Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
Ian,

Why is it that every keyboard "Yamaha" makes is great in your world? I wonder if the fact you work for Yamaha has anything to do with it? Your credibility is weak because of your failure to show any type of objectivity towards Yamaha products. This isn't Candyland and everything Yamaha makes is not "perfect", far from it! It seems you live in a world with blinders on when it comes to Yamaha products.

So the Tyros 3 has 9 tiny sliders, BFD. It looks nearly identical to the Tyros 2 with the addition of some sliders and a few button changes. I almost forgot, they smoothed the corners of the case out, how impressive! I see no groundbreaking technology within the T3, its styling, or sound demo's so what's so impressive? If the Tyros 3 was made by Roland, Korg, Ketron, Wersi, or even Casio I'll bet you wouldn't be impressed at all. Without the big "Y" on the front its simply not worth touting in Ian Land.

Perhaps instead of "Ian the Excited" it should be "Ian the Yamaha whore"? What you are doing is certainly pandering. I've sold high end pro audio gear and at least when my clients asked me about products I let them know the pitfalls and the positives of each product and I didn't try to hawk anything just to sell a particular brand or product. To stand up on a soapbox and proclaim everything Yamaha makes caters to everyone is simply ridiculous and shows a complete lack of integrity on your part.

I think Thats an unfair conclusion. I sell Yamaha keyboards and can buy them at cost and chose the Korg Pa2x. I always and still believe Yamaha has the best acoustic voices and a more polished song/style sound. I ended up chosing the Korg because it had more features as a work station and the 76 keys, I was never enamored with the sounds compared to Yamaha but did like the styles.however aftermarket styles for the Yamaha are far more plentiful and support is amazing as well.

But after a few months and a lot of manual digging, I decided for me in the end it was all about the sounds and since I use it for recording the polished sound helps in the mastering process. The Korg is deep and full of features and has a nice live sound. I await the T3.

The T3 may give us the guitar sequencer Im sure to miss. We have a couple of very heavy Roland RDs so having 61 keys is not an issue just a minor inconvenience when performing out until a very light Casio Privia solved that issue.

The Yamaha is simpler to learn and use as well for me. I mess with it at the store everyday. I was buried in the Korg manual more than the creation of music. I really wanted to love the PA2x. But even after being given some major guidance on it at NAMM in Nashville in the end its about the sounds, And Yamaha knows how to sample their own instruments and is the only company that even makes pianos and most the acoustic instruments they sample.

It's entirely fair to pump up what one sells and credibility does not suffer when one believes in a product enough to be SUCCESSFUL selling it. Who can sell something they do not like themselves? I told my customers I bought a Korg and why. But I also told them with the sounds I used the most I preferred Yamaha. As far as a workstation the Korg wins hands down.

I have high hopes for the T 3, I don't think I will be disappointed. While I wait I'm borrowing a PSR900 from the store. Since we have since become Korg dealers I may even pick up a PA800 to go along with the Tyros 3 to fill in some of the holes for live use, if there are any.

IF the gap from the T2 to the t3 is akin to the gap between the 3000 and 900 I am sure I won't be dissapointed.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA