Hi Rikki
I have given up un the KN7000 as controller for reasons you have stated. I am using my little Oxygen 8, until I can get my CME VX. The KN is a wonderful arranger, and does it very well. So be it. I will use the Receptor in the band for lead voices until I load in some arranger VST'S.

It can hanle single,multy's, and separate apps like Kontact,Garrison, etc., which are programs in themselves. You have to load banks of GM patches beforehand, and save them in one of the 16,000 slots(banks,not patches)available. I am not sure on some of the VST's mentioned above, if you have to do that. These operate within their own hierarchy. Some,I believe, call up their own banks. The question of Colussus is one I had about streaming. One of the guys said the intial attak is in ram, and then it streams. I think Frank also mentioned it would not be fast enough some performance situations. I am assuming this is good for lead voices.

Here again, I am just venturing forth, and don't have the proper software to evaluate the performance. I am just careful about what I buy. You can sink a fortune between, Collusses, Ivory, Garratin, B4, etc.

As Frank(Godfather) said, you can invest as much as a top arranger, and have superior quality forever without trading boards. You can also have a setup like he has, and spend much more. That is what is good about the software approach. You can start off small, if you wish, and build. Whenever new software comes out, or if there is an update, one can always keep current.

I am deciding on software, and will know more soon.

Bernie