques to the arranger. I admit that it's a refreshing joy to play an 88 note acoustic piano along with real musicians (bass player, drummer) and have the opportunity to polish up my I'm sure rusty acoustic piano technique.
Guess it's time to wipe the dust off the Steinway. - Scott