Quote:
Originally posted by mr82thebar:
I'm sure that the Geneyses is a great keyboard. The fact that we cannot find any at many dealerships in the States is a minus, plus who fixes the keyboard when it conks out?. Also, who pays for the hernia operation after carrying this thing around to gigs? Just a thought. Bob L

Since Generalmusic USA took over the North American distribution of all GEM products several years ago, many new GEM dealers have come on board. A large number of these dealers focus on our home products, I.E. RP700, RP800 and Genesys Ensemble, but many of these dealers also stock the Genesys w/speakers. This is the same instrument as the Genesys Pro but with internal amplification. So putting you hands on a Genesys is not necessarily that hard.

As for service, we have service centers all over the US. In most cases, these are the SAME service centers that supply service to all of the other brands as well!

The Genesys Pro S is 41 lbs. “?” I suppose if we made the case out of plastic, took the lead weights out of the full size keys, removed the CD burner and internal hard drive, and maybe replaced the floppy disk drive with an SD card reader…………… on second thought, I think we’ll just leave it as is.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 08-28-2005).]