Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
I mean Windows try to be a thing for all people

Yes, and that's IMHO generally the reason why it won't work right (enough) for a special thing (for example like music).

Look, a synth is a sound machine built of electronical parts which were made for making sounds and their surroundings only, so this works (normally) perfect.

Instead of this a PC was made for simply all you want to do with it (it's called 'multi media'). You have a base machine which allows you to do with it nearly all you need. But, if you want to do a special thing with a PC you have to buy much extra elements like special cards, more RAM, more disc space, more of this and more of that. But do it work right then? No! You simply need the required drivers at first...and please, take care of it! Did you pay attention to the mother board's chip set? ...and so on...and so on...

I will reveal a 2nd secret for all of you who didn't know it: A further reason why I'm still using my 'old' Falcon is that it owns standardized MIDI in and out/thru plugs. Both plugs are controlled via the MFP chip which gives this computer an extra MIDI interrupt - not a translated PCI or USB interrupt like the PC does it.
Also my Falcon owns a 32 bit DSP chip which don't let me miss any modern audio cards. The eight channel analog device made by Soundpool (Germany) do afford its part for this pleasure.
I would change my system if I could find any adequate modern system viewing the performance in relationship to the payment. Remember the Atari ST was the first computer with 1 MB RAM under 1,000 $US...the Falcon was the next hammer under 1,000 $US...and they are all still working...

Well, I guess I've said enough about this thematic. I would be very glad if at least some of you would think about those arguments a little bit longer than 5 seconds. Thank you very much.

Have a nice day, guys!
I go 'playing' with my Falcon...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-20-2005).]