Diki,

I'm not being paid to promote an instrument or specific manufacturer nor is it my job to convince you to buy a specific brand. Also, there's a huge difference between me being "objective" and someone like Ian who can't be objective because he's on Yamaha's payroll.

I use and play my Wersi and other instruments but not as often as I'd like. Medical reasons have diminished my motor skills over the years so playing daily is no longer an option for me.

I wasn't aware I've never said anything negative about the Wersi but I can assure you if that's the case then its been because I haven't had reason to. Are there things I'd like to see on the Wersi that aren't there? Sure! But I'm being unrealistic as the things I'd want few if any people would ever use i.e. 6 upper parts, 4 lower parts, 4 bass parts, and at least 12 stereo FX that could be used at once. I like to do large textural compositions and having that many parts at once would allow me to play in real time with no tracking needed. The other thing I'd like to see is an audio expansion card that gives me at least 48 audio outputs so I could mix my music directly from the Wersi on my large format mixing console. A card that allowed multiple FX sends and returns (at least 12 stereo) so I could use my high end outboard gear in conjunction with the Wersi FX would be fantastic. Is this realistic? Hell no! I'd probably be one of only a handful that would want or use those features let alone be willing to pay for them. In this forum people cry over spending $1500 on a plastic arranger and there aren't many who'd spend $3K let alone $10K on an arranger/workstation. Abacus, I, and a few select others don't run with the masses but what we've purchased certainly allows us to do things other arrangers can't.

The Wersi does offer more than any other arranger or workstation I've owned or used, bar none. Of course you don't know that because without seeing one in person you can't understand all the possibilities it offers or its true sound.

If I were given a choice to use a laptop running numerous VST's or a Wersi, I'd take the Wersi every time. The manner in which Wersi has integrated the software and hardware is what sets the instrument apart. Lionstracs is catching up and once they increase the factory sound library on the Mediastation, it will be a serious contender for the Wersi. Until that happens I'll stick with the Wersi.

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 08-26-2008).]