Dnj,
You're proving my point man. There is a definitive line between the traditional arranger player and synth player. For example I know arranger players in their 50's and synth players in their 50's. The synth guys I know in their 50's can run a synth/workstation blindfolded, and know all about sampling, voice editing, midi, you name it. They continuely educated themselves with the release of new technology used in synths.

I used the example of players in their 50's because Diki pointed out as we get older we take a different approach to how we learn, and how much time we want to dedicate to learning something new.

It's not the new technology that's killing people IMO. It's the "crossover" that's the key element here. It's bringing the "arranger" player over into the synth side. It also goes both ways. You have to educate yourself if you choose to take this route. It shouldn't be up to the manufacturer to provide you with all the know-how for this transition.

It's the same thing for a synth player going into arrangers. They need to educate themselves to as to how an arranger functions and operates.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 04-15-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.