The thing is, Donny, have you ever taken a week and said to yourself, this week I am going to learn about voice programming? I am not going to learn any new tunes, I am not going to tweak any styles, I am just going to concentrate on this one thing for at least a week.

Be methodical, sort out WHAT you want to learn an go about it in a methodical way. Lessons, when you were a kid, forced you into not being a gadfly, and concentrating on one task. That level of focus, even at a more elderly age level, will get you anywhere you want to go.

Find someone with good programming skills to SHOW you how to program. No DVD is going to have the ability to respond to YOU, and your learning needs. Go back to the principles that got you your current level of ability, and repeat them. And just be patient.

No-one is an expert after watching a DVD either. It still takes time and practice.

Manufacturers have a hard time determining what level of skill to aim an instructional DVD at. Too easy, and only complete novices will buy it. Too technical, and novices are left out. The capabilities of most TOTL keyboards now are beyond a simple DVD. To fully understand all the capabilities of a MotifXS would take a college course...!

It is FAR better to figure out for yourself what area of programming YOU want to improve first, and then search out the information you need, either on the web, or through a tutor. And then be patient, methodical and focused...