For me, I have become so accustomed to performing with 61 keys, and my little finger of my left hand touching the left edge of the keyboard that having 76 keys would now hamper my playing ability. Sure, I could eventually get used to having 76 keys, but it would take quite a while. 61 keys provides me with all the range I need for any instrument (voice) and I'm very comfortable with the key configuration.

One of the primary reasons I posted the poll was to allow forum members to post their preference without a lot of explanations--just a number says it all.

I sincerely believe that if Yamaha produced a 76 key arranger they would pick up a few sales, but die-hard Korg, Roland, Gem and other fans would not switch for any reason--61, 76 or even 88 keys. Keep in mind that at least one forum member kept his old G-1000 so long that it grew mold and took on an alien life form. Some folks will not change brands, no matter what.

The poll has been very interesting, and in addition to showing that the split is still about 50/50 it also portrays the number of active members here. Granted, it does not show the number of lurkers that never post anything at all, but it seems to be representative of the number of pros that frequent the Synthzone's General Arranger Keyboard Forum. And, as a percentage of the total keyboard sales, I suspect it's a tiny fraction of the total market.

Thanks everyone for participating,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)