Originally Posted By: zuki
I've said all along, with a few others here, that the PA series is an incredible board. Some of the downloaded styles I've gotten around to are just downright beautiful. Not only the sounds and styles and editing features, but this board allows soooo much for imagination.

Are you getting a microArranger, Jim?

Why wasn't the PA-50SD received with the same enthusiasm...did Korg have to get the price so low that somebody would try it, but in another form?

I don't remember the PA-50SD discussed here on SZ with nearly as much praise, and the microArranger is the same instrument...with the modification to a smaller footprint and tiny keys and a much cheaper price.

The PA-800 was not even close to this type of buyer frenzy, nor did it receive as great a standard of review, except perhaps by you and Uncle Dave.

Perhaps people do sometimes buy solely on price, or maybe it took that kind of packaging to make people try and then appreciate what Korg has been offering all along.

I think the micro is a hell of an instrument for those who don't mind the small keys.

Ian