Scott,

"Normal" to me means the size keys on my Tyros, PSR, or perhaps the keys on a PA3X, G-70, Prelude, P-85 piano, Wurlitzer EP-200, Fender Rhodes, Hammond organ...that size.

They don't have to be exactly the same size...relatively close is fine...I can live with that no problem...I also don't have a problem with non-weighted vs semi-weighted vs weighted actions.

Mini keys, on the other hand, feel totally wrong to my fingers...especially when playing piano type music and chords.

I'm glad there are those who can adapt to small keys...I'm not one of them....I can play them, but I don't enjoy it.

I can deal with my Yamaha CS-01 synth (which has mini keys), because it is monophonic, and I don't need to play chords.

I'm certainly not trying to make anyone stick with standard sized keys, but, I'm not one who will ever be converted to playing on mini keys either. I never liked playing Yamaha's PSS series of arrangers (which had similar keys as micro), so it is not a brand thing, by any means, and it's not like I have not had any experience using them.

They just feel wrong to me...I truly enjoy playing the keyboard on my Tyros4, and I also enjoy standard weighted actions as on the available digital pianos, but, I'm not a candidate for those little toy like keys as on the microArranger and others like it.

I can't imagine classical players, or jazz musicians playing on mini keys, and I doubt if this type of keyboard will be the "norm" in the future, but it seems to work for some applications.

Ian