Fran,

When I spoke to the Roland tech support complaining about the OTS button on my G70 forcing single-finger chord recognition on me, the support person said that the G70 is mainly intended for the home users, who would typically use single-finger chords the most. I replied to that that their promo materials tout the board as the high=end professional instrument. The Roland guy did not reply to my statement, but after listening to my arguments about the fact that "memory" is supposed to recall only what it stores, he reluctantly said that he would file a report with Roland Italy, and my concern may or may not be addressed. So, even in Roland't thinking just because something is big and heavy, it does not automatically become a pro-quality instrument.

You said, shipped three times... Out of curiosity, how many times a month do you take your instrument to gigs? A professional instrument should withstand years of rigors of being moved to and from gigs without losing knobs or sliders. My G70 is practically new (I have not gigged with it yet), but I too am not feeling too comfy about the feel of the sliders and knobs.

I believe that the G70 still has the best keyboard bed out there, but the rest of it begs to stay home, rather than be taken to gigs.

Regards