Musically, I have been standing since day one..Standing while performing[again musically], gives me the comfort and moveability I need on stage..In my current band situation, I handle all the sound mixing[off to my left side], I need the visual contact with the lead singers, one guy and one gal, this requires a step back so I can look past the guy [to my right] and make eye contact with the gal[to the guy,s right]..mobility is a must also to have access to laptop operation, stage lighting adjustments, friendly customer contact[ the girls always come to me, being the keyboard player]...I use a sustain pedal and expression pedal to my right side, and a pedal reverb off when any of us speak, to my left[You just can't depend on vocalist to know how to step on a pedal when they speak, so naturally the keyboard player has to keep the show going smoothly..I do find some discomfort in my lower left leg[as in excersise], but being able to move back and forth relieves this...The very few times that I have sat while playing, I have found it more uncomfortable[back. shoulder and neck]..