Top of the morning to everyone - it's now 3.26am so i should be in bed - just finished working on me website thought i'd take a sneaky peaky ...

re bland styles - you could look at it that way - the variation 1 especially is very uncomplicated Roland starts with a basic pattern - it might for instance be a strumming guitar only ! that goes for the intro to on that variation - might be for instance just 1 beat variation 4 - is the full 8 parts in many cases . One thing i found is the balance knob needs to my ears tuning below mid way to have more arranger and less of keyboard - else the keyboard is too much in ya face . I am finding the styles to my liking in many cases - it is pretty hard to find the right style but once found i like the build up from var 1 up to 4 .

Re 6 fill ins - seems to be 4 as follow

fillin 1 activated twice - on variation1 hit multiple times and also on go up from variation 1 to variation2

same rule for fillins 2-4

the other 2 fillins - you asked !

one is going down from variation 2 to variation 1 the other i think was going down from variation 4 to 3

The fillins do seem to work pretty well .

There are btw as you say 4 intros endings you can also do a rit on any ending (slows the ending pattern down ) and as with technics they do different intro endings depending on whether chord is a minor or major - but only on variation 4 i think .

The music assistant has names that are meaningful in many cases - or though some draw a blank with me - but probably because i'm not that knowledgable - eg: A whiter shade of pale is something like - can't remember of hand but it is logical something like 'whiter shade pale' or similar - that can usually be located using the alphabetical search

Re vocal harmoniser - i don't date use it my vocals are best kept for in the bath - i have tried it - it can make you / me sound like i'm down a well or also like pinky and perky - but as for any good - i have no idea

I am off to get some shut eye now before dawn breaks and it gets too light to sleep !

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 03-21-2005).]