I disagree that the price is to high for the US market. A Hammond xk3/b3 setup is over $7500.00 plus another $2500.00 for the 122.

I believe that Yamaha has done a real diservice to the arranger market by representing Tyros as a professional "flagship" arranger keyboard. Each of those terms conotate or imply specific things, none of which with the exception of the Tyros panel voices, my Tyros is.

If it were truly what they say it is, I believe many more professional musicians would have one. The limitaions imposed by Tyros midi impementation, external voice data recall, totally inadequate sequencer, woefully inadequate audio outs/digital outs and toy undersized keybed are just a few of the things that come to mind off the top of my head. I hesitate to mention the on board harmonizer that was found to be faulty by "3" people around the world (as stated by a high level Yamaha rep on a forum).

It did not take me but just a very little while to realize that I was misled by the "flagship" and professional hype.

If Yamaha needed to charge $5000.00, $7000.00 or more, it would not and should not matter. I believe this would be of no consequence to a professional musician seeking or requiring the highest grade instument or tool. Especially coming from a company of Yamaha's(in my mind previous) stature or staus. I really don't know about you guys, but I paid $3500.00 for my used B3 way back in 1974 and $900.00 for the Leslie. $1000.00 for the Clavinet in 74 and I forget how much for the used Rhodes. Back in those days I was making a whole $25.00 a night. People need to get real regarding prices for "PROFESSIONAL INSTRUMENTS.

Yamaha has totally just muddied the waters with Tyros. A wedge has been driven between many buyers that fully expected it to be what they (Yamaha) said it was and many that feel it is. Yes, for sure the home entertainers love it probably because most are totally unaware of many of the higher level technical limitations, and, some giging musicians have discovered some of them (discrepancies) but stuck it out and learned to accept many of Tyros shortcomings. Some have tried real hard to use it as a studio tool and have had too look elsewhere. I don't need a sales person or some company technical rep to tell me how good it is after I have already bought it. I am a freakin musician that has spent a lifetime doing technical things. I sure as heck don't need Michael Vocken to demonstrate it. I'll spend weeks alone with it and figure out for myself whether it is up to snuff. I for one am sick and tired of all the defense of Tyros by it's loyal "users". IMO Yamaha has disappeared because Tyros is history.

Without doubt the live music scene changed completely in the US in the late 80s', mainly in my opinon, because of mothers against drunk driving and the laws they helped enact, cops sitting down the street form bars waiting for them to close and late night road blocks. The public became terrified about driving after even a few drinks. Bars could know longer afford to bring in popular local bands. Todays kids are out there playing their music for pass the hat because they don't know any better or have never known any different. Well the hell with that. It should be no problem at all for a good solo entertainer to earn 200 to 300 per night, which is much less than the 400 to 1000 that bands in my the Virginia Beach area area need. Besides, solo entertainers hold and involve the crowd much more than many (part time)bands, at least that is my experience, having seen it from both sides. And I have not even mentioned the home studio explosion with tens of thousands working alone in their studio.

I really believe that if if some company really were to build a truly "Professional" "ARRANGERS" KEYBOARD; selling them to Musicians in the US would be the least of their problems.

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 08-27-2005).]