Hi All

Have just read this thread and some have asked for a review - here goes - i have now had the keyboard since Friday - and played it non stop . The keyboard sounds are imho very good - the guitars are more realistic than KN7K both acoustic and electric - the piano is the best i've ever heard on a keyboard . The memory i thought was a bit stingy at 50MB but it appears to be ample for what i need anyway - storing registrations . Roland offers 3 year guarantee which is good too . The keyboard action is semi weighted (76) . It ticks all my boxes . There is only 1 theatre organ preset on it - this is one thing that technics has more of . I like the way that things have been organised on this keyboard - i have used the Music assistant to find a performance setup for a few of my songs - this sets the style and voices tempo etc which can be changed and stored to registration memories - similar to KN7000 . The other way of setting up for a particular song is to suck it and see - try a style then press the one touch setup . When things such as instrument voicings tempos and part balances have been set the resulting sound is very good . There are lots of good pop (50s 60s 70s 80s 90s) and jazz aswell as old fashioned ballroom styles although i am having trouble finding show music - i think the KN7000 style categories were laid out better and perhaps were more diverse , but i might be wrong as there are tons of styles i have yet to try - i like the way the variations on the G70 build up from a basic pattern - seems more how music progresses . To sum up my first impressions : i am happy with the exchange - now can Roland please pay me for writing this review !!

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 03-05-2005).]