Ketron SD-9 Pro

Posted by: nightowl

Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 05:35 AM

Hi.
Has anyone know, when Audya SD 9 Pro will be available for sale?
Posted by: leezone

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 08:04 AM

YES, at the same time as the AUDYA PRO !!!
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 09:58 AM

Hahaha Leezone,let's hope not,but here in the Benelux according the dealer,september/oktober.After the summer holidays.
Posted by: leezone

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 10:04 AM

let's hope not, like no AUDYA PRO?
or not that long of a wait?

an AUDYA PRO would be awesome!!!

i personally think the AUDYA (though not as updated as SD9 PRO)
still sounds better/best overall (style wise)

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 10:22 AM

I think Leezone personally,that are no replacement(Audyapro/plus) comes for the Audya.Ketron goes back to the SD series.The SD1PLUS sold much better than the Audya.I play the Audya 8 years now an d i love it,but it is very slow,and the gm sounds are very dated.
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: audyaplayer
Hahaha Leezone,let's hope not,but here in the Benelux according the dealer,september/oktober.After the summer holidays.

At what year ? laugh

Toot Ziens wink

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/08/16 01:44 PM

Hahaha Snoopy,let's not hope in Ketron years,than we can wait for another 3 years,haha,hopefully end 2016,that is told me.Freundlichen grüßen aus Holland

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/10/16 12:55 AM

It´s not only KETRON ( maybe it´s because of being built in Italy and the name starting with "K" ).

I ordered my new "KORG PA4X-76 Musikant" ( German -Version ) at 12th of september 2015, I finally got it at 31st of may 2016, 262 days later...
Posted by: Henni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/10/16 03:17 AM

Wow!!!
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/14/16 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
It´s not only KETRON ( maybe it´s because of being built in Italy and the name starting with "K" ).

I ordered my new "KORG PA4X-76 Musikant" ( German -Version ) at 12th of september 2015, I finally got it at 31st of may 2016, 262 days later...

Yes, thats because the Musikant only got available in May (76 key version) 2016?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/14/16 02:20 PM

"My" should have been available at november 2015 Korg ( their dealer / distributor in Germany ) promised...

On "Thoman" Website ( one of Germany´s biggest dealer for music instruments ) it´s now "most probably available at 12th of august 2016".

But I´m quite sure that if you order it now you won´t get it before november 2016...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/17/16 07:49 AM

My Audya is gone,sold it,let's hope the SD9PRO comes around the month september,i play now on a Audya from my friend,without AJAMSONIC,the difference is huge my friends,but still good.

Audyaplayer.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/17/16 11:34 AM

My Audya is gone,sold it,let's hope the SD9PRO comes around the month september,i play now on a Audya from my friend,without AJAMSONIC,the difference is huge my friends,but still good.

Audyaplayer.

That sounds way to optimistic... Maybe November, but i wouldnt be surprised if customer models would not arive untill 2017..

Still hoping to see an 88 key or even a module version of the sd9 pro... But then still distrustfull towards ketron...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/17/16 10:48 PM

Hi all,

If you listen carefully to the demos, you'll hear some nice new audio guitar loops. I wonder if those will work as an addition to the Audya?

If I could load everything currently on my Audya onto the SD9PRO, I would definately consider purchasing one. But I'm not willing to sacrifice anything I now have on my Audya in the process & neither do I want two similar Ketron arrangers to compliment each other.

Cheers,

Henni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/18/16 07:08 AM

I hope,they promised,delivery september,my dealer says,it,s a huge difference with the Audya,new hardware and much faster then the Audya.New soundtable.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/18/16 07:38 AM

I hope,they promised,delivery september,my dealer says,it,s a huge difference with the Audya,new hardware and much faster then the Audya.New soundtable.

Thomann still say it's available this week. It should have been corrected already if it was an error. But they are obviously the only dealer who state to have it available within 2-5 days, strange... Maybe someone interested could call their hotline.

http://www.thomann.de/de/ketron_sd_9.htm?ref=search_prv_6_2

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/18/16 07:47 AM

That is wrong,the Sd40 come around 18 august,so i say,let's hope around september.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/18/16 07:50 AM

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ketron_sd_40.htm?ref=search_rslt_ketron+sd9_386167_44

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/18/16 09:53 AM

They just corrected it to 1-2 weeks availability in case of the SD-9.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/20/16 12:24 AM

I've got an e-mail from my dealer,the price of the SD9PRO here in Holland is 3799,00 euro and the delivery hopefully is about 10 september(this year yes).So fingers crossed.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/21/16 02:43 PM

Thomann has obviously corrected their error now and changed availability of the SD-9 to non-specified.
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/28/16 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: rosetree
They just corrected it to 1-2 weeks availability in case of the SD-9.

Please DO NOT pay attention to Thomanns arrival dates as they are mistaken. We spoke to Ketron Italy today who confirmed the SD9 will not be delivered for some time yet.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/29/16 12:29 AM

Let's hope the SD9 comes this year,i'm a Ketron man but the Korg pax4 muzikant comes close to my wishes what i want to hear from a keyboard,i sold my Audya,after the holidays said Ketron,than we go deliver out the Sd9,september they said.Or else my interest goes to the Korg.I was last week by Musicstore,Germany,very impressive.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/29/16 01:32 AM

Let's hope the SD9 comes this year,i'm a Ketron man but the Korg pax4 muzikant comes close to my wishes what i want to hear from a keyboard,i sold my Audya,after the holidays said Ketron,than we go deliver out the Sd9,september they said.Or else my interest goes to the Korg.I was last week by Musicstore,Germany,very impressive.

You might be dissapointed... its hard to look inside ketrons plans... but i would be pleasantly surprised if we see a SD9 Pro before Christmass...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/04/16 02:59 AM

And the month september it is,all the shops in Europe give a date for the Ketron SD9,availeble september,mmhh my opion?no Sd9 in september or october.The ketronguys in Italy still have holiday,
We only can wait,and wait,and wait..........

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/04/16 05:22 AM

And the month september it is,all the shops in Europe give a date for the Ketron SD9,availeble september,mmhh my opion?no Sd9 in september or october.The ketronguys in Italy still have holiday,
We only can wait,and wait,and wait..........

At earliest late Oktober.. In Italy ... And maybe the rest of europe..

I was expecting some youtube demos after the SD40 release, but none so far... No signs of marketing the SD40 as a new solution ... When will thos italins learn that stiff does not sell itselves, espescially when you have a bad reputation where it comes to reliabillity and service....

If the SD9 is the new king of Ketron, then they should try for once and get some marketing hype going...
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/04/16 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bachus

If the SD9 is the new king of Ketron, then they should try for once and get some marketing hype going...

The same way as they did when Audya was hyped?
sofa
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/04/16 11:13 PM

The SD9Pro will be the new flagship of Ketron...
I know that from Ketron factory..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/05/16 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974

The SD9Pro will be the new flagship of Ketron...
I know that from Ketron factory..

We know.... But they should let the rest of the world know what its capable off... And make me an 88 key or a module version ...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/05/16 08:08 AM

So,etimes i think AJ is the only one making efforts to promote the brand Ketron...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/08/16 05:29 AM

Sd9,the new flagship from Ketron,it's unbelievable that Ketron gives us no more information,no demos,a date when it is in store?,when they do the marketing like Yamaha,they sold much more units,why last april in Frankfurt show it and than we only can gues when it's coming,this year,next year,next musicmesse Frankfurt 2017?
Nothing on the web,it's not good for the business Ketron.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/08/16 07:09 AM

Sd9,the new flagship from Ketron,it's unbelievable that Ketron gives us no more information,no demos,a date when it is in store?,when they do the marketing like Yamaha,they sold much more units,why last april in Frankfurt show it and than we only can gues when it's coming,this year,next year,next musicmesse Frankfurt 2017?

I agree...
However this is the Ketron.... Really bad with the outer world...
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/08/16 07:32 AM

SD9 will be released by December 2016.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/08/16 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ

Very good!!!!... I am waiting for this!!!

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/09/16 01:00 AM

Is this for United States?or also for Europe?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/09/16 04:56 AM

I dont think thats a surprise to anyone, i would have been highly surprised if it was released much earlier..

I hope this extrra time allows them to add even more features, styles, sounds and stabillity

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/09/16 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974

I agree...
However this is the Ketron.... Really bad with the outer world...

It still keeps me wondering how a company like this can survive... they are definately creating innovative instruments...

But for the rest they are probably doing everything wrong, and whats even worse, people know ....

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/09/16 05:28 AM

I dont think thats a surprise to anyone, i would have been highly surprised if it was released much earlier..

If copy the "Audya marketing strategy" I think it will be a BIG surprise if see it at the market before end of 2017.......

coffee

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/09/16 05:29 AM

I hope so Bachus,and when they do some changes,I see at the back there is no europlug but a dcim in plug,for pro musicians on stage it is an very cheap option.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/09/16 10:24 PM

I hope so Bachus,and when they do some changes,I see at the back there is no europlug but a dcim in plug,for pro musicians on stage it is an very cheap option.

I never understand why they add external power supplies to pro ibnstruments... they allways wear down when traveling with instruments..

But i dont think there will be changes to the hardware.. i was more talking about the software part..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/11/16 12:42 AM

My opinion about the release of new SD9Pro is it...
Ketron in the first time with Audya, he had to tackle a challenge...
The challenge was to build in a old Hardware and Software as is it Audya, a new generation machine as is the Audio Styles, Direct from disc method etc..
I think now is more easily things for Ketron, because he has new Software (based in Linux), new Hardware more better than Audya, and of course more experience to make better a new Keyboard like SD9Pro...
Therefore I think that Ketron will not be delayed for long time the release of SD9Pro...
Of course I am not sure about this, however its my opinion....
Posted by: Ron Shelley

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/03/16 06:34 AM

You can try Musicstore they have them in stock

www.musicstore.de

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/03/16 10:44 AM

No Ron,Musicstore has no SD9 in stock,the SD9 comes in the month december they said,hopefully with no bugs,and i said it a while ago,come on Ketron,now you must deliver because the new Tyros/Genos is on his way and than the attention goes to that key.Al the dealers say,now you can order the SD9 and than??????............we only can/must wait.I don't understand the philosophy from Ketron.
Give us demo's,make a special website with this new item/sd9,marketing my Italian friends and than you get the attention from the people all over the world.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/03/16 10:58 AM

I guarantee that you'll love it when it's released. Even if it has initial bugs, it will stand out head & shoulders above the rest.

Henni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Henni
I guarantee that you'll love it when it's released. Even if it has initial bugs, it will stand out head & shoulders above the rest.

Henni

To bad it doesnt have 88 keys.. or extra voices to be layered on a 2nd keyboard..
Also wondering how much dsp has improved, not so much in quallity but also in quantity
700 MB for extra samples, but how accesible will that be?
Will the new superb multipads feature work on top of the styles?

Personally i am missing some limitless encoder knobs for real time controll as well as a touchstriip..

I am convinced the sd9 will be atleast on par with audya,pa4x and tyros 5... but i am also expecting a new tyros next year with lots and lots new functionallity... however, if they offer a verion with 88 high quallity keys, i would blindly buy it, even knowing there will be bugs at release...
Posted by: Ron Shelley

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 07:08 AM

Hi Audyaplayer I cant understand what is going on,
I just been on the musicstore website and they say the price is £3403.53 with a delivery date 20/10/2016

I,m not saying your wrong but are Musicstore giving misleading Info

Kind regards

Ron.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 07:58 AM

Added to this post:
Screenshot from Musictore website that says "delivery date Oct 21-2016"

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 11:11 AM

Yes Ron,that is not the correct date,last week it was 15 okt,and now 21 okt,they do that so you can order the Sd9 and than you must wait,wait,and wait,the price is also not correct or is it without tax?I got an answer,a dealer from Italy and they also said December and the price is between 3500 a 4000 euro,it is very frustrating that they give us hope on a date and than nothing happens.I,ve got a feeling that the Sd9 comes early november,so let's fingers crossed.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 12:03 PM

Probably a big fan from Ketron like me,but it is very misleading

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 02:30 PM

Confirmed today - First shipment of SD9's will be in the UK next week. Thats not bad - Ketron did say late summer after all...But I thought it would be longer than this.

As with the last releases Ketron UK offer to refund the difference within the first month if the price lowers once the internet discount merchants get their hands on it.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/04/16 11:57 PM

That is very good news Tonewheeldude,than can i expect hopefully a call from my dealer next week,so i can go copy my registrations and all the other stuff i made on the Audya to my computer,and return my borrowed Audya to my friend.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/07/16 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Confirmed today - First shipment of SD9's will be in the UK next week. Thats not bad - Ketron did say late summer after all...But I thought it would be longer than this.

As with the last releases Ketron UK offer to refund the difference within the first month if the price lowers once the internet discount merchants get their hands on it.

Cant wayt to see some demo's of all the new features...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/08/16 06:31 AM

Now if the SD9 Pro has been released, why havent we seen any promotional activity from Ketron? Dont they want to sell their products?

Again, a question to you, will you make a series of high quallity promotional video's as you did with the Audya?

Another question, will you take time to answer our questions about the SD9 Pro on these boards... i have so many questions, most of them unanswered for quite some time.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/08/16 07:50 AM

Details are available here

Looks like demos and videos will be appearing here when available.

Enjoy

Bill

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/08/16 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: abacus
Details are available here

Looks like demos and videos will be appearing here when available.

Enjoy

Bill

Yes we know, that information has readilly been available since early April at the Music Messe, as are the youtube video's.. since then only silence... and more silence...

Most of my questions where rissen after reading that information on both the ketron Uk as well as the official Ketron Itally website..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/08/16 09:41 AM

Let me rephrase all my current questions about the SD 9 pro...

- which fatar keybed is used? Is it the same as the 76 key audya?
- are all the sounds of the Audya and SD7 in the SD9, what about the ram sounds?
- can styles of the Audya be converted to the SD9? (Including audio drums, percussion grooves, and live guitars)
(It would be a shame for all that great content to be lost)
- can midi sequencer, styles, multitrack audio player and launchpad be used at the same time?
- with 700 MB build in sample memmory, can people import their own samples, and share their own created sounds with others?
- same for styles, can you easilly share self created styles with others?
- i would love to see an overall schematic of the dsp blocks and how all that DSP can be assigned to tracks?
- will the keyboard have an arpeggiator (synth feature)?
- will it be possible to stream audio over USB from ipad or pc to the Keyboard? (This is a feature seen in many of the newer professional instruments from Yamaha and Roland, yet not yet seen in arrangers)

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/10/16 08:11 AM

And Musicstore has change the date to 16 december for the Sd9,and the waiting goes on and on.......

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/10/16 08:18 AM

And Musicstore has change the date to 16 december for the Sd9,and the waiting goes on and on.......

Quite normal if look back in past history ......

coffee

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/10/16 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny

Quite normal if look back in past history ......

coffee

Seems the first batch of SD9s will arive at Ketron UK this week. So Ketron seems to be first supplying their real friends...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/10/16 10:17 AM

That's true Bachus,in the past the Audya was delivered to me and Thoman,Musicstore,came much later with the Audya.So let's keep my fingers crossed here also for Holland and our Dealers are also real friends,hahah.
But my Italien friends also said,early December.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/11/16 12:57 PM

Maybe i am getting to excited, but another day witouth comfirmation from the UK of the arrival of the first batch of SD9's...

Near perfect, parfect would be an 88 key version of the SD9 with the speakers of the sd7 on board..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/13/16 10:16 AM

No word from the UK yet...

But i noticed this on the Ketron Italy website, i dont know if this has been posted before, but it certainly shows what the SD9 pro has to offer over the SD7...

Quote:

In addition to the standard SD7 specifications, the SD9 offers the following new extra-features:

KEYBOARD: 76 semi-weighted keys.

DISPLAY: capacitive 7” Touch Screen.

SOUNDS: new state-of-the-art Grand Pianos. More than 100 New professional sounds with Strings, Brass, Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Synth and Organs with true Slow_Fast Rotor samples. New Emotional Classic Solos Violin, Oboe, Flute, Soprano, Peruvian Flute, with natural decay and vibrato. Voice Edit enhanced with DSP and Insert controls.

LIVE GUITARS: up to 100 New audio Live Guitars featuring Folk, Electric and Nylon Guitar Patterns.

GROOVES: more than 400 Stereo Latin Percussion Grooves.

LAUNCHPAD: new powerful and full interactive ambient combining Style Modeling, Real Time Sequencer and Loop Maker, with 12 Pads and 6 Scenes.

STYLES: 300 Styles. New Live Band Styles with New Audio Drums and Live Guitars. Compatibility with User Audio Drums @ from Audya series. Possibilty to import custom Audio Drums into the machine. Style Edit with New Pattern recording and Editing functions.

MODELING: new Modeling enhanced with Live Guitars, Latin Grooves, Audio Drums, New Bass and Synth Sequences.

USER MEMORY: up to 700 MB of Flash memory available for User Sounds or additional KETRON Libraries.

SAMPLE EDITOR: capability for the user to create and store his own Multisample instruments.

MULTIMEDIA: 3 x USB Host. 1 Usb device. Optional Hard disk.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/13/16 11:21 AM

Several month's Bachus this news,we must wait my friend,december,Germany,Italy,Spain and Portugal,all they say december.
And still no demo's,???????

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/13/16 11:44 AM

Several month's Bachus this news,we must wait my friend,december,Germany,Italy,Spain and Portugal,all they say december.
And still no demo's,???????

So why does the UK say This week, deliveries on their way?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/18/16 08:51 AM

I am messaging from the offices at Ketron UK. Its with great dissapointment to report the SD9 keyboards did not arrive with last weeks shipment as planned.

The reason for this is unclear at present but will fill you in asap.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/18/16 11:24 AM

I am messaging from the offices at Ketron UK. Its with great dissapointment to report the SD9 keyboards did not arrive with last weeks shipment as planned.

The reason for this is unclear at present but will fill you in asap.

Dissapointment all over...

Might have been a fault from Ketron Italy, because i dont think they released the SD9 Pro yet....

So the wayt continues...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/19/16 07:51 AM

At the moment it looks like an accounts department error, and Ketron UK not have been invoiced for them yet.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/20/16 04:55 AM

Ketron Italy have confirmed there was an accounts department error and the SD9 should not have been invoiced. They offer their sincere appologies for the mistake, adding a delivery date is not yet available. So the wait is still on.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 10/20/16 05:54 AM

Ketron Italy have confirmed there was an accounts department error and the SD9 should not have been invoiced. They offer their sincere appologies for the mistake, adding a delivery date is not yet available. So the wait is still on.

Thanks for the update, and espescially the fact that the Ketron UK website also changed back to before the fault boosts my comfidence in Ketron UK again...

There is nothing more important then open and honest communication.. and thats a rare thing in the current music buiseness

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/02/16 11:23 AM

And the month november it is,so Ketron,it's time for demo's,the month december is around the corner and than it's delivery time according the dealers,including AJ,when we must longer wait,you can see the SD9 in Frankfurt/messe 2017.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/02/16 01:21 PM

And the month november it is,so Ketron,it's time for demo's,the month december is around the corner and than it's delivery time according the dealers,including AJ,when we must longer wait,you can see the SD9 in Frankfurt/messe 2017.

I dont think Ketron ever confirmed a real releasedate....

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/15/16 02:40 AM

Frustrating,nobody can tell you the delivery date about the SD9,my dealer says,soon(december)and the distributor says,ask yor dealer.The Korg Pax4 muzikant is also on my list,i make my decision this year.Why so mysterious about a product that is shown last april to the public.My opion,to many bugs and not ready for the market.It copies the releasedate from the Audya,shown to the public,and it took 3 years when it comes on the market with many bugs and dito updates.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/15/16 08:00 AM

Frustrating,nobody can tell you the delivery date about the SD9,my dealer says,soon(december)and the distributor says,ask yor dealer.The Korg Pax4 muzikant is also on my list,i make my decision this year.Why so mysterious about a product that is shown last april to the public.My opion,to many bugs and not ready for the market.It copies the releasedate from the Audya,shown to the public,and it took 3 years when it comes on the market with many bugs and dito updates.

The problem is with Ketron, in this age of multimedia open and honest communication is the only way to go...... somehow Ketron does not want to communicate at all, nit with customers, not with dealers and certainly not with synthzone members...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/16/16 01:43 AM

I,m a Ketron guy,but your right Bachus,unbelievable.
Perhaps AJ can tell us more?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/16/16 03:03 PM

I already did ... a few posts and months up ... December.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/17/16 12:20 AM

Thanks AJ,excuses for asking,but i hope you can understand why,
Once more,if Ketron has a better advertising campagne,they sold a lot more units is my opion.
So let's fingers crossed.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/17/16 02:35 AM

Thanks AJ,excuses for asking,but i hope you can understand why,
Once more,if Ketron has a better advertising campagne,they sold a lot more units is my opion.
So let's fingers crossed.

Not just a better advertisement campaign, but also a bigger network of local dealers should really help...

ALmost all dealers in Europe quit doing buiseness with Ketron as they also failed to communicate with the dealers... and there was barely any backup or service for the last decade...

However, with AJ, "Frank" selling Ketron, Ketron UK, Willy Deira in Holland... there are atleast some people backing up and offering service to customers... Which makes buying a Ketron instrument an option to me...
Posted by: hbinfo2001

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 11/17/16 01:39 PM

Bachus ,your right, in Québec Canada (Long&McGuade) quit to sale
the Ketron arrangers ,it was the only distributer for many
décades (before it was Italmelodie from Montréal) for the same reason of you
No reply by email ,no service for repair or parts
We know its a small compagnie
But I have to say to be fair the Ketron arranger keyboards
are great (real sounds,styles,drums...)
A chance we have AJ from US,TWD from UK and France to help us
The problem at Ketron its marketing

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 02/10/17 01:53 AM

And then februari is half way,complete silence from the Ketron camp,march is around the corner,when they deliver not in march than it goes to Frankfurter Messe,and than wait untill summer.Strange guys over there in Italy,show a product and wait almost a year for it comes on the market,as it comes.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 02/10/17 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By audyaplayer
........Strange guys over there in Italy,show a product and wait almost a year for it comes on the market,as it comes.

Wonder about who still remember the Ketron definition of time and date when Audya was announced ..... laugh

keys

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 02/11/17 01:46 AM

Yes,i remember that,it was on Frankfurter messe and than it took 3 years,yes my friends,three years before it came on the market.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 02/13/17 10:25 AM

Yes,i remember that,it was on Frankfurter messe and than it took 3 years,yes my friends,three years before it came on the market.

So its safe to asume the next announcement will not be before musik messe
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 02/14/17 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By Bachus

So its safe to asume the next announcement will not be before musik messe

At the end it is the same procedure like the Audya. Presented on Musikmesse, then another year until the next Musikmesse and then another 5-6 months until the first keyboard will be shipped. But the first version will not be very stable, it will take another year until the first stable version will be available...

This is not to be sarcastic it is just experience

Joe

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 02/23/17 01:53 AM

Answer from my dealer,Sd9 first go to Frankfurt and than......summer,september..
I do not go for the first units,I'm waiting for feedback from other users,it's a neverending story.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/01/17 02:09 AM

Ketron Spain,answer Sd9,may.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/01/17 09:52 PM

They cant know, as Ketron Italy doesnt know when they are ready...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/02/17 07:40 PM

They cant know, as Ketron Italy doesnt know when they are ready...

As long as they did not mention what year, the month may be right ......

coffee

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/06/17 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude

Cant wait to see some great demo's .... i allways loved the hq demo's over at Ketron UK

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/06/17 06:02 AM

Cant wait to see some great demo's .... i allways loved the hq demo's over at Ketron UK

But, the quote of Tonewheeldudes post are dated 04 October, 2016.
Yeah, I know the saying "Those who are waiting for something good .........."

coffee

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/06/17 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

But, the quote of Tonewheeldudes post are dated 04 October, 2016.
Yeah, I know the saying "Those who are waiting for something good .........."

coffee
dang, the forum played fools on me... when insaw this post, it was the last one... tought it was a new one...
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/07/17 01:26 AM

You were not the only one.

Bernie

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/09/17 12:08 AM

It is german and the final Sd9 for Frankfurt,more new styles,voices etc......can't wait,and now some demo's.

SPEZIFIKATIONS – UPDATE SD9 - 2017
SOUNDS
368 Preset Voices mit herausragendem Stereo Grand Piano, Electric Piano, Orchestral Strings, Brass,
Vocals, Organs mit speziellen Slow/Fast Rotor Samples. Neue authentische Classic Solo Instrumente
wie Classical und Jazz Violin, Oboe, Flute, Soprano, Peruvian Flute mit natürlichem Decay und
Vibrato. Voice Edit mit erweiterter Bearbeitung für Dsp, Dynamic Filter, Sustain und Double. Voice
List Bereich mit 80 User Presets.
STYLES
400 Styles. 140 neue großartige Live Styles zusätzlich zu den SD7 Styles (260 Styles) mit Live Drums,
Live Guitars und Grooves. Große Auswahl für moderne und traditionelle Stilrichtungen mit speziellen
neuen Smooth Jazz, Pop, Dance, Ballad und Latin Arrangements. Style Edit mit Pattern Aufzeichnung
und professionellen Bearbeitungsmöglichkeiten. User Style Bereich mit unbegrenzten
Speichermöglichkeiten auf Disk. Neue Fill & Drum In Funktion, Drum Boost und Voice List Zuordnung.
100 Stereo Live Drums Wave Streaming mit Time Stretching, 3 Band Equalizer und kompletter
Arranger Struktur (ABCD, Fill, Break, Intro, End). Die Library umfasst eine große Palette akustischer
Drum Loops und eine neue Auswahl lateinamerikanischer und spezieller brasilianischer Percussions.
Import eigener Wave Audio Drums und Kompatibilität mit den User Audio Drums @ der Audya Serie.
150 Live Guitars mit Folk Acoustic, Nylon und Electric Patterns. Stereo und Mix Kombinationen.
Ãœber 500 Groove Loops mit neuen Stereo Congas, Bongos, Shaker, Maracas, Clap, Kick, Hi Hat,
Tambourine, Pandero, Cajon und anderen Percussions.
Neues Style Modeling ergänzt durch Live Drums, Latin Grooves und Live Guitars.
LAUNCHPAD
Neuer außergewöhnlicher Bereich des SD9 mit 1024 Launchpad Projekten, 12 Pads und 6 Scenes.
Synchronisation von 3 x Wave gleichzeitig mit Midi. Dieses Feature kombiniert das Style Modeling
mit Wave und Real Time Sequencer (Phrase und Song) und macht das Erstellen professioneller
komplexer Sequenzen möglich. Launchpad erlaubt dem Musiker die interaktive Steuerung durch das
Starten oder Stoppen verschiedener Pads einer Scene und die individuelle Kontrolle der enthaltenen
Lautstärken und Effekte.
Es ist auch möglich komplette Styles oder einzelne Teile wie Drum, Bass oder Chords zu importieren,
sowie vom Grund auf neue Drum Pattern mit dem Drum Kit Looper zu entwerfen. Eine spezielle
Padumgebung mit Filter und Resonance ermöglicht die dynamische Effektsteuerung während der
Performance.
KEYBOARD CONTROL
Einfacher Zugriff auf Aftertouch, Portamento und Double Funktionen. Schnelle Bearbeitung des
Insert EFX mit Speichermöglichkeit als User Preset.
DSP
Neuer DSP mit 64 EFX Inserts und neu gestalteten Hi-Quality Reverb, Distortion, Overdrive, Chorus,
Phaser, Flanger und Autopan Effekten.
VOICETRON
Der neue Voicetron bietet einen 3 Voice Vocalizer mit verbesserter digitaler Voice Qualität, Pitch
Correction und Autotunes. 18 Harmony Presets plus 10 User Presets.
PLAYBOX
Neuer Speicherbereich Playbox mit 4 Foldern und 1024 Files per Folder. Speichermöglichkeit für die
bevorzugten Files des Players wie Midi, Mp3 oder Wave mit noch schnellerem Zugriff.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/11/17 05:34 AM

Thanks audyaplayer... Lots of great info (i read German)

This still does not answer the question, i have had from the beginning, will we be able to use the launchpad feature instead of the styles.... Or will it also work like multipads on top of a style?

Not that a 76 key version would be an option for me... If i ever upgrade my pa4x, it will be for an 88 key version or for a module version...

But from the features, i would agree this is definately the most advanced arranger ever build (when just judging the arrangement part)

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/12/17 01:26 PM

This still does not answer the question, i have had from the beginning, will we be able to use the launchpad feature instead of the styles.... Or will it also work like multipads on top of a style?

Still no answer?

Anyone?

AJ?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/13/17 04:41 AM

Bachus.

The Launchpad and Style are mutually exclusive so it's either or. The great thing about the Launchpad is creativity is now totally in the hands of the musician. You can combine up to 3 waves and 9 midi phrases which you can decide to either have chord progressions within or follow your lead on progression. We also added a new CHORD RECORDER (similar to Chord sequencer) which allows you to write or record your chord progression ... then simply touch a pad(s) and have it(them) follow that progression. You can also determine which pad(s) follow the progression and which don't.

Other professional applications of the Launchpad include being able to record complete audio phrases and play along with them in sync to the tempo of the over all Launchpad. This means the line between audio and midi just got a lot thinner with the SD9 PRO. With STYLE IMPORT and MODELLING, you can take advantage of style tracks (Ch1, Ch2 ...etc) and LIVE GUITARS to build complex scenes (up to 6) per performance. With controls like VOL, REV, CHO and EFX for each scene, only your imagination will limit you.

Here is a screen shot just to give you an idea.....

Hope you now have a better understanding of the new Launchpad....

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/13/17 08:06 AM

I go visit the Frankfurter Messe to see and listen the Sd9 pro,4 hour drive,hopefully i get some answers and a date when it comes on the market,

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/13/17 04:32 PM

I go visit the Frankfurter Messe.....

Just a few weeks till the doors open:
Wednesday 5th to Saturday 8th April 2017

keys

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/15/17 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Bachus.

The Launchpad and Style are mutually exclusive so it's either or. The great thing about the Launchpad is creativity is now totally in the hands of the musician. You can combine up to 3 waves and 9 midi phrases which you can decide to either have chord progressions within or follow your lead on progression. We also added a new CHORD RECORDER (similar to Chord sequencer) which allows you to write or record your chord progression ... then simply touch a pad(s) and have it(them) follow that progression. You can also determine which pad(s) follow the progression and which don't.

Other professional applications of the Launchpad include being able to record complete audio phrases and play along with them in sync to the tempo of the over all Launchpad. This means the line between audio and midi just got a lot thinner with the SD9 PRO. With STYLE IMPORT and MODELLING, you can take advantage of style tracks (Ch1, Ch2 ...etc) and LIVE GUITARS to build complex scenes (up to 6) per performance. With controls like VOL, REV, CHO and EFX for each scene, only your imagination will limit you.

Here is a screen shot just to give you an idea.....

Hope you now have a better understanding of the new Launchpad....

Thank you AJ, for the quick answer... i really love the feature... to bad its mutuall exclusive, i was hoping to use it as an advanced form of multipads on top of a style... multipads, espescially on the pa4x allow you to change the feeling of a style

Still a good feature... since you have 12 tracks instead of 8, it allows for quite some freedom and versatillity...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/15/17 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
I go visit the Frankfurter Messe.....

Just a few weeks till the doors open:
Wednesday 5th to Saturday 8th April 2017

keys

3 weeks

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/15/17 08:32 AM

I go visit the Frankfurter Messe to see and listen the Sd9 pro,4 hour drive,hopefully i get some answers and a date when it comes on the market,

Would have loved to, but i will need to wayt till they have one on display at Deira in Heerlen or at Music Store in Köln

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/20/17 03:06 PM

Bachus.

Yes, it is an advanced form of 'multipads'. You can still do just as you requested above - use a style in conjunction with the Launchpad, just within the Launchpad platform (and not within the arranger platform as other manufactures do)! Note that in the Launchpad platform, yes, you still have access to your arranger controls (Fills, breaks ... etc).

Your style has 9 auto tracks (Drums, Perc, Bass, Chords 1-5 and Live Audio Guitar), right? Simply IMPORT these 9 style elements into a Scene. This leaves you with 3 more to use just as you described (for midi or audio/wave tracks).
So, for an example ....
Scene 1 will have Arranger A style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
Scene 2 will have Arranger B style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
Scene 3 will have Arranger C style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
At this rate, Scene 6 can have nothing but your extra 'stuff', so in total, if you think about it, other arrangers give you a max of 4 pads to use with the arranger, while this new KETRON approach gives you various combinations since you have a max of 72 pads!
* 18 styles and no free pads
* 17 styles and 3 pads to work with
* 16 styles and 6 pads to work with
* 15 pads and 9 pads to work with
* 2 styles and 64 pads to work with
* 1 style and 68 pads to work with!

If you want to go with the conventional arranger set up of 1 style to 4 pads, then on the SD9 Pro, you'll have 68 pads (not 4) left to work with in conjunction with 1 style!

Now as you play, right there from the Launchpad screen, you can control both the ARRANGER tracks AND your extra Pads (mute, mix, blend, chord sequence, Modeling, beat mode ... etc).

Now save this as a Launchpad Project (similar to Registration). At your show, simply load this file (it will load all associated style parts, audio elements and midi elements associated with all 72 Pads)!

From a professional and operational point of view, this method (in my opinion and design) gives you way more flexibility and control of your tracks and over all performance than simply picking a style and touching 4 pads to add to that style. The Launchpad on the SD9 Pro takes the use of pads to a whole new level and takes advantage of the large touch screen.

Hope this clarifies this.

Thanks,

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/21/17 04:44 AM

Bachus.

Yes, it is an advanced form of 'multipads'. You can still do just as you requested above - use a style in conjunction with the Launchpad, just within the Launchpad platform (and not within the arranger platform as other manufactures do)! Note that in the Launchpad platform, yes, you still have access to your arranger controls (Fills, breaks ... etc).

Your style has 9 auto tracks (Drums, Perc, Bass, Chords 1-5 and Live Audio Guitar), right? Simply IMPORT these 9 style elements into a Scene. This leaves you with 3 more to use just as you described (for midi or audio/wave tracks).
So, for an example ....
Scene 1 will have Arranger A style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
Scene 2 will have Arranger B style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
Scene 3 will have Arranger C style elements from style plus 3 of your pad data (midi or/and wave).
At this rate, Scene 6 can have nothing but your extra 'stuff', so in total, if you think about it, other arrangers give you a max of 4 pads to use with the arranger, while this new KETRON approach gives you various combinations since you have a max of 72 pads!

If you want to go with the conventional arranger set up of 1 style to 4 pads, then on the SD9 Pro, you'll have 68 pads (not 4) left to work with in conjunction with 1 style!

Now as you play, right there from the Launchpad screen, you can control both the ARRANGER tracks AND your extra Pads (mute, mix, blend, chord sequence, Modeling, beat mode ... etc).

Now save this as a Launchpad Project (similar to Registration). At your show, simply load this file (it will load all associated style parts, audio elements and midi elements associated with all 72 Pads)!

From a professional and operational point of view, this method (in my opinion and design) gives you way more flexibility and control of your tracks and over all performance than simply picking a style and touching 4 pads to add to that style. The Launchpad on the SD9 Pro takes the use of pads to a whole new level and takes advantage of the large touch screen.

Thanks,

Very good Elements!!!!
Thank you AJ...
We waiting for more infos, demos, manual etc...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/21/17 08:21 AM

Bachus.

So, for an example ....

Thanks,

So if i understand correctly, the limit is 12 tracks ... but with only 6 scenes in the pad mode, using pad mode does not allow to have 4 Variations with 4 fills some intro's and endings... if i want full style functionallity then i cant use the pads...

Maybe in the Future, Ketron can make a combi mode.... where i can have X full functioning style parts (intro/ending var, fill, break) ... and 12-x pads (with 6 scenes)

I could have a style of 6 tracks... and then 6 pads... i am quite sure with enough time the programmers in Italy can do this in a patch some day in the future...

Yet, still the feature is prommising...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/21/17 05:23 PM

Bachus,

Maybe if I explain just a little more, it will make more sense to you. The arranger controls (fills, breaks) work in Pad mode. Each scene can accept 12 pads. There are 6 scenes per project so you can have 72 pads per project (with access to 12 at any given time). So if you port the Arranger parts into a scene, then you will have 3 pads per scene free.

In an arranger, you cannot play arranger A and arranger B at the same time (it's either or) .... so in the Launchpad mode, you cannot play Scene 1 and Scene 2 at the same time - you have access to only one scene's data (pads) at a time (just as with the arranger, you have access and use of only one arranger, fill, intro, ending at a time). An arranger cannot play parts of the intro and arranger b together - but with the Launchpad, you can break this limitation.

So, at any given time, you have access to 12 pads that you can manipulate in real time so if you take a style's arranger A and dump into Scene 1, this means you have 3 free pads in this scene. Now, dump arranger B in to Scene 2 ...etc. Scene 4 will be your last scene with arranger parts (unless you want to also incorporate intros and endings).

Hope this make it easier to understand.

Thanks,

Posted by: pastroccio

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/30/17 09:59 AM

Thank's AJ, but I read, and read many time but not full understand:
because you talk about 16 styles... or more maybe you want tell "par style "?
- How is link a pad to the key switch (arr a b c d , Fill Break, Intro )?
I want understan using lanch pad with only 1 FULL style what have plus, and if all 4 var, 4 break 4 fill 3 intro 3 ends. how much slot need ecc?
can you make an example please

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/31/17 03:25 AM

NEW LIVE GUITARS,WHOOOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM8LsbMh8o

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/31/17 04:28 AM

Many new demos out - I'm collecting all of them. Guitars not all that much different from the Audya apart from the new country and Jazz additions - just played well with the appropriate bass this time...

Will I get one? You bet!!! As soon as I have the funds ready one will be shipped to South Africa - you can bet on that!

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 03/31/17 07:30 AM

My Audya is fine. I will wait for the next TOTL Audya that, if ever made, will incorporate the new features of the SD7 replacement(SD9).

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/03/17 05:23 AM

Too many new Style videos of SD9Pro...

Posted by: hammer

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/03/17 08:38 AM

My question would be has there been any improvements in the operation of the OS as compared to the SD7? Also, after spending almost 2 years with my SD7 would all my setups transfer to the SD9 Pro or would I be starting all over again????

Deane

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/03/17 10:46 AM

Can't believe the following comes from me:

Based purely on the style demos above, talking about styles only, I feel like someone poured cold water over me. I do not understand why it took so long in the making as style wise it's not really so much more advanced from my aging Audya. Yes, sure a good musician will make it talk, but so can one do with my Audya exactly as is too.

I expected many, many more brand new audio guitar loops. I also expected many, many new human voice audio loops. Audio drums does not really impress me all that much over good midi drums, but other audio voices do. Maybe the "pads" will make up for all of this, I honestly don't know.

Not as itchy any more. Should the money come, fine. Should it not, I can still live with what I have.

Sorry if I sound a little negative, but when the Audya came out it was so much different that it was hard to comprehend. Guess I expected too much this time round. For the price of a small car, I just expected to be a little more "wowed".

Two, no make it three things "wowed" me: The country audio guitar loops, the acapella type style & the new blues guitar voice. There might be some other things onboard that I've not heard as yet and I surely hope so.

As for those who do not have the Audya, this will be a HUGE leap forward. Don't be put off by my comments above. Having had the best there is for so long changed my expectations ever so slightly.

Let me go play with Sokratis' new style - also I found some converted SD7 styles today. Hopefully it's different to my conversions as I did a lot of guesswork on those & they can be made to sound much better than is. Boy! The continued possibilities from my seven year old Audya is still hard to comprehend...

Henni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/03/17 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By Henni

Based purely on the style demos above, talking about styles only, I feel like someone poured cold water over me. I do not understand why it took so long in the making as style wise it's not really so much more advanced from my aging Audya. Yes, sure a good musician will make it talk, but so can one do with my Audya exactly as is too.

I expected many, many more brand new audio guitar loops. I also expected many, many new human voice audio loops. Audio drums does not really impress me all that much over good midi drums, but other audio voices do. Maybe the "pads" will make up for all of this, I honestly don't know.

Not as itchy any more. Should the money come, fine. Should it not, I can still live with what I have.

Sorry if I sound a little negative, but when the Audya came out it was so much different that it was hard to comprehend. Guess I expected too much this time round. For the price of a small car, I just expected to be a little more "wowed".

Two, no make it three things "wowed" me: The country audio guitar loops, the acapella type style & the new blues guitar voice. There might be some other things onboard that I've not heard as yet and I surely hope so.

As for those who do not have the Audya, this will be a HUGE leap forward. Don't be put off by my comments above. Having had the best there is for so long changed my expectations ever so slightly.

Let me go play with Sokratis' new style - also I found some converted SD7 styles today. Hopefully it's different to my conversions as I did a lot of guesswork on those & they can be made to sound much better than is. Boy! The continued possibilities from my seven year old Audya is still hard to comprehend...

Henni

What would interest me most Henri, i have many audio loops, not just drums, but also many many guitar, percusion, bass loops.. now i am wondering why Ketron does not open up the system much more, so people can add their own audio stuff to their selfcreated styles..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/03/17 09:59 PM

Hi Bachus,

If I understand the Launchpad concept correct, then maybe you can do just that - use your stuff to play along with styles. I expected this to be demonstrated in the demos as this would be the absolute best new feature on the new SD9PRO.

Henni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/03/17 10:50 PM

Henni

Henni... I agree absolutely with you....
So... I think of....

Before one year we had a (pre-presentation) of Ketron the new SD9Pro which, the company wants to replace with this the Audya... (I know that from company)....
Ok...
Now in new PDF we have some strange news...

1) In the first specifications (2016) there was 700mb Ram... Now in new PDF exist 400mb... Why this downgrading??

2) In the first PDF (2016) there was: (to create into the machine his own Multisample instruments
or Drum sets and store them as resident.)... Now in new PDF there are only 400mb left... Nothing about to create Drums kit with stereo wav Samples...

3) In the first specifications (2016) there was (custom Midi sequences) in Style Modeling...In new PDF silence about this..

And more....
1) In a new generation Audya (like SD9Pro), I would expect to have the possibility to create my own new audio guitars... Nothing about this......

2) SSD 16Gb.... I thing very small... Of course its upgradable 240Gb however the price in Thomann is about 270 Euros...

3) The sound of new Styles demos, is not new.... Not really new...

And more...
Audya=370 Audio Drums, SD9Pro=259 Audio Drums.
Audya=159 Audio Guitar Riff, SD9Pro 150 Audio Guitar Riff.
And more...

I think the best new of SD9Pro, is the LAUNCHPAD.... Realy its a amazing app...

However.... The price is about 4000 euros.... Hmmmmmm......
I dont know Ketron... I don know if is it good news...

I am waiting the full manual... However I think, this is not a new generation Audya.....

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/04/17 12:59 AM

Hi Sokratis,

Glad you agree. I thought that maybe I was just too critical. But you raised some very valid points there. As for the Launchpad, I listen to the demos & they are great, but I do not know how the demos were created. If I hear a default style with some stuff added to it, maybe I can really evaluate this new feature.

Yes, the new voices are great, but I expected more of the new styles. Make no mistake, they are good but I guess I expected more.

Anyway, if I had the funds readily available, I would have gone for it. But I'm not going to try to move heaven & earth in order to purchase one at this stage. Maybe I'll change my mind when new demos become available.

16GB sure is small - I have so much loaded onto my Audya. And never again will I open the casing to add anything. To this day my Audya no longer starts on the 1st attempt & I'm not opening it again. Once my screen ribbon cable pulled out of the plug & I nearly had a heart attack. Luckily I managed to push it back into the plug again! Never taking that chance again.

Henni
Posted by: Speed

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/04/17 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

Henni

So... I think of....

Before one year we had a (pre-presentation) of Ketron the new SD9Pro which, the company wants to replace with this the Audya... (I know that from company)....
Ok...

1) In the first specifications (2016) there was 700mb Ram... Now in new PDF exist 400mb... Why this downgrading??

2) In the first PDF (2016) there was: (to create into the machine his own Multisample instruments
or Drum sets and store them as resident.)... Now in new PDF there are only 400mb left... Nothing about to create Drums kit with stereo wav Samples...

3) In the first specifications (2016) there was (custom Midi sequences) in Style Modeling...In new PDF silence about this..

And more....
1) In a new generation Audya (like SD9Pro), I would expect to have the possibility to create my own new audio guitars... Nothing about this......

2) SSD 16Gb.... I thing very small... Of course its upgradable 240Gb however the price in Thomann is about 270 Euros...

And more...
And more...

I am waiting the full manual... However I think, this is not a new generation Audya.....

Really bad news
I find it hard to understand this company and its decisions
no user drums as msp ?? why???
what??? It is Audya all over again

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/04/17 04:12 AM

Dear friend... I think is good to wait the full manual...
Yes....The news is not good... However I am waiting the final presentation, and manual..
Best Regards...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/04/17 04:16 AM

It is really sad that the manufacturers of keyboards today
Think that keyboards are phones Increase memory and put a stronger processor and that's it the Audya 5 turkish version is great I prefer to buy the audya 5 and not the SD9 and what about the Bugs and ketron bad service...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/05/17 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By Speed

Henni

So... I think of....

Ok...

And more....

And more...
And more...

Really bad news
I find it hard to understand this company and its decisions
no user drums as msp ?? why???
what??? It is Audya all over again

Since they dont communicate nor listen to their potential clientele... we will never understand their design desigens..
Posted by: dreamer85

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/06/17 01:05 AM

We need to do a Ketron-fan prototype keyboard! Join all the potencial and experience.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/07/17 02:00 AM

So,i'm back from Frankfurt,and i am a little bit dissapointed about the SD9,where shall i begin,it looks very nice,nice design,the DSP'S(reverbs) are much better than from the Audya and the touchscreen is amazing,very fast,there are ofcourse many new sounds for the righthand,i hoped that Ketron has the guitarbank updated and good guitarsounds with ditto DSP'S,(whawha,distortion etc but no),for the lefthand,the styles and the liveguitars,hmm,what i heard,lot's of Audya stuff,there is a new country liveguitar,very nice,i heard it about 30 a 45 min and what i think is,an updated Audya(sound)but with new design,better hardware and ofcourse the launchpad,but i think for the home keyboardplayer is this very difficult to understand(launchpad)this is my opion.When it comes on the market,no answer yet.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/07/17 02:43 AM

Thank's audyaplayer.. Did you listen about the personal wav to drum kit and multisampler for personal layer ? because in the last depliant they remove it

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/07/17 04:11 AM

I don't know Pastroccio,i don't ask,it was very crowded at the Ketron stand,many people who wants to play the SD9,i was lucky to be the first to play with it.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/07/17 10:41 PM

So,i'm back from Frankfurt,and i am a little bit dissapointed about the SD9,where shall i begin,it looks very nice,nice design,the DSP'S(reverbs) are much better than from the Audya and the touchscreen is amazing,very fast,there are ofcourse many new sounds for the righthand,i hoped that Ketron has the guitarbank updated and good guitarsounds with ditto DSP'S,(whawha,distortion etc but no),for the lefthand,the styles and the liveguitars,hmm,what i heard,lot's of Audya stuff,there is a new country liveguitar,very nice,i heard it about 30 a 45 min and what i think is,an updated Audya(sound)but with new design,better hardware and ofcourse the launchpad,but i think for the home keyboardplayer is this very difficult to understand(launchpad)this is my opion.When it comes on the market,no answer yet.

You cant expect a keyboard to come fully loaded with brand new content these days... that would require just to much way

They need to build uppon whats allready there.. which still saddens me, is that its not really an improved version of the Audya, because when i look at the written specs there are quite a lot of things and content missing..

For me the launchpad feature is quite clear.. but then i have quite some experience with ableton live.. its a bit like clip selection in ableton live.. except the clips follow your chord progression on the SD9 pro..

I would have loved to see it as a tool to use next to styles, instead of something that replaces styles.. most arranger players are better off with styles... to use launchpad efficient it requires more player input. However, for people like me, that dont use intro's a lot, the launchpad will still be a step forward...

I will have to see for myself by playing it, but probably will wayt till there is a full desktop module version of the SD9 before making a decision. I am quite happy with the pa4x, and also intrigued to see what Yamaha brings later this year..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/09/17 02:35 AM

And now we can wait,nothing on youtube,no videos no live demos to see,nothing on there site,more colleagues musicians were dissapointed when they heard it,and decide to wait to buy it.
Posted by: salsaman

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/09/17 09:43 AM

I think many of these concerns that are cropping up concerning the new Ketron SD-9 may well be addressed by AJ's Ajamsonic upgrade packages.

I am hoping that AJ will be able to provide his upgrades for the Ketron line of products worldwide.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/09/17 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By salsaman
I think many of these concerns that are cropping up concerning the new Ketron SD-9 may well be addressed by AJ's Ajamsonic upgrade packages.

I am hoping that AJ will be able to provide his upgrades for the Ketron line of products worldwide.

When i spend 4000 euro's on a keyboard hoping for AJ to repair the issues with a paid upgrade pack is not an option

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/10/17 10:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2kROR67zZI

Listen to Marcello at the end of the clip,SD9 about 3000 a 3200 euro's,but the dealerprice overhere in Holland 3799 a 3995 euro.

http://www.smpalma.it/ricerca.asp
In Italy 3190,00 euro's

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/10/17 02:25 PM

rolleyes
Posted by: andreurivero

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/10/17 04:45 PM

See this demos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9rqlQNA2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMCV28qWVkM

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/10/17 11:35 PM

3 demo, but only 1 is nice no see. We know Marcello is a big music man, but listen 2 tribute has no sense, play all the time with 1 style has no sense. A good demo is to change many style, many sound in a little time, don't need to see improvvisation. Play the new sound the new style, show exatly how lanch pad work, ecc..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/11/17 12:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2kROR67zZI

Listen to Marcello at the end of the clip,SD9 about 3000 a 3200 euro's,but the dealerprice overhere in Holland 3799 a 3995 euro.

http://www.smpalma.it/ricerca.asp
In Italy 3190,00 euro's

The price at Deira is based on what Ketron told him a year ago at musikmesse 2016, price sd9 around 4000 euro...

I think with the new prices, Deira will soon change his prices... altough at that much lower price, there will me much less extra's you will be getting in the deal...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/11/17 12:30 PM

I would buy that SD9 pro module witouth hesitation....

My next setup will be an 88 key and an arranger module....

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/11/17 03:27 PM

Me too i will buy a sd9 pro module, but my dream is the cromatic button version.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/11/17 10:16 PM

Nice,

I'm sure at least one of the demos above demonstrates the use of launch pads (added saxes/trombones & guitars to an existing style) and it sound really, but really very realistic. Also I can now clearly hear the updated audio guitar parts & once again, they sound very realistic. The new bass sections are also very nice.

Well done Ketron. Yes, it has a lot of the Audya in it, however I'm sure we'll see many more demos demonstrating the full potential of this amazing new arranger.

Henni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/11/17 10:55 PM

Ok..
I am just informed (from Ketron), about to create Drums Kit with Wav files...
Yes... Its impossible on SD9Pro... Although not yet completed the platform (in OS), however very soon will be complete this possibility... And more.. Maybe we will waiting a more very big surprise (for users) on SD9Pro... I cannot say morem becouse is not sure...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/12/17 12:50 AM

Finally good news!!
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/12/17 02:31 AM

Ok..
Yes... Its impossible on SD9Pro... Although not yet completed the platform (in OS), however very soon will be complete this possibility... And more.. Maybe we will waiting a more very big surprise (for users) on SD9Pro... I cannot say morem becouse is not sure...

impossible or possible ?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/12/17 03:12 AM

Hahahahahaha!!!.. Yes!!.. You are right my bro Necdet.. (Possible)!!!

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/12/17 05:36 AM

Ok..

Lets hope, to have 4 (x6 scenes) luanchpads available when using style... that should be technically possible, and add another strong point..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/12/17 02:39 PM

keys Why not Ketron dont make a today useful hardware, real touchs pads for the new launchpad and others funcions, user assignable funcions, etc? And a propose a independent knobs for áudio multitrack. Makes the keyboard instrument more flexible and modern!

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/13/17 12:20 PM

Those launchpads are very effective. In the second demo of one of the videos above, you can clearly see where he brings in the sax & guitar solos & where he ends them. Very, very realistic indeed. This is like Yamaha's multipads, only much, much more realistic & much more powerful. I often copy style parts from one style to another. This only works if the part lengths are the same. So these launcpads will indeed prove to be the biggest addition to what is presently available in the Audya. One can only hope that those nice added solo parts can actually be downloaded from somewhere as the ones used in the demo are no ordinary copied style parts.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/13/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By dreamer85
keys Why not Ketron dont make a today useful hardware, real touchs pads for the new launchpad and others funcions, user assignable funcions, etc? And a propose a independent knobs for áudio multitrack. Makes the keyboard instrument more flexible and modern!

I would definately buy the version with the real pads...and the knobs (4 would be enough) been saying this for years,,, If you want to see what company gof the interface right.. with pads, knobs, touchscreens and drawbars... have a look at the casio mz-x 500..

Altough they have 2 major letdowns, physicall build quallity and sound quallity, the interface of Casio MZ-X and their selection of tools on board is almost perfect...

Physical pads and physical encoders are a must have....
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/14/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By dreamer85

clap

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/18/17 01:12 PM

So here we are ..SD9 was shown on Musik messe 2016 and 2017 and we still dont know when it will be released...

Well done Ketron, this is what the brand needs so people regain trust in your company

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/18/17 03:55 PM

Don't worry Bachus.
If the world still rotate, it's a chance there will be a Musik Messe in 2018 again.....
After all, "The Ketron Way" is not to ride the same year they sadle .... wink

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/19/17 05:43 AM

I think in Holland we call such the Italian way.
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/19/17 11:51 AM

Let's look to the past when I remember right

Audya

2007 - first shown @ Musikmesse
2008 - again shown @ Musikmesse
2009 - shown @ Musikmesse and available in a very unstable version

SD9 Pro

2016 - first shown @ Musikmesse
2017 - again shown @ Musikmesse
2018 - ?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/22/17 01:06 AM

Now are the demos on their site,we all seen this,nothing new,but i have an answer from an Italiën Musicshop,there are a vieuw Sd9 available end this month and the price from this shop is 3190 euro's,i hope this price is right and also there answer,so Holland,Germany,Belgium etc,your prices are way to high.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/24/17 10:30 PM

Bachus,

After further considering your suggestion, we have now included in the LaunchPad the capability to quickly bring in a style. This way, while you are in the LaunchPad environment, you also have access to the style sections (Arranger A, B, C ... etc) in real time!

I hope you'll now consider an SD9 Pro?

Great point ... and thanks for the suggestion.

Ok..

Lets hope, to have 4 (x6 scenes) luanchpads available when using style... that should be technically possible, and add another strong point..

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/25/17 12:33 PM

Bachus,

After further considering your suggestion, we have now included in the LaunchPad the capability to quickly bring in a style. This way, while you are in the LaunchPad environment, you also have access to the style sections (Arranger A, B, C ... etc) in real time!

I hope you'll now consider an SD9 Pro?

Great point ... and thanks for the suggestion.

Ok..

I am stunned... someone finally listened to me

Well, cant wayt to get my hands on it, thats for sure...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 04/25/17 03:15 PM

shocked

clap

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/03/17 12:19 AM

And may it is.
AJ??????????????????????
GIVE US AN DATE AND NOT THE ANSWER SOON
Must we wait Frankfurter messe 2018? confused1

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/03/17 09:21 PM

And may it is.
AJ??????????????????????
GIVE US AN DATE AND NOT THE ANSWER SOON
Must we wait Frankfurter messe 2018? confused1

some more months was the unofficial statement at the musikmesse

so probably not before Oktober

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/04/17 12:31 AM

Your joking Bachus,realy????
My interest goes down and down and i was not 100% convinced last time at the messe,and than this,hmm
Posted by: Ingres

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/04/17 03:26 AM

That's Ketron ...
Playing them since SD1.
Despite all the power of Audya, my next kb will not be a Ketron.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/04/17 12:33 PM

Your joking Bachus,realy????
My interest goes down and down and i was not 100% convinced last time at the messe,and than this,hmm

No joking from my side,...

Lets just hope they are taking their time to create a relatively bugfree experience

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/11/17 08:05 AM

Slow is the word for Ketron. Interest will be gone before they ever get the board to customers. Imagine how long it will be
to get the bugs out of it. Ill stick to Yamaha for reliability.
Lloyd

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/11/17 11:25 AM

I'll wait for Ketron and get the best.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/12/17 08:10 AM

Yes Bernie,we can wait,wait,wait,
look at the date,16 september,one of the biggest online shops in europe.

Musicstore.de

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/13/17 02:19 AM

Yes, I know how frustrating it must be to anxiously wait for the kettle to boil, especially, with false hopes given out. In the end there will be a revolutionary product. Luckily, my Audya 76 is fine in the meantime.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 05/26/17 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By Korgman5
Slow is the word for Ketron. Interest will be gone before they ever get the board to customers. Imagine how long it will be
to get the bugs out of it. Ill stick to Yamaha for reliability.
Lloyd

I suppose the horse and cart could be considered more reliable than a Ferrari (also Italian) laugh Both will get you from A-B but why not turn some heads on the way and enjoy the ride? (as Ketron users do).

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/26/17 12:27 AM

New demo's on you tube.
This is the sound,real liveband,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZJH56sEWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQvlMWQ3AOQ

Rumors says,this week to the stores

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/28/17 04:01 AM

Yes,it's on the website,hopefully next week a phonecall from my dealer.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/28/17 07:11 AM

And a complete manual is also on the site,they have done there homework,i go save all my Audya stuff on the computer,AND MAKE SOME ROOM FOR THE sd9

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/28/17 12:46 PM

http://www.ajamsonic.com/KETRON%20SD9%20Pro%20MANUAL%20-%20ENGLISH%20FINAL.pdf

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/28/17 11:08 PM

WOW!!!!!!
1) 5 cHORD Chanels in style, and different Live Guitar Chanel (Full 6 chanels).. On Audya we had 5 chanels (full) and if we want Audio Guitar, we can from chanel 5... Here we have 5 (midi chord chanels), and exlusive different chanel for Live Guitar..
2) User Modeling (midi phrases)... Wow!!!!
3) Different Time Signature and Tempo bpm for each Variations
and more!!!
Exelent!!!!
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 06/29/17 01:00 PM

Is the SD9pro in the USA ?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/02/17 11:48 AM

Dan,
Yes, it is.

Deane

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/03/17 08:05 PM

Sokratis,

Yes indeed, there are quit a few unique and interesting features 'buried' inside the SD9 Pro. I am surprised too that not many folks have picked up on the fact that some styles have 6 Arrangers/Variation sections (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2 and D1, D2), or the fact that you can port a style into the LaunchPad environment and sync up to 3 audio/wave files with the style, program Pads to respond to/ignore chord changes ... again taking the lead on some musical features.

Thanks,

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/03/17 10:57 PM

Sokratis,

Yes indeed, there are quit a few unique and interesting features 'buried' inside the SD9 Pro. I am surprised too that not many folks have picked up on the fact that some styles have 6 Arrangers/Variation sections (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2 and D1, D2), or the fact that you can port a style into the LaunchPad environment and sync up to 3 audio/wave files with the style, program Pads to respond to/ignore chord changes ... again taking the lead on some musical features.

Thanks,

You are right AJ...
Also I am waiting to see with who way we will can import Midi Sequences in User Modeling (maybe in the next OS update)..
I thnik is a very good possibility in my hands...
And of cource I am waiting the complete instructions for New Drums Kit with own wav drum samples files, and I think in Ketron to listen the prayers of users for create user audio guitars..
I thnik now with Linux platform is more easy than Audya..
I hope....
Posted by: MSoft

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/04/17 12:51 AM

AJ

How about russian language in lyrics ?
Posted by: Ingres

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/04/17 03:30 AM

AJ

I think I will contact you.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/05/17 12:54 AM

Ok... I see in a new video, about User Audio Drums of SD9Pro, the folders of User Modeling, and I found something very interesting...
Soo... I found the following folders:
1)Bass
2)Drum
3)Groove
4)Guitar
5)Orchestral
6)Piano
It is like Factory Modeling, and this is the Midi Phrases of Modeling, and with this later will we can to import own Midi Sequences Phraces.. Ok..
However except the Folder (LiveDrum=User Audio Drums), exist also two folders with the names:
1) LiveGuitar
2) RamGroove.... RamGroove??????.... What is it???
Ok... I know from Ketron that the Grooves Percussions and Audio Guitars, they plays from ROM (with Time Slices mothod), and not with Live Streaming, like Audio, and User Audio drums...
The User Guitars in Audya (I mean the User Guitars that we have from Ketron in the INS Files), it they plays in RAM...
And now here on the SD9Pro, we have two mysterious Folders..
1) LiveGuitar
2) RamGroove....

So I think....
1) LiveGuitar Folder == Maybe with next update we can to create user audio guitars with user wav files Riff???.....
2) RamGroove == If we can to create (User Groove Percussion), it is logical to load in Ram, therefore the name is (RamGroove)... Maybe?????.....
rocker rocker
I think the SD9Pro hides surprises....

The Image with The Folders

The video that I see is here

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/27/17 08:17 AM

Any suggestions as to who can help do the translation will help. The more languages we make available, the better.

Originally Posted By MSoft
AJ

How about russian language in lyrics ?

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/27/17 08:18 AM

Ok .... waiting :-)

Originally Posted By Ingres
AJ

I think I will contact you.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/27/17 06:41 PM

I can translate to Hebrew If that helps

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/28/17 12:29 AM

Wow,that's fast,the first update for the SD9.

https://www.ketron.it/software/567-sd9-1/sd9-1-0-1

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/28/17 12:35 PM

Yep. KETRON listens to their customers ... most of the time.

Thanks,
Posted by: Keeman

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/28/17 01:00 PM

Hi AJ,
Yes they (you) are listening.
But here we have to suggest, what has changed realy.
Can you tell us what this 'management' update means.
I can't see / hear any difference on my SD9 ?.

My Regards,
Kees from Holland.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/28/17 02:04 PM

Try changing chords .... a little quicker as you play styles. Notice how much 'better' the bass changes especially with 'jazz' chords? No new features.

Originally Posted By Keeman
Hi AJ,
Yes they (you) are listening.
But here we have to suggest, what has changed realy.
Can you tell us what this 'management' update means.
I can't see / hear any difference on my SD9 ?.

My Regards,
Kees from Holland.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/29/17 03:41 AM

AJ, i have to say, i am inpressed, not only about this first update, but also about the rock stable performance i had playing the SD9 for 2 hours.. it was a delight. Also i read trough themanuall from a to z and discovered some nice things like sidechaining. Now i am windering if its possible to add thechain of effects for the external guitar to the solo voices?

The new pads feature is incredible.. its not eveything it could have been.. but allready much more then i expected. With a few minir changes it will be perfect and have set the future for all arrangers. I dearly hope they will keep adding more features, and inproving theSD9 dor the future

If they ever decide to sell an SD9 module i am sold...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/29/17 06:31 AM

AJ, I too have been reading the manual and wow! One suggestion. Many of the manual parts really need a very good "how to" video. Also, so far the youtube videos I have found need to be redone in English and other languages.

Just my opinion,
Deane

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 07/29/17 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By hammer
AJ, I too have been reading the manual and wow! One suggestion. Many of the manual parts really need a very good "how to" video. Also, so far the youtube videos I have found need to be redone in English and other languages.

Just my opinion,
Deane

On top of that, most of the italian how to video's are below average quallity..

I rmemeber all the how to video' s AJ made for the SD7 amd Ketron, i hope to see more of those.

There should also be some fresh demo video's, they video's of KetronUK are well played and very good, but they are very limited in musical style, Ketron seems to aim to pull people of the Tyros bandwagon. But the SD9 is much more then just an arranger, if promoted in the right way.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/02/17 02:10 PM

Now after a several gigs with the SD9 on a big PA system,i found some things,

1.The balance(volume) between the styles and the right voices,the styles are way to loud or the presetvoices are to silent.
2.The styles have not the same volume,some to hard,other to soft
3.The presetvoices exact the same,some are way to soft.
4.When playing,the midisettings freeze,turn of the Sd9 and it's back.
5.Untiil now 2times freeze(worst nightmare of a musician)
6.The Sd9,Bass group,in vieuw i must turn it 50% down,way to hard,example babybass(very deep)120 volume back to 60 and so on with all the basses.
6.When reg button is on,the data wheel does not work,turn of the reg button and the wheel is responding.
7.Edit disk,delete/copy/past,after severel times touching the screen it finaly works,sometimes i must turn of the Sd9 and on,and it works.
8.Eq,the high freq only to 5880hz?
When you play at home with headphone it's oke,but when you hook it on a big PA system,totaly out of balance.(Bass 50/60/80 hz,
High,i will hear 8 to 12 khz and mix,is not present)

So now it is at home and i try to find a balance between the styles and voices and hopely find a mix between the volumes.

So Ketron,LOOK AT THE BALANCE BETWEEN THE STYLES/VOICES

It's a little bit frustrating constantly go back in the vieuw and change the volume between voices/bass/etc.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/02/17 10:05 PM

Oh no!!!

Most will grab this info and once again run away with it. I am AMAZED at how little attention the SD9 gets on the main forum and this will not help at all.

Here we go again... Ketron, why do you keep on shooting yourself in the foot like this? You produce such AMAZING products - but you have such a bad reputation...

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/03/17 02:28 AM

1.The balance(volume) between the styles and the right voices,the styles are way to loud or the presetvoices are to silent.
6.The Sd9,Bass group,in vieuw i must turn it 50% down,way to hard,example babybass(very deep)120 volume back to 60 and so on with all the basses.
6.When reg button is on,the data wheel does not work,turn of the reg button and the wheel is responding.
7.Edit disk,delete/copy/past,after severel times touching the screen it finaly works,sometimes i must turn of the Sd9 and on,and it works.
When you play at home with headphone it's oke,but when you hook it on a big PA system,totaly out of balance.(Bass 50/60/80 hz,

So now it is at home and i try to find a balance between the styles and voices and hopely find a mix between the volumes.

It's a little bit frustrating constantly go back in the vieuw and change the volume between voices/bass/etc.

Thats a risk when buying a newly released product, not just Ketron, but any company.. i myself allways wait atleast 6 months before buying a new product after its release.. i even did so with the Tyros5.

Make sure the AJ knows about these bugs, he has a direct line to Ketron Italy

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/03/17 06:33 AM

I know there have been OS issues with various Ketron products. I often wonder what the user is doing to create the problem. For instance, when I got my SD7 I started downloading and auditioning legacy styles from various sites. Many of these styles had been converted from other keyboards like Korg, Tecnics or Yamaha. About 10% of these styles would freeze up my SD7 while I auditioned them so I deleted them and moved on. That said, not a single factory style has ever caused any issues at all. I also found a few midi files that would cause a problem but not all of them. So far I have found no MP3 files that were a problem.

However, I have agree about the balance of sounds in styles. Ketron does a horrible job at determining correct sound balance.

Deane

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/03/17 10:10 AM

Friends,

Due to the nature and fact that sound can be very subjective, the balance between voices within a style and the entire style versus lead/right voices doesn't really have a fixed answer/solution.

When AUDYA was released, we at KETRON USA felt exactly the same way (to some extent like AudyaPlayer below) and this (along with other factors) gave birth to the AJAMSONIC development. Those who have purchased the KETRON SD9 PRO AJAMSONIC version won't have to worry about these reported balance differences and others because they will already be taken care of prior to shipping to our customers (hence the slight delay our USA customers will encounter on SD9 Pro deliveries once we get them here at the lab), as we go through each unit (as we did with previous products) before shipping.

Going through each style and voice is a very meticulous process we at AJAM don't think our customers have to go through such, so we do it for them as has been the case on all our previous product and hence the satisfactory results our customers have grown to love and appreciate and share with many on this forum and others too. Deane (for an example) has a KETRON SD7 AJAMSONIC keyboard (make that 2). Compare this to a standard SD7 and he can tell you it is night and day (and so can many others on this and other social media outlets).

Having said that - the style and voice balance levels from KETRON ITALY are what KETRON ITALY see as standard. The style and voice balance level from KETRON USA/AJAM are what we see as standard (which is why we do not alter the factory settings but create ours in user location for customers who will prefer one or the other ... or both depending on what type of gig they are performing at). Regardless of who balances a style or voice, there will be end users who will still have the need to further balance and tweak them ... hence the provision of such tools directly on the SD9 Pro.

Another area of debate could be the 4 lead voices assigned to styles. At AJAM, we re-voice these to suit the style based on popular tunes such a style was used in. E.g. A Big Band style would have lead voices such as Piano, Vibes, Strings and Sax because these are the 'famous' solo voices used for such style of music ... and not Elec Piano, Banjo ... etc as maybe the preference set by the factory. Again, remember, you have both options to choose from with the AJAMSONIC upgrade installed in your unit.

FRANK (@ AUDIOWORKS) currently has an SD9 Pro on display. Feel free to contact him and ask if he is experiencing these same issues listed below. This unit has the latest OS 1.2 (AudyaPlayer ... please make sure you update your SD9 Pro to the latest OS now on the Ketron Website since a few sounds and styles were further tweaked & balanced in this OS release based on some of our observations and recommendations here at KETRON USA)!

Hope although rather lengthy, this explains some of the points raised below?

Thanks,

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/03/17 12:59 PM

Thanks AJ for your answer,yes i had your Ajamsonic in my Audya and the problem was solved,everything was nice in balance,
It was a long day but i think my SD9 is now better in balance,for who has one,the styles are going to 63 in volume,example EDM1 turnes down from 58 to 40,no right voice could you hear with it,and so i have about 70 regs,and all be repared now with 4 right voices to style,also repared(volume issues)Ketron has on the 4 rightvoices at number one always the romantic piano,and yes that's your own choice what you will hear on these settings.
But my friends,on headphone you can listen and it sounds pretty good,but once again,do not mix on a headphone when you play for large crowds,200/1000 people,you hook it on a big PA system,than you got a problem,balance/eq/bass.
But overall i love this Key,it's sounds so live thrue the speakers,and yes i know,there are coming lot's of updates from Ketron,always bin so with all other keys from them.
AJ,i know your AJAMSONIC SSD for the Sd9 makes it complete,nice in balance,bring it fast on the market,
This weekend ,different locations,i'm curious how it's sounds.

Posted by: Rule

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/17/17 09:28 AM

Hello, I have new SD9 and I have problem with transfering my styles from Audya to sd9, and it is:
- most styles does not have endings at all
- in some styles there is no drums when playing minor chords
I realise that grooves are in disposition from Audya vs sd9
Any idea how to solve this, thanks

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/17/17 10:53 AM

I would contact AJ and find out if any of the Audya styles can not be converted to the
SD9 Pro format. Other than that I would try to convert them again and see what happens.

Deane
Posted by: Rule

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 08/18/17 06:28 AM

Also, if I have some groove in style (Dance1) so there is kick and hihat, when I go to ending, there is no that groove because of length of bars. How to setup that groove to go throu 3 or 4 or 5 or any bars.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/26/17 03:41 AM

There is an big update coming soon with many fix and many improvements.

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/26/17 05:14 AM

There is an big update coming soon with many fix and many improvements.

wow it is Audya all over again
I prefer to wait and see I do not trust ketron

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/26/17 07:12 AM

I play now the SD9 several weeks,no problem at all,no freezing since the 1.01 update,i send my findings directly to Ketron and yes my friends,they do answer my mail and ask me also what they can do to improve the SD9 for the next update.It's so much better than the Audya,fast,stereo and pressure,sound,touchscreen is superb(the SD7 screen is good but this screen is much better)

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/26/17 11:58 AM

Audyaplayer,
Like you I too had zero problems with my Ketron keyboard. I have had the
SD7 for two years now - gig with it almost daily and have not once had any
issues with it.

Deane

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/27/17 11:50 PM

I play now the SD9 several weeks,no problem at all,no freezing since the 1.01 update,i send my findings directly to Ketron and yes my friends,they do answer my mail and ask me also what they can do to improve the SD9 for the next update.It's so much better than the Audya,fast,stereo and pressure,sound,touchscreen is superb(the SD7 screen is good but this screen is much better)

My problem is My playing style It requires samples of anything like drums and sounds and in the AUDYA it was very hard to get what in need i play turkis and etnic styles so the SD9 needs a lot of work Do you use samples ?
I think I'm going to wait to see what happens in Turkey

Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro - 09/28/17 07:22 AM

Hi Speed,
No, I do not use samples. Basically all I need an arranger to do is play great styles and have true sounding RH voices. I do edit sounds and alter styles but that is about as far as I go. My needs are pretty simple. I think a lot of the issues with most keyboards we hear about are due to owners trying to do things the keyboard is not meant to do. But that is just my opinion.

Deane