Quote:

PS, I had one of the first Wersi Abacus keyboard made -- beautiful, but so unfriendly. I hear the keyboard is now in the $6,000 to $9,000 now.[/B]

Hello John
Not sure about he US, but here in the UK the Abacus costs £4890, however since 2003 most people go for the Ikarus which is half the weight of the Abacus, (The Abacus is Essentially a single manual Verona Organ, Hence the weight) has 76 notes and has virtually all the features of the Abacus but costs only £3900.
Much has changed as the OAS software has developed, and I must admit I always found OAS easier to use then other keyboards, (But then I built and played Wersi’s in the 80s) if you follow this link http://www.worldofoas.co.uk/issues.htm you can download a magazine which has a brief history of OAS (Can you spot the version you had) and also includes details of OAS 7. (The latest version) I currently run OAS 6 (But started off with OAS 4) and will be updating to OAS 7 a bit later in the year.
Enjoy.

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 03-15-2006).]