Hello All
A few things you should remember when using VST Instruments.
1. All VST Instruments require processing power to do there job, both Receptor and a Computer only have a Finite amount of processing power, and this is what will limit the amount of VST Instruments you can use simultaneously, NOT what it says on the box..(Go for the fastest CPU you can afford, and don’t forget that although most programs cannot yet make full use of Dual core CPUs, Windows XP can)
2. RAM. All VST Instruments require there own Ram space, so the more you have the better they will run, this is particularly important with programs like Colossus which, although using Disk Streaming, still require a large amount of Ram to work, Colossus recommends 1Gb of FREE Ram to work at its best. As the other VST Instruments and the Operating System (If you’re using a computer) also require Ram, I would suggest a Minimum of 2 GB.
3. HARD DISK. Disk Streaming requires the hard disk to send the Data at high speed, so I would recommend a 7200 RPM Drive (Even in a Laptop) with a larger buffer as possible. (Forget 2Mb)
4. COLOSSUS. This program is mainly a 32Gb set of samples, and while editing features are available, they are very limited in comparison to a program like Kontakt 2, however it does use the Kontakt audio engine, so you can buy a Kontakt 2 upgrade (A lot cheaper then the full program) which will convert Colossus in to a full version of Kontakt 2, but with the 32Gb sample set of Colossus.
Hope the above helps.

Bill