Originally Posted By audyaplayer
So,i'm back from Frankfurt,and i am a little bit dissapointed about the SD9,where shall i begin,it looks very nice,nice design,the DSP'S(reverbs) are much better than from the Audya and the touchscreen is amazing,very fast,there are ofcourse many new sounds for the righthand,i hoped that Ketron has the guitarbank updated and good guitarsounds with ditto DSP'S,(whawha,distortion etc but no),for the lefthand,the styles and the liveguitars,hmm,what i heard,lot's of Audya stuff,there is a new country liveguitar,very nice,i heard it about 30 a 45 min and what i think is,an updated Audya(sound)but with new design,better hardware and ofcourse the launchpad,but i think for the home keyboardplayer is this very difficult to understand(launchpad)this is my opion.When it comes on the market,no answer yet.

You cant expect a keyboard to come fully loaded with brand new content these days... that would require just to much way

They need to build uppon whats allready there.. which still saddens me, is that its not really an improved version of the Audya, because when i look at the written specs there are quite a lot of things and content missing..

For me the launchpad feature is quite clear.. but then i have quite some experience with ableton live.. its a bit like clip selection in ableton live.. except the clips follow your chord progression on the SD9 pro..

I would have loved to see it as a tool to use next to styles, instead of something that replaces styles.. most arranger players are better off with styles... to use launchpad efficient it requires more player input. However, for people like me, that dont use intro's a lot, the launchpad will still be a step forward...

I will have to see for myself by playing it, but probably will wayt till there is a full desktop module version of the SD9 before making a decision. I am quite happy with the pa4x, and also intrigued to see what Yamaha brings later this year..

http://keyszone.boards.net