Hello Guys, thank you so much for the awsome input of ideas.
Basically, I understand that some folks love the stand alone arranger synth because of the overall use, but in my thread, basically all I want to know is the different programs out there that will do what Im doing now on my Korg I30 arranger.
Why, not because I dont love arranger keyboards, but because Im thinking of handing down mine to my kid to get him to love music. And, also because I dont do any gigs at all. So the portability issue is not an issue here at all. So please dont make it an issue. I just want your honest opinion and experience, and Im so great full for that.
I dont want to spend so much money on a certain software only to find out that it doesnt do what I need it to do.
Thats why I come to my friends here to ask.

Bluesplayer, Thanks for your input. That is the kind of info that is so useful;I really appreciate that. Im really good at making the melodies and all background tracks, but when I comes to making the Bass track or drum track thats where I suffer.
Sometimes I have some really cool songs I want to make but I cant transfer that song into the sequencer. I try and try and by the time I see that it doesnt work out, I end up losing all my inspiration.
Thats why I love the arranger keyboard, because it makes my inpiration flow. But sometimes once the inspiration flows I need to improvise on some of the stuff laid down by the arranger since it becomes too repetitious. I know you know what I mean. SO thats where I get in trouble becuase, even though I know how to play the Drums and base, its really hard to transfer that knowledge to the sequencer by playing the keys.
Frank, thanks for you advice also. I really appreciate it. I hope I dont irritate anyone. As im trying to find this information only for my own use and not try to say that this is the only way to arrange. I think that everyone has a way and style that works for them. Im just looking into moving foward and learning your ways... So thank you so much for your advice I truly appreciate it.

Bluesplayer, im going to look into the programs you mentioned....
I currently own, VST32 and Cakewalk homestudion 9. I dont have any clue as how to use them, but I wonder if they will also work with the arranger programs. Or do the arranger programs, have their own built in sequencer?
I once read about XG works, but I didnt know if it was an arranger program, or Seq prgm only. Thanks for the info on that.
either way, thanks to all the guys for the input..

Peace to all.

MusiKman

Musikman4Christ........