Hi Sherriff,
I had an Atari ST 1040 running Notator that I bought in about 1987, ( it must have been switched on for an average of 6 hours a day, I was hardly ever off it) it was still working when I gave it away a couple of years. It had been put in an open cardboard box and left collecting dust for a couple of years in the garage ( prior to me giving it away, but it was still working perfectly ).

Still miss it every now & again.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
I'm using my Falcon 030 since 1994!!! That's half the time I'm playing guitar now. At half the time of the running Falcon (since 1999) I saw more dieing PCs than the count of other computer systems I had and have ever worked with.

There's no support for it anymore but nevertheless I'm still using Cubase Audio. So why? It simply never crashed and it has more than enough features for working in studio or similar in live acts. And the audio quality is still sufficient.
Imagine! ELEVEN YEARS!!! Long live the Falcon!!!

That's what I call a "stabil system"!!!
The most PCs I saw stopped running not later than two years. The longest life of one PC I lived to see was my old PC80286@12MHz which ran about 8 years before he died. This was never reached by any further PC system I bought after that.

Are these arguments good enough for you, men? If not so tell it me because I have really some more arguments...

Nevertheless I hope you will have the same luck with your PC system like I have with my Falcon!!!

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 04-19-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022