JM, thats exactly how I feel. You hit it right on bulls eye. I have the Korg I30. Its an awsome arranger no doubt about it. But, lately, im really getting tired of having to load all kinds of styles via floppy, even though I have the Hard disk installed, it only holds 1 gig which is good enough, but I have to first load it via floppy no matter what. Why? because there is no other way to transfer styles back and forth to my Internal hard disk of the Korg i30.
So I kind of got desperate. And I wanted something else. Now, thats why I asked you guys for ideas and help.
JM, I think and now I know that you feel the exact same way like me. You see, I have a pretty decent pc. I think its powerful enough..Ok here are the specs:
1.4 gig Athlon, 512 megs ram, 40 gig hard disk and 17" monitor. thats about it. I dont have a soundcard except the one built in to the Motherboard, but it works just fine.
Now, My korg I30 I have it connected to the pc via "to Host" connection.
JM, is there a way, that you can program your program, so that it can use the keys of the PC keyboard to call up Intros, variation, fills, etc?
I kind of got really confused about using the actual synth keys for that.
I think both options would be awsome to have.
Also, is there a way that you can make it have more the just two variations. In other words, have the buttons assigned to have at least four variations. More would be awsome, as some songs, need more variations as the song develops, specially when the punch comes in. you know, sometimes towards the end or right before a guitar lead.....
I liked your program, I just couldnt get it to even recognize a single chord from my keyboard. I dont think my keyboard is the problem, I think i just havent configured the program right.
Ok, for example, this is how I have my keyboard configured.
I first go to clock settings. I select "TO host" Which is I guess both input and output of midi.
Now, then I go to midi filter settings and I select everything except Local on. I choose local off.
And thats it.
When I go home, IM going to write down exactly what filter settings i have checked or enabled.

ThNks guys.

MusiKman

Musikman4Christ........