Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The PSR-9000 Pro didn't sell well.

No more risk taking until the market proves itself.

That's easy to understand, ain't it?

Ian

As has been said innumerable times, Ian (only YOU seem to not get this, or do you simply stick your fingers in your ears and go 'La la la laaa laaa' when an inconvenient FACT upsets your dogma?) the 9000Pro failed because it was a dog. It had NOTHING to do with the number of keys. It was simply a poorly conceived, badly executed, unfixed (at least Roland make good on poor initial OSs) embarrassment to the 'infallible' Yamaha.

I expect you are sweating bullets about Yamaha's future, just in case they make a poorly received 61. Apparently, that will 'prove' to Yamaha that they should never make 61's again, either!

Or MAYBE they'll simply go 'it failed because it was a dog, not because it has 61 keys'. You can only hope...

And, BTW, still no explanation from you as to how in the world the 'infallible' Yamaha could have a) produced such a dog, and b) got their market research SO wrong (if you assume that they have it right now).

It's always hard when we grow up and realize our heroes are simple mortals like the rest of us... They HAVE made mistakes in the past, therefore they CAN make mistakes now.

I rest my case.