Hi Bernie,
you'll find a dedicated controller will probably work far better than trying to use the KN for that purpose.

I was using my digital piano ( Clavinova, no style functions) as a controller for my laptop/omb/softsynth realtime arranger setup, and it does a far better job and way easier to setup, than using my SD1 keyboard.
The arranger functionson the sd1 get in the way.

Reason for using piano is that I play in full pianist mode and mainly use piano for melody voice, other than that, I'd buy a dedicated controller.

One thing you may be able to explain,
does the Receptor load a complete set of sounds on startup??

When it comes to using a softsynth arranger setup with a program like OMB, the sounds required for" styles " really need to be loaded into some sort of memory and ready to use, without having to wait for them to load each time a program change occurs for a style part, so basically softsyths like Hypercanvas, soundfonts & maybe a couple of others will work, they're there waiting to be accesed by the program changes.
So can a bank of gm sounds be loaded into memory on start up of receptor.

Also some of the large samples from just say Colossus have to be streamed from hard disk to computer, therefore only making them useful as a melody sound not, suitable for a style parts, do you know if receptor works the same way? or is a colossus sample actually loaded into memory on startup?

happy to year you figure you made the right choice.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]Hi Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022