Hi Rikki
Thank you for your suggestions. I am afraid I have done all the above. As last resort, I plugged in USB and it works. The only problem is that note off sometimes isn't received, and it hangs up.

Until such time as I get more proficient at this, I plan on using a CME VX controller when Yamaha sends them to the dealers. I play in a band, as well as solo, and the Receptor will be great at layers, or multy's in this application. I will get some killer sounds loaded and use the KN7000 for what it does best. In the future, I will look into arranger functions.

All I can say is that this is some awesome machine, and the only limitation is myself and the proper software. This will come.

I bought this looking to the future, and I am sure I made the right decision. The sounds in the Receptor going through the Bose is enough to curl your toes, and I haven't even gone past the freebies. Hopefully with you, Frank, Esh,Tapas, Sturgeon, Abacus, and others, we will have our own little niche.

Bernie