Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

Also, you can build brand loyalty so the next arranger you make such a person would have been exposed to arranger features for that brand and would be a stronger candidate for buying a full arranger.
For example, I had a friend who had a Korg Triton classic. When the Motif came out he was reluctant to getting another keyboard from another manufacturer. So what he did was he got a motif rac module. He liked the sounds of the Motif rac so much that when the Motif es came out he kept the Triton classic and sold the Motif rac and got the Motif ES 7 and is a very happy person now. Well musically at least.

Yep, Yamaha hasn't done much to keep me as a loyal customer. After my episode with my first PSR2000 and it's major OS problems and painfully slow response from Yamaha, and the experience of seeing some of the Yamaha software products I had purchased become abandonware ( XG works, SYXG100 ), I really wanted to swear off their products.

Unfortunately, when I was looking for a workstation, the Triton Studio didn't quite do it for me, and the Fantom X hadn't been released yet ( I think maybe the S seies was out at the time ). Sooo, I got the Motif ES... and I'm still very happy with it.

Of course, nothing has changed. Yamaha gave us hope of new plug in modules and other great aftermarket products for the Motif series in the works way back when on Motifator, and very little has happened there.

Someday I'll replace or complement my PA80 with a second arranger for live play.... unfortunately, it won't be with the pricy PA1x, and since I'll likely never see a Ketron, Gem, or even Roland board to demo anywhere within a reasonable distance, and I won't buy without trying ... I'll likely have to go the Yamaha route again.... sigh

AJ