O.K. You win.
Nothing is as bad as Yamaha and nothing is as good as Roland.
No matter what. Build quality, sounds, styles, songs, key feel, price, vocals, harmonizer, available peer support, on-line forums.
Who needs multipads anyway? Who needs a break/fill button? I don't REALLY mind having to remember which two buttons to press for the ending I want. And I don't REALLY mind lifting 50 pounds every night. I don't REALLY need lyrics function for use with syles. I have a laptop. And a pretty good memory.
I don't REALLY need a hard-disk recorder built-in. I can use the computer or extra hardware. I don't REALLY need a really large adjustable screen, I can wear glasses.
I don't REALLY mind the one-touch settings resetting the keyboard mode to "beginner" every time I touch one.
I don't really need any of this, but some of them are nice to have anyway.

Yamahas are mostly plastic, but I've never had one leave me stranded in 20 years, so I no longer even keep a backup. Ketron never went out, but I was always afraid it would.
The G70 has locked up and had to be rebooted three times, all while I was in the middle of saving things to User Programs. But I don't REALLY mind doing it all over again, because I know that Roland is infallible. It must be something I'm doing wrong. I just hope it doesn't happen on the job while I'm using it.

I like many things about both lines, and dislike a few things about both lines, and have so stated, but obviously certain people don't want to hear my opinions, all coming from real-life experience, so for God's sake quit reading them. It's for sure I don't pay much attention to anyone else's opinions after I have used the kb in question myself.

This wonderful forum is wearing me out. I seem to be sinking to the level of "mine's better than your's". However that can't be true because I don't even own an arranger right now. ALL the mid and top-end arrangers are wonderful. None are perfect. None are terrible.

It's time for a short break.
DonM