Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Bachus.

Yes, it is an advanced form of 'multipads'. You can still do just as you requested above - use a style in conjunction with the Launchpad, just within the Launchpad platform (and not within the arranger platform as other manufactures do)! Note that in the Launchpad platform, yes, you still have access to your arranger controls (Fills, breaks ... etc).

Your style has 9 auto tracks (Drums, Perc, Bass, Chords 1-5 and Live Audio Guitar), right? Simply IMPORT these 9 style elements into a Scene. This leaves you with 3 more to use just as you described (for midi or audio/wave tracks).
So, for an example ....
Scene 1 will have Arranger A style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
Scene 2 will have Arranger B style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
Scene 3 will have Arranger C style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
At this rate, Scene 6 can have nothing but your extra 'stuff', so in total, if you think about it, other arrangers give you a max of 4 pads to use with the arranger, while this new KETRON approach gives you various combinations since you have a max of 72 pads!
* 18 styles and no free pads
* 17 styles and 3 pads to work with
* 16 styles and 6 pads to work with
* 15 pads and 9 pads to work with
* 2 styles and 64 pads to work with
* 1 style and 68 pads to work with!

If you want to go with the conventional arranger set up of 1 style to 4 pads, then on the SD9 Pro, you'll have 68 pads (not 4) left to work with in conjunction with 1 style!

Now as you play, right there from the Launchpad screen, you can control both the ARRANGER tracks AND your extra Pads (mute, mix, blend, chord sequence, Modeling, beat mode ... etc).

Now save this as a Launchpad Project (similar to Registration). At your show, simply load this file (it will load all associated style parts, audio elements and midi elements associated with all 72 Pads)!

From a professional and operational point of view, this method (in my opinion and design) gives you way more flexibility and control of your tracks and over all performance than simply picking a style and touching 4 pads to add to that style. The Launchpad on the SD9 Pro takes the use of pads to a whole new level and takes advantage of the large touch screen.

Hope this clarifies this.

Thanks,

So if i understand correctly, the limit is 12 tracks ... but with only 6 scenes in the pad mode, using pad mode does not allow to have 4 Variations with 4 fills some intro's and endings... if i want full style functionallity then i cant use the pads...

Maybe in the Future, Ketron can make a combi mode.... where i can have X full functioning style parts (intro/ending var, fill, break) ... and 12-x pads (with 6 scenes)

I could have a style of 6 tracks... and then 6 pads... i am quite sure with enough time the programmers in Italy can do this in a patch some day in the future...

Yet, still the feature is prommising...

http://keyszone.boards.net