Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Actually, I DO believe, for better or worse, that we DO represent the market, at least the portion of the market that has any opinion at all (where do the 'rest of the market' post?).

At least it spares Ian from the embarrassment of me detailing exhaustively (like I have for Roland) all the flaws in THEIR OS as well..

Trust me, I would find them!

Well, I DON'T agree that SZ does represent the market...and I can tell that you don't seem to grasp the basic principals of good business....but that's okay,...I still respect your opinions even if they are wrong.

Yamaha has the easiest to use OS, and that is only part of their success...the rest is because of their brilliant marketing.

AND...we must not forget the the excellent third party support...it is light years ahead of the competitors.

Roland arranger sales have been dismal...according to salespeople it is because they aren't user friendly out of the box, and the OS is considered tough to navigate...critical flaws in my opinion...and exacerbated by Roland's inability and/or lack of interest in correcting them.

Two of the prominent G-70 OS blunders; the ACC cutting off on Chord Type changes; the Style EQ values not getting recorded in the Sequencer and Recorder, still have not been addressed in spite of insistent complaints on Roland Arranger forum by you and others.

IF Yamaha has any OS flaws, they aren't in any way interfering with the target user's enjoyment, something I can personally attest to from doing many clinics.

Roland's only hope is to bring out a TOTL arranger that can successfully compete with Yamaha and Korg...and potential customers should also hope the glaring OS problems associated with the G70 are fixed so that they don't turn up in the next G-series.

BTW...the rest of the market post on the manufacturer's user forums....these provide a much better and more accurate indication of how an instrument is received.

Ian