Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I thought it was amusing to hear Ensnoreyou (our resident Wersi 'expert') describe Ian as a 'whore' for evangelizing Yamaha while actually being in their pay. So what do you call someone that whores for a company and gets NO pay for it..?

Oh, yes... a SLUT

It's also amusing to consider what the chances of Ensnoreyou becoming silent about Wersi, were he actually to get a demoist position with the company. Slim, and none would be my guess...

But it's always more fun to dish it out than think for a second about what WE would do in the other's shoes. I am still waiting for him to make that 1600 mile trip to come and play MY G70 (that sounds MUCH better than any posted demo)...

Diki,

You'd be seriously wrong in your conjecture. Even if Wersi were to hire me as a clinician I'd speak my mind about any flaws the product had and I'd never be stuck commenting on only one brand as if it were a panacea. If the company felt they didn't want my honest opinion in the first place, then I'd not work for them. Unlike Ian who is paid by Yamaha and only praises them, I could never take that stance. Ian's opinions are as biased as they come and his bias is heavily swayed by the fact he's being compensated by Yamaha, make no bones about that. Would you give much weight to a keyboard review if you knew the company paid the reviewer to only speak praise of their instrument? I'll bet not.

Contrary to what you state I don't whore myself out for Wersi or any other company for that matter. I also don't consider myself a Wersi expert and I'm sure "Abacus aka Bill" would be a much better person to call an expert. I merely state my opinions based upon actually using a product (Wersi included), not hearing it online and professing to be an expert on it. Too many people in this forum seem to review products although they have never actually laid a hand on the product. I'm not sure how that's even possible but for some playing the instrument isn't important.

I appreciate your offer but I don't need to make a 1600 mile trek to see a G70 in person, I have played with a G70 several times at both trade shows and at local music stores. Yes it does sound better in person if that matters, most instruments usually do. I already have several Roland rack modules (XV5080's, JD990's, etc) using numerous SRX expansion cards that offer me more variations in sound than the G70 can so buying one wasn't an option for me. The G70 is built in usual Roland tank like fashion which I really appreciate and I am a fan of Roland's sound and always have been. I don't much care for Roland's lower end lines because they use cheaper AD/DA's that muck up the sound but their professional products are first rate. The G70 is definitely a pro product.