I've run into that same brick wall that Pianodano has in the studio. The Tyros may very well be a "professional" OMB "entertainer's" keyboard but it certainly is NOT a "professional" studio keyboard.

You can't even turn off "Local" with a toggle that stays off or on until you go turn it the other way. You have to go into a screen and turn off seven things with button pushes and if you leave that screen they immediately go back on! You can save it as a user template but then you have to call it up from the Tyros and not the software sequencer. If you try to call up the panel voices from a computer sequencer you don't get the DSP included with the voice! Obviously there was absolutely NO thought given to the possibility of using the Tyros in a recording studio other than for recording audio out of the stereo ports and that possibility was simply built in and not thought out as such.

I've pretty much decided to change direction. I'll keep the Tyros but I won't be buying any new arranger keyboard. Instead I'm going to buy a CME-UF7 controller keyboard with 76 keys and 9 assignable sliders and 8 assignable knobs and then go with the Tyros and Fantom XR module as sound modules and anything else will come as softsynths and VSTi's because my main use is in the studio.

With my outside paying job as a church organist, the church furnishes the organ and I don't have to carry anything around.

In reality I'm moving in a different direction anyway. I've now got GPO and EWQL Silver Orchestra, plus about 4 different books on the art of orchestration and I'm starting to study that with the idea of learning to do serious orchestration mockups so that someday I can orchestra my own work.

I have to admit I'm having a lot of fun learning all this new stuff, along with some temporary frustrations. Now that I've decided to move to Cubase SX-3 from Sonar 4PE that's also settled some things down and now it's "off to follow the yellow brick road", LOL.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better