Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
There's nothing wrong with better sounds...that's a win-win situation, and Yamaha's tradition of coming up with stellar sounds has not diminished one iota over the years.

The next generation SA will no doubt give the players big smiles and the competitors big ulcers.

Ian

I wish Yamaha had the same confidence as you in the sounds and styles like you do.
So let me get this straight.

Yamaha plays around and make changes to the heart of their TOTL arranger (new “SA voices” taking a big risk) that’s OK. But to refuse to implement something that has no effect on the TOTL market they currently have is sound business sense?

Look guise, the reason why the Yamaha apologist have a hard time with explaining themselves is that they seem to ignore one of the most important things. The reason why Yamaha TOTL arrangers are successful and can make a profit is not because of the 61 v. 76 key argument. It is because of the sounds styles (third party styles) and OS. If the T2 were 76 keys that would not have negatively impacted the success of the T2. Did you ever hear a person say the reason why I bought the T2 was because it did not have 76 keys? But you have heard person say I did not buy a T2 because it does not have 76 keys.

To underscore the point, Yamaha changed the keyfeel in the T2 from what was in the T1. Did you hear any one say I will not buy the T2 because of the change in keyfeel from the T1. Get it? The number of keys, the keyfeel and keybed is not a major factor for Yamaha arrangers its all about sounds styles and OS. So having a 76 key TOTL Yamaha arranger would only increase the success and profit for the Yamaha arranger.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 03-28-2008).]