SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
#382688 - 01/27/14 04:16 AM Owner of MIDJPRO!
danielbordeiu Offline

Loc: Romania
... yes, I am, for almost 7 days by now, the owner of this brilliant hybrid module!
Still working on it, 'cause it's really hard to accomplish what you want without a proper-in detail user manual and with a chopped O.S.
But hey, that's the dark side of Ketron... I got used with it so far, and I took the risk to be one of those lab-rats doing the beta testing work for the italian guys.
So far, I can only tell that is has a great sound, almost 100% usable internal styles, and a really intuitive interface.
I'll soon post some recordings, so you can hear for yourselves.
Unfortunately, the module does not remember yet the proper settings for the newly created registrations, doesn't remember the user edited voices - you'll need to load them at every boot.
There is NO WAY you can acces the RAM memory supposedly hosting some *. ins or *.msp, I presume... and no trace of info about it in the quick guide supplied, as well.
The machine freezes several times a day, when you press some random knobs, and it restarts randomly under moderate editing...
No *.djl support, no SFX inside the machine, no display contrast adjustment, not possible to choose the Audio Drums inside the styles...
The internal styles have *.kst extension, and the module is compatible with the old ketron styles thanks to a converter whis exist inside the machine...
So far, there's much more CONS about the MIDJPRO than PROS.
I hope they'll all be corrected with the next O.S. We need a quick update of it a.s.a.p.
Why did I called it brilliant? Because of it's potential.... I still have faith in Ketron engineers... yet...
Will keep you posted about my new Ketron adventure...

#382691 - 01/27/14 05:18 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
rosetree
Unregistered

How many customers like you does Ketron think to be able to acquire as guinea pigs for their experiments? Actually you are made an unpaid member of their development department...

#382766 - 01/27/14 05:17 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I'm very excited to have this module.
How much you paid for it?

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#382771 - 01/27/14 06:46 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Pro. Keep us posted related to changes and fixes.
Ciao,
Jerry

#382798 - 01/28/14 01:30 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

1950 euros... right from the distributor... it came with the bag, as a bonus.

#382799 - 01/28/14 01:32 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Jerry T]
danielbordeiu Offline

The changes and fixes depend a lot of how fast they'll release an update of the O.S. Cross my fingers for it, hehe...

#382907 - 01/28/14 09:58 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

thanks Daniel.

Questions:
Does the style controls like fill in, variation change, break, start/stop done on the touch screen? if so, how responsive they are?
Can you control volume and mute style parts using the real sliders similar to Audya?
How good is the harmonizer?

Regards

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#382913 - 01/29/14 12:17 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

They're all controllable from the touch screen as well, and the tabs ar very responsive!
Like in Audya, there are 5 physical sliders controlling the DRUMS, BASS, CHORDS, LOWER, and UPPER volumes.
You also have display tabs for MUTING the DRUMS2 and two of the accompaniament tracks in real time.
I haven't tried the harmonizer long enough yet to have a pertinent opinion, but I can tell you about the chord recognition: it's more accurate and refined than Audya.

Edited by danielbordeiu (01/29/14 12:18 AM)

#383051 - 01/29/14 09:31 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Oh wow, that confirms my expectation. It's a game changing module for me. I wonder when it will be available here in the USA.
Please continue to post your reviews.

Thanks

#383899 - 02/05/14 04:49 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

... Short update...
after days and nights of tweaking the module, I still hope that MIDJPRO will be a great instrument!
For now, I keep fighting, though, with the fact that it randomly freezes especially when you try to save the registrations. And with the fact that the registrations don't remember if the module is set to play as Pianist or Bassist or in Manual bass mode, even if you've edited and saved these parameters when you created the registration.
More to say, if you use a registration which is set on PIANIST or MANUAL BASS, when you change to a different one, no matter the previous saved parameters, it will load the registration in the same mode ( manual or pianist) as the previous one you've used... It is CHAOS in live on the stage!!!
I hold my comments here, trying to point out that the O.S. has loads of bugs when it comes to live use! I hope it was not intended for DJ-ing mainly! frown
If any of the Ketron staff is reading this, please, come up with a proper update, if you wanna make some money with MIDJPRO!

Regards to all of you!

#384242 - 02/10/14 07:23 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

Saturday night gig.... In the middle of the ballad, the module freezes due to extensive use of sustain pedal... It's probably reached the maximum of polyphony. Totally embarrasing. It took 5 looong minutes to restart this little devil.
I used the Pianist mode, with the volume set to 0 for the Lower parts and the Chords. The Layered Piano sound was the one I used on the Upper.
I think that even if you set the volumes to 0 for some parts, the instrument's still counting them into the polyphonic structure. Or not... It's all so blurred.
I need a proper manual for this module! Getting tired of so much guessing... frown
Overall, the only major CONS is related to the O.S. It's spoiling all the fun of playing! frown
Soon I'll write down all of the bugs that I've encountered so far... Maybe someone in charge will get to hear about them.
Does anybody out there has bought a MIDJPRO yet?

Regards!

#384268 - 02/10/14 11:18 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Daniel, thanks for the continuing reviews on the MidJPro.

I need to ask another question, can MJPro connect to a midi keyboard using USB and also power it?

Thanks

#384278 - 02/10/14 02:06 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

I haven't tried yet... most of my gear is at home, and now I'm relocated for the next two months. Currently, I control the MIDJPRO via a Yamaha digital piano. My guess is that it's able to powerfeed a midi keyb through its USB connection.
But then again, we should've had it written in the user manual, right? wink

#384309 - 02/10/14 07:56 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Ok Daniel, ill just wait. I just want to know if it can to simplify my setup.

Thanks

#385965 - 03/08/14 07:33 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

Hi there, ketroners, I'd like to share with you a conversation which I've had with the Ketron customer service, regarding some MJPRO questions...

Quote:
Nome: Daniel Bordeiu
E-mail: danielbordeiu@yahoo.com
Testo del messaggio:
1. What type of RAM sound can the MIDJPRO use, how do I load it and how do I edit it in the Voice edit menu?
2. How can I insert one RAM sound into a style arrangement?
3. How can I change a Live Audio Drum inside an arrangement?
4. How can I convert back a *.KST style to an *.PAT style in order to further editing with EMC Style COnverter?

Regards, Daniel Bordeiu - Audya5 and MIDJPRO - pianoentertainer

...and here is what I got back ...

Quote:
1. What type of RAM sound can the MIDJPRO use,
r1. is a flash Ram.

2. how do I load
r2. you “see” flash memory as USER FS on menu MEDIA

3. it and how do I edit it in the Voice edit menu?
r3. When you select Edit you have access to many parameters to modify

4. How can I insert one RAM sound into a style arrangement?
r4. you can add only modified user sound ( not imported sample )

5. How can I change a Live Audio Drum inside an arrangement?
r5. What means “change” ..?? To replace or what else ?

6. How can I convert back a *.KST style to an *.PAT style in order to further editing with EMC Style COnverter?
r6. Once a style is on Midjpro, you can achieve only on KST or MID

Regards,

K E T R O N s.r.l.
Servizio Assistenza Clienti

so, after this "comprehensive" message, I dared to ask them again...

Quote:
Hi, Ketron, thanks for the time you took answering my question.
There are some unsorted things though, and that's why I'm gonna kindly ask you again:

1. RAM sound - 64 MB ... This is what it's been advertised in the brochure. The user manual includes NO reference about it. According to your explanations, I was supposed to find an USER FS ( that being a directory, or what? ) from the MEDIA menu - you said. Pressing the MEDIA knob, sends me to a display where I can "see" the SSD of the module (and some other USB memory - if inserted). On the lower part of the display I see some tabs, but none of them will send me to "USER FS". Entering the SSD of the module, I see a lot of directories, but than again, no USER FS. So, please, explain one more time, WHAT is all about this 64 MB RAM sound? You say it's not loadable with *. ins or *.msp ? Because in the brochure it's all blurred...

2. Regarding the Live Audio Drums - My question was: Can I load a style into a registration, open up the EDIT - VIEW screen, and from there to designate another LIVE AUDIO DRUM on the Drum 1 section, other than the one the *.kst style came with in the first place?

3. You said that I can also add "only a modified user sound" to an arrangement. Are you talking about the 4 Voices on the Upper Right? Because my question was about changhing a CHORD section - sound with another one, presumed to be loaded into that 64 MB flash RAM Sound memory.

4. When I edit a VOICE, I can only save it as a bulk file, and there is no way I can tell the module to load it at startup, even if I use the CUSTOM STARTUP save - function.... Is this an O.S. bug, or do you have an explanation regarding how I can accomplish that?

5. Saving a registration it's easy... Recalling it with the correct parameters, it's a painful and not always succesful operation - I need to press the ENTER knob 4-5 times in a row, to get a registration to load with all the correct parameters it's been previously saved... I take it this IS a bug...

The list can go on, with all the bugs that I've discovered during this month since I've started using the module, but it seems like nobody from Ketron gives a damn about it. Is there anybody interested in how the module responds in live performing situation? One cannot solve the problems if one doesn't know what issues to address... Can you put me in touch with some of the Ketron engineers involved in the development of the O.S.? I have sooo many things to tell about MIDJPRO...

Regards,

Daniel Bordeiu - piano entertainer.

I'd also like to mention that my first mail is dated 13th Feb and they responded on 26th Feb. I still haven't got yet any response since my last reply....

Probably they're too busy ....

So, can somebody tell me what can I make out of this?

Have a lovely 8th March Saturday with your beloved ones!

Edited by danielbordeiu (03/08/14 07:34 AM)

#386355 - 03/14/14 11:10 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

No answer from Ketron yet, but there's some good news as they've released an 1.2 OS update.

Will upgrade tonight, and I'll keep you posted about it's efficiency.

Quote:
MidjPro Elettronic Module

News - RELEASE 1.2

-Increased compatibility of Chords data event contained on the midi file
-Improved transposer features on audio + midi files
-Optimizing management polyphony and playing midi files
-Improved reading Lyrics Mp3 files ID3 format vers.2.4
-Improved reading MP3s low resolution
-Improvements on the management Disk menu
-Optimized alphanumeric keypad and management of Search feature
-Improved synchronization TXT file
-Optimized file compatibility. KAR (also on Playlist)
-Improved reading of MP3 DJ menu (BPM and more)
-Menu optimization on Juke Box and SFX section
-Added autorepeat FILL1,2,3,4, BREAK1 2,3,4, on footswitch .
-Optimization of Pianist, Bassist Functions with Sustain Pedal
-Various implementations and improvements on Accordion and Registration Menu
-Further improvements on Arranger Section plus expanded compatibility Styles
on previous products by Ketron.
-Increased overall volume Wave and Mp3
-Enabled User Voices loading on power start up
-Several improvements on Transposer menu.
-Remote Keyboard Usb now directly connected to the instrument.
-Improvements on video formats compatibility
-Implemented Backup and Restore of: Playlist, My Folder and System Setting (Internal saving of Arabic,Preset, Footswitch,Midi ,Registration info)
-Improvements on Voicetron menu

Have a great weekend, folks!

#386362 - 03/14/14 02:53 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

I certainly hope that this fixes the problems you identified. Thanks for the update, keep us posted.
Ciao,
Jerry

#386681 - 03/20/14 06:38 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
Daniel, thanks for the continuing reviews on the MidJPro.

I need to ask another question, can MJPro connect to a midi keyboard using USB and also power it?

Thanks

After the second O.S. release it does! I've tried it myself and it's working!

#386698 - 03/20/14 11:04 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have submitted 3 bugs for the Ketron SD1000, but no answers yet

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#386699 - 03/20/14 11:12 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Thanks again For keeping us updated about your experiences with the Pro.
To read your post, however, I had to copy and paste it to a Word program as it was not possible to read the blue copy against the dark background that I use for this forum.
Ciao,
Jerry

#386702 - 03/20/14 01:34 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Jerry T]
danielbordeiu Offline

sorry 'bout that... I use the koniro layout, I wouldn't guess it would be a problem...

#386720 - 03/20/14 06:28 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Great update Daniel. I'm pretty happy with my MidJay due to it's versatility inspite of it's bugs, so the natural progression is to get the MidJPro (which is way better than MidJay).
I just do not know how can i get one.
Anyway, keep us posted on your journey with the MJPro.

Thanks

#386736 - 03/21/14 06:56 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

Here I am with the latest conclusions after the 1.2 OS release for the MIDJPRO.

I guess anybody will be more interested in revealing the flaws of this product, that's why I'm gonna concentrate on those, with no disrespect intended for the Ketron people... rocker

Being a piano entertainer, I haven't digged into those DJing functions. Regarding the arranger part, here's my 2 months report: smoke

1. The 1.2 OS brings an overall fix to the accurate recalling of the registrations.
However, the LOCK TEMPO function it's still randomly working. That means it's not reliable yet!

2. The chord recognition is really good, as I said, better than in Audya, although a registration sometimes "forget" to set the ch. recognition mode the way you've previously stored it. Usually, it stays on EASY, with no reason...

3. Using the audio drums, requires a lot of "juice" from the module. Probably that's why it glitches and sometimes it stops when you change the registrations on the move, without ending the previous style.
Is it the RAM, or is it the processor? drink

4. I tried to transpose an mp3 during playback.... Was not able to...

5. It is now possible to power up an USB midi keyboard, connected to any of those 3 USB-A inputs. Kudos!
I tried it with a MIDI controller, and I tried it with an Yamaha P105 (which sports ONLY an USB-B to Host connection)and it worked like a charm!
I was even able to control the MIDJPRO in the same time with the Yamaha P105 (through the USB port) and with the MIDI controller (through the dedicated MIDI IN port)!!! crazy At some point, it randomly stopped recognising the chords, and then, randomly again, started recognising them...
However, the MIDI signal outputed from the USB connection, does NOT patch by into the dedicated MIDI THROUGH port - it is not rerouted the way it logically should.
That means that if you'd wanna chain some other MIDI device (the TC Helicon Harmony M in my case), you'd fail. Which I did.

6. Again, no RAM SOUND(64MB) reference.... mad

7. I couldn't manage to load the User Voices at startup frown

Regarding the expanded compatibility Styles and the other improvements sported with 1.2 OS I could not figure out what is all about.
The description of the fixes and improvements for 1.2 it is really sloppy, Ketronish - vague confused1
Actually, there is NO fixes description... It's like they're not aware of the flaws of the OS.

That's all that I can say for now. If anything else comes up, I'll let you know.

OVERALL bottom line: It's a love-hate relationship you'll gonna have with this product computer like with all the other Ketron products, in fact.
I give it a 7 out of 10 (10 being the IDEAL) woot , and chances are that in time things will get better smile

P.S. 1 I still wait for that answer from the Ketron engineers... it's been too long....

P.S. 2 Am I the only one testing the MIDJPRO on this forum?!?

P.S. 3 My "funny" MIDJPRO - video

#386775 - 03/21/14 08:14 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Anyone interested in the new Midjay PRO (loaded with the latest software & fixes) should please contact us at AJAMinc@Gmail.COM

We might be able to help ...

#386800 - 03/22/14 10:33 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

Short notice:

MP3 transposition during playback - working. As well as saving it afterwards.

7,5 out of 10! smile

I am pretty sure that the next upgrade will cover the other issues, gettin' us closer to that ideal arranger everyone's dreaming of...
However, I'll say it again, this great machine deserves a more comprehensive user manual. The same obs. goes for Audya too... smile

#386856 - 03/23/14 06:56 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
tastenfuzzi Offline

Concerning the automatic load of user voices:

- Load you Voices from the Folder USER_VOICE
- Press SAVE
- Press CUSTOM STARTUP

Now the User voices will be loaded automatically after turning on the MJPro.

This works from O.S. 1.2.

Many Greetings!

Bernie

#386876 - 03/23/14 09:27 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: tastenfuzzi]
danielbordeiu Offline

Thanks, Bernie smile

Do I need to give any special name to that custom voice set?

I take it that you're also using a MIDJPRO... Anything else you'd like to share?

Regards, Daniel.

#386881 - 03/23/14 10:22 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
tastenfuzzi Offline

Hi Daniel,

of course it is recommended to give your user voices an own name.
So you can save different settings. You also can give the single user voices OWN names and overwrite voices you dont need.

Of course I`m using an MidjPRO.
I`m doing the Ketron presentations in Germany and Austria and I`m also working as product specialist.:-)

I`m not very often in this forum but I will take a look to your problems...

Concerning the 64 MB RAM we have to wait what happens...I dont know!

And... Congratulations to your Video!!! I never was able to manage this ;-)

Greetings!

Bernie

#386911 - 03/24/14 07:07 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: tastenfuzzi]
danielbordeiu Offline

I really apreciate your honesty, Bernie, regarding the RAM sound smile

My experience with Ketron dates from 2006, and I've been through a lot ever since. I came from a relatively "safe" Roland and Korg environement, and I really had no idea about what I'm up to when I choose Ketron upon other brands... I was charmed by them drums, mainly, and that got me going for the next almost 8 years...
Maybe my expertise doesn't exceed yours or so many other users, but I hope that my insights have some value for those reading my posts.
I usually tweak a lot, pushing limits all the time, and trying to make the most of my instruments, and that may be one of the reasons why I sometimes achieve weird results...

Here's another 3 video episodes with the results of some Voice Edit... I just tried to build a three voices layer (monophonic) with some FX insert, and here's how the instrument responded to it...
Voice Edit 1
Voice Edit 2
Voice Edit 3

Try to picture this situation ocurring just one night before, during my performance in front of almost 300 people... See for yourself, and tell me what can you make out of it?

#386917 - 03/24/14 07:56 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
New kind of music looooool

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#386924 - 03/24/14 09:03 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: DAN.2000]
danielbordeiu Offline

I don't mean to scare away any potential new Ketron buyers by posting this videos, but one must face the truth, which is, imho, that somehow this situations could have been avoided by initiating a sort of beta testing program...

If that's a consolation, we may take comfort from the fact that this happend and still happens to more awarded computer manufacturers, not to point at any of them specifically.

Being in the keyboard arranger market it's a tough game to play, no matter how innovative you are... A great deal of resources and money are required in order to achieve a decent OS.
Now I speak for myself, as an user of the old Midjay and Audya 5, and I might say that the MIDJPRO has yet the best OS among them, despite the flaws described.
... and it will get better, of that I'm sure, due to this new kind of aproach they've taken...

#387355 - 04/01/14 11:14 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Hi Daniel
May I ask if the MidJpro registration saves also the intros?
Thanks

#387891 - 04/14/14 06:18 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

It does not save this parameter. Choosing an Intro or an Ending it's optional. It would be awsome to have this possibility though... I guess it's not that difficult to introduce this option, especially on the MJPRO...

#387916 - 04/14/14 11:02 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

I'll be receiving my MJPro hopefully in few days. I hope AJ took care of the known glitches. I'm very excited to have this module.

I hope the styles especially the drums section are as good as the Audya's.

#388614 - 05/05/14 02:17 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

News from Ketron, folks:

Here's the original italian text:
"La KETRON è lieta di mettere gratuitamente a disposizione della propria clientela nuovi styles che possono essere caricati nel MidjPro."

... and here's how they wrote for the non italian customers:
"KETRON is pleased to offer free of charge a collection of cool 1970's real audio styles for your MidjPro right now."

Apreciated the effort putted by the programers to come up with 10 pieces of 1970 styles... thats almost 44 years back...

How'bout some fresh new styles dated from 2010 - 2014??? Some of us have invested in Ketron instruments to be closer to today's music... No offence, it's just a personal insight!

#388627 - 05/05/14 04:29 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Modern styles such as - AjamSonic VOCAL BALLAD will be offered on the Ketron Midjay Pro AJAMSONIC too (it's about blending the old and new with the AJAMSONIC upgrades).

Not my best performance, but it's an attempt to show how for an example our styles can be used to play modern songs like:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCx1kHWG0Xc&feature=player_embedded

Here is a demo of the style - Vocal POP BALLAD.

Thanks,

Attachments
AjamSonic Vocal Ballad.mp3 (38 downloads)

#388633 - 05/06/14 07:44 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Artemi Offline

Looks like Ketron offers a pretty decent sound quality to their customers but lacks the quintessence of pro musician's equipment - stability.
At some point I really wanted to buy some of their arrangers, but thanks to those nice reviews I won't.

#388647 - 05/06/14 04:24 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
leezone Offline

all i wanna do is save my intros on AUDYA on Registrations...

is this really too much to ask for ?

#388662 - 05/07/14 08:35 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Artemi]
danielbordeiu Offline

What gear do you use, Artemi?

#388663 - 05/07/14 08:36 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: leezone]
danielbordeiu Offline

You're knocking most probably at the wrong door...

#388816 - 05/10/14 01:48 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Artemi Offline

Originally Posted By: danielbordeiu
What gear do you use, Artemi?

Mostly I use Korg wokstations, had a bucnh of experience with the Korg Z1, X50.
Now I use Korg Karma.

Why?

#388877 - 05/11/14 04:28 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Hi Daniel,

Can you please describe in details how you setup the MJ Pros with a midi keyboard controller using the USB connection only?

Also, have you used the Voicetron already?

Thanks much.
Jimmy

#388942 - 05/13/14 04:55 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Loc: Greece
Dear Daniel,

I bought a MidjayPro before apr. 2 months and you won't believe what I've been going through...It's FULL of bugs!!! If you play a video file on Player1 and you decide to play a mp3KAR on player2 then the screen blinks and the module restarts!The arranger has stuck a couple of times during performances!!!If you use the stop button for Player1, it will also stop player2 (because we have to make mixes...).Anyway, if this machine did what it was supposed to do then it would be great!But for now, it's disappointing.I did upgrade to OS1.2 and it's a little better (for example, now the "search" function is activated for both players and searches the whole drive, not just the directory) but the unit remains unstable. You never know when it's gonna crash!I'm gonna have it sent back and replaced and hope it's just a faulty unit.

#388953 - 05/13/14 10:06 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
Artemi Offline

Originally Posted By: parkerilos
Dear Daniel,
You never know when it's gonna crash!I'm gonna have it sent back and replaced and hope it's just a faulty unit.

Considering the amount of returned b-stock Ketrons in the shops I doubt that you will have a unit without bugs.

#388982 - 05/14/14 12:19 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

..I don't know, I hope you are wrong :-)
The thing is, I don't know of any other module that can do that much!It's also like having a small mixer w effects so it really saves space and weight...but all of the above are true as long as it works 'cause crashes can be pretty embarrassing!

I talked to the shop I bought this from and they send me another one BEFORE I send them back the one I have.They say they don't have many returns from this model but who knows?

#388984 - 05/14/14 08:57 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Artemi]
parkerilos Offline

..I don't know but I hope you are wrong :-)
The thing is, I don't know of any other module that can do that much!It's also like having a small mixer w effects so it really saves up space and weight...but all of the above are true as long as it works 'cause crashes can be pretty embarrassing!

I talked to the shop I bought this from and they will send me another one BEFORE I send them back the one I have.They say they don't have many returns from this model but who knows if that's true?

#389004 - 05/15/14 04:26 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Artemi Offline

Well, since they've send you another one we will soon find out...
Speaking of returns, it's really goes to no comparison with the sounds, Ketron is definitely the best.
But if it's full of crashes, all the possibilities doesn't make much sense anymore.

#389114 - 05/19/14 05:20 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

Hi, Jimmy,

it is quite simple. All you need is an USB A-B cable (I presume that your MIDI keyboard has a USB B connector plug). Plug the B end into the keyboard, and the A end into any of the three A plugs of the MIDJPRO. The module is recognizing the keyboard automatically. You do not need an external AC source, for the module is powering the keyboard through the USB connection as well.

Good luck!

#389115 - 05/19/14 05:29 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Artemi]
danielbordeiu Offline

Just of curiosity...

Most of the forum users, have their gear written under the signature. It is useful to know what others are using. If you perform mostly with the arranger, you won't be disappointed of any of the Ketron products. They manage to pull out a decent OS eventually. It just takes time.

Have a good day!

#389116 - 05/19/14 05:45 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
danielbordeiu Offline

Hi, parkerilos,

it is really sad to hear your story... Hopefully it will have a happy ending along with the replacement of the faulty unit.

What is the main use of your MIDJPRO?

Regards!

#389348 - 05/29/14 02:20 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Hi Daniel,

I use it both as an arranger (I use a midi guitar system) and also as a midi/mp3 player.Also as a mixer w effexts(along with a singer). Generally the arranger function works ok for me (but my requirements are few, mostly the manual bass function and some sounds for single line soloing). But when I turn to the mp3KAR usage, things go pretty bad. I play a number of files (5-6) and then, all of a sudden, player1 or player2 crashes. I can still load midi files but, generally, I have to restart (if I want it to be fully functual again).Another thing: during startup it makes a terrible bzzzz sound that stops afterwards (when used as a mixer, directly to powered speakers.If used through a mixer it's ok. BUT it is supposed to be a mixer as well!!!!).
Anyway, I got the new one and (surprisingly) it has the same bugs. Yes, O.S.1.2 did fix some things for me too (for example the "search" function now on player2 also and searches the whole drive too-very important when you have hundreds of files).
I wish a Ketron engineer reads some of these problems and finally fix something 'cause it's not the cheapest machine in the market.The idea is great but they have to make it work.

#389504 - 06/05/14 09:01 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Hello everyone, this is my update!

I noticed something that maybe can explain why the players crash.

Firstly I have to tell you that, right now, I got 2 machines(midjay pro) because I complained and asked for a second unit to check whether the first one is problematic.

So: PLAYER2: it always freezes when:
1) it ends the reproduction of an mp3 and you try to play a .cdg 2) it ends the reproduction of a .cdg and you try to play another one
PLAYER1: it freezes when it ends the reproduction of an mp3 and you try to play a .cdg

Both units have OS 1.2 installed BUT the older unit was PERHAPS updated to 1.2 from 1.0 (didn't move to 1.1. first).
The second unit's player 1 freezes OCASIONALLY after a mp3 file ends (NOT ALWAYS).The fist unit's player 1 ALWAYS does that!
Also: The MIDI led blinks in high frequency on the older unit. On the new unit it stays constantly ON. (of course, that's true when I connect a MIDI device).

Still waiting for some help....and hope for the best!

#389767 - 06/14/14 09:14 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Detailed version of manual is inside the Midjay Pro and can also be downloaded from www.Ketron.it

#389787 - 06/15/14 11:24 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
parkerilos Offline

..short update:

I found out a way to un-freeze the players which might come in handy for those having trouble w this machine!

If player 1 or 2 freezes you follow these steps:

1.Press "playbar" and move it forward (remember to have the slider turned all the way down!!!)
2.Press "Pause"
3.Press "exit"(to exit the "playbar" screen)
4.Press "pause" again (unpause)
5.Press "stop"
6.Press "start"

The above procedure is very important as it enables me to continue with my performance without having to restart...still, I'm waiting for O.S. 1.3......

#389840 - 06/17/14 01:27 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
danielbordeiu Offline

me too... :P

Waiting to see what is all about that 64Mb of RAM sound...It should be a sampler uploading memory!!!

#391086 - 07/23/14 04:16 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Daniel do you (or anybody else here) know how to roll back to O.S 1.2???? I just updated my O.S to 1.3. and now player 2 is unable to play cdg files causing me great trouble in performances!!! Please help!!!!

#391871 - 08/15/14 08:06 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
danielbordeiu Offline

1.3 O.S. Hallelujah! ... or not...

I play the arranger so I'll just comment the upgrade on this regard...
Many good things happend, but a really nasty one came by...

Whenever you play a minor7th chord with the 7th played below the root, it will NOT recognize the minor 7th, and it'll play instead the 6th major relative. No matter the settings you tweek, it just doesn't "see" the chord... It did in 1.2.

I am pretty much fed up with this kind of problems... The latest Audya 5 has some bugs too - no need to mention - I know that the Ketron support knows what I'm talking about.

Please, fix this mess! Hire some more techs and give us a decent buggless OS.
Create different OS packages for different players needs... Charge them acordingly, but let us play instead of being stressed about all this matters.
Keep up with your customers!
We've payed you the money you've asked. Don't cheat on us!

#392310 - 08/28/14 04:06 PM Chord recognition changed with OS update [Re: danielbordeiu]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Wow that's a major change, is this change documented in the release notes?

Even Casio gives players an option to exclude the 6th chord with some settings. I believe Roland requires all 4 notes, and the chord must be played with the root at the bottom.

IMO all arrangers should afford greater customization in this highly sensitive area.

#392589 - 09/02/14 08:10 AM Re: Chord recognition changed with OS update [Re: TedS]
parkerilos Offline

No, that's the sad part, there are a lot of things that they don't mention in the release notes....you never know exactly what you'll get...I'm not sure if I'll make another update anymore...

#392653 - 09/04/14 01:55 AM Re: Chord recognition changed with OS update [Re: parkerilos]
danielbordeiu Offline

On a comic note, I guess it's not about what the users want, but what Ketron has the skills to do.... Sad though...

#393398 - 09/18/14 06:27 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Daniel, Parkerilos, Jim et al,
I hope you will continue to share your experiences with the Midjay Pro. I have shared and discussed your posts with several people who are interested in your updates. At least 3 and possibly 4 of them are keenly interested in purchasing a Pro but are hesitant because of problems and bugs Ketron had with past new product releases. Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#393415 - 09/19/14 06:19 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Ketron_AJ Offline

We have fixed this and other issues in 1.31 which is going up in a day or 2.
We have also added new features that many will favor so check www.ketron.it periodically.

Daniel ... Also pls check your PM.

Thanks.

Edited by Ketron_AJ (09/19/14 02:29 PM)
Edit Reason: www.ketron.it

#393424 - 09/19/14 09:25 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi AJ,

you forgot the "r" in ketron wink

It´s

www.ketron.it

#393450 - 09/19/14 02:29 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Corrected...
Thanks for the catch ....

New Midjay Pro OS 1.31 now on our website www.Ketron.it

Thanks

AJ

#393627 - 09/23/14 08:52 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Midjay Pro OS 1.3.1 now available at:-

http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=co...20&lang=eng

#394040 - 10/02/14 06:11 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
parkerilos Offline

Hi AJ,

I read the release notes but nothing is mentioned on the .cdg file problem (being able to play .cdg files on player 2,thus, mixing .cdg files). 1)Do you have an analytical list of the update features (ketron's website only mentions 2!!!)?

2)Did you find a way to roll-back to O.S 1.2? Isn't there a RESET button on this machine??? I'll go crazy....

#394054 - 10/02/14 08:04 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
rosetree
Unregistered

I don't own a MidjPro, but normally a reset never resets a firmware to an earlier version, you normally cannot undo a system update by reset, only the usual settings. (Somebody had this problem with a Yamaha MoXF, too).

#395660 - 11/10/14 03:26 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

Loc: Portugal
Anyone knows if is it possible to create on external sequencer styles for it?

#395662 - 11/10/14 06:08 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
danielbordeiu Offline

Sure it is possible. I assume you did it before for some other arrangers. In case you did, you'll have to save the style with *.pat extension, upload it into the PRO, and it'll convert it into *.kst, prior using it.

#397449 - 12/26/14 02:48 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Hello everyone, Merry Christmas!
I just noticed that the 1.3.2 update is out (and this time Ketron gives some info on the changes...but you never know whether it's gonna work better after the update!). Anyway,still no news about how to roll back to 1.2? Anyone???

P.S. ...they still don't do anything about the 64MB feature! Unbelievable!

#397552 - 12/30/14 02:17 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
garibald75 Offline

hi guys.
I am another midjpro user.
I am actually testing the 1.3.2.
The overall machine is quite good (especially the synth part and the arranger part) . Imho other parts could be improved but , for now, it's doing its job .
I am strongly disappointed mostly about the KETRON interaction with users for a so expensive and professional machine. Anyway i will try to share with everyone my daily PRO experience on the "battlefield" with midjpro.
Best regards,
Garibald75

Edited by garibald75 (12/30/14 02:18 AM)

#397600 - 12/31/14 03:05 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

I'm one of the first owner of MJPro. I bought it because I believe it could be a compact module version of Audya but with better GUI. It's an amazing machine with great potential if the bugs and glitches can be address soon. I'm very happy with the sounds especially the audio drums and of course the very usable styles. I'm also impressed by the touch screen interface and the presence of sliders. My only big complaint is the voicetron which is one of the reason I upgrade from classic Midjay. It's basically not working. You can barely hear the harmonies even at max vol level. The registration won't memorize its setting too. It does not work either with Tune 1000 files or any SMF. Intros are still not memorized on registrations. It would be also nice to have more styles. So as of now I'm still waiting for OS upgrade to address these shortcoming.
Regards
Jimmy

#399947 - 02/26/15 08:45 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: garibald75]
danielbordeiu Offline

Hi there, nice to meet you on the MIDJPRO "debate arena" smile

Any new impressions regarding this babywonder module?

#399948 - 02/26/15 08:57 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
I'm one of the first owner of MJPro. I bought it because I believe it could be a compact module version of Audya but with better GUI. It's an amazing machine with great potential if the bugs and glitches can be address soon. I'm very happy with the sounds especially the audio drums and of course the very usable styles. I'm also impressed by the touch screen interface and the presence of sliders. My only big complaint is the voicetron which is one of the reason I upgrade from classic Midjay. It's basically not working. You can barely hear the harmonies even at max vol level. The registration won't memorize its setting too. It does not work either with Tune 1000 files or any SMF. Intros are still not memorized on registrations. It would be also nice to have more styles. So as of now I'm still waiting for OS upgrade to address these shortcoming.
Regards
Jimmy

Yes Jimmy, it would be nice to have some more styles - maybe some adressing the new musical genders - we could buy them, only if thy were abailable, so to say.
And we could really make use of some of the 64MB User RAM sound advertised by Ketron.
And we would also benefit if they'd let us "mingle" with the Audio Drum slices from the "DRUM1" track.
...and so on it goes the list of useful things they could do for a more improved Ketron experience. The money we've payed were good, and yet we struggle facing deep silence from them Ketron guys. Strange marketing, I might say....

All the best!

#400721 - 03/21/15 06:53 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Hello everyone!

After months of consideration, I decided to load updates 1.3.1 and 1.3.2. Thnk God, this time the results are good. I tested the machine playing .cgi,.mp3 and midi files using both players(.cgi only on player 1) and it has stopped crashing! At last, the pause and play/stop buttons work correctly (one exception: when player 2 active and you try to play a video file(.flv, .mp4...) on player 1. Then player 2 stops reproduction immediately).
Anyway, it seems to me that gradually Ketron tries to make a better(stable) O.S. I hope they fix these registration problems soon, when they do, the midjay will be a quite professional solution, at last!

#400752 - 03/22/15 02:29 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

Is it possible to load our own audio drums ? And what about importing a midi to create a style?

#400763 - 03/22/15 09:06 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
danielbordeiu Offline

No and no. Not yet. laugh

#400764 - 03/22/15 10:01 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Has anyone owned and used a Midjay Plus then gone to the Pro? What are the major features of the Pro that are not possible with the Plus? I am happy with the Plus, and now that the major bugs seemed to be fixed in the Pro, I am seriously considering the Pro if it enhanced features that are necessary for gigs. I don't think I would have need for video and some of the other features on a gig - not sure however, maybe there is an application for use during performances. What say you owners of the Midjay Pro?
Ciao,
Jerry

#400810 - 03/24/15 05:29 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Jerry T]
danielbordeiu Offline

I jumped in bed with MIDJPRO after a 8 years long relationship with the first model of the MIDJAY. Not the PLUS.
It appealed to me greatly because it sounded so much better compared to everything I've played using the older MJ.

BUT:

There's a lot of balast they putted into it - that leading to a high price... Fancy DJ things which probably 5% of the users may benefit from.

It's been a 3 months challange to set up the MIDJ PRO with all the styles I've been previously using. The internal styles are more than great, but soo few.... At the price we'd paid for it, I would expected it to be well equipped with a much larger style library... But no.
And so I went back converting styles, rearranging drum notes, and changing instruments, attempting to give a new life to the old Ketron styles.
After 13 months, it is still an ongoing process. I am almost there.

My conclusion?

Regarding your matter, if you are satisfied with your MJ Plus, DO NOT ENGAGE with the PRO. It will eat your heart out, your nerves, and your time to an extent that you'll start regretting the decision of buying it.
I personally know such cases.
So, unless you are commited to painful and hard work, please, enjoy your MJ Plus.
Ketron MIDJPRO is nothing like Audya compared in styles library, ease of programming and adjusting styles. I have them both, so I speak from my personal experience.

My personal understanding of the way Ketron is doing business with us, is that they lack the practical knowledges regarding the mainly use of MIDJPRO.
Or they suck at marketing.
Or they do not respect their clients, like Yamaha or Korg do. Roland is out of question for some time...

Take a deep breath, be honest to yourself, and decide consequently. Now you know the truth.
Or maybe it's just me...

This is an open debate, and I'll be more than satisfied to read Ketron's point of view, right here!

P.S.
Ketron will NOT take any action to improve their customer's support or upgrading their products up to their customer's expectations. They just can't. I guess it's a big hat to wear nowadays...

#401290 - 04/10/15 11:57 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

How to import an audya style?

#401292 - 04/11/15 06:05 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
filipelou Offline

I got it. And what about fading the style? I don't see the option

#401341 - 04/14/15 07:15 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
danielbordeiu Offline

Glad you've figured it out... Unfortunately, no Fade IN or OUT dedicated knobs. You'll just have to fade manually, using the available faders...

Cheers!

#401509 - 04/17/15 09:55 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

Oh my god no audio drum changing and no exporting style feature, very disappointed

#401543 - 04/19/15 12:08 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Jerry T]
synerjim Offline

Sorry guys I've been just busy with work and recently with my ailing mother.
Good news about the MJPro. Again Ketron wins as it now became my main instrument after getting used to it, learning how to set the registrations and other parameters. I did able to make the voicetron works with smfs and it sounds great! The more I listen to the styles, the more I become unsatisfied with my other brand keyboards. The drums, strings and wind instruments are outstanding. I love the physical sliders and touch screen. I'm now using it with a Korg micro 61 key controller. This is the smallest, most compact and lightest setup I ever got. I can carry everything in a backpack, a Bose Compact on one hand and the keyboard stand in another hand without any cart or dolly.
I'm looking for updates to further imrovements, add new SD7 features such as the synth control features. I'm looking forward for more styles too. Kudos to Ketron and AJ.

#401544 - 04/19/15 03:01 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Here you can buy Ketron styles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>::

http://www.d-o-o.de/catalog_by_keytype.php?keytype=7,19&lang=en

Impuls

#401606 - 04/20/15 03:21 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Jimmy, can you compare the PA900 with the MJpro, as far as vocal processing and ease of use?
Thanks,

#401610 - 04/20/15 11:40 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: DonM]
synerjim Offline

Don, for smfs, you need to insert the voicetron to specific track that provides the harmony (track 5 in case of Tunes 1000 smfs) and save the smf. In PA900, you need to use registration to set the harmonization type with the smf as you know. So imo it's easier to do that in MJPro. With style playing, you can setup the voicetron to trigger on different variations and save it as registration. I found this versatile, however it still buggy as it's not consistent in memorizing the voicetron setup. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
The PA has many harmony presets in style playing while in MJPro it has only one (3 part voice). I'm hoping Ketron will add harmony types. Without tweaking, I found the MJPro has more punch in vocal processing. MJPro has virtual switch (touch screen) to turn on/off the effects/harmony while the PA has physical switch, so it's just a matter of getting used to. Hope this helps.

#401611 - 04/20/15 11:44 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Impuls]
synerjim Offline

Impuls, are these styles compatible with MJPro? In my recollection, Midjay styles are not compatible with MJPro due to audio drums and format.

#401617 - 04/21/15 12:39 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

I bought some of their styles. None of them uses audio drums or a second drum track - Ketron specific.
You'll get a good sound tweaking them a bit after buying...

#401626 - 04/21/15 09:36 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
DonM Offline

I've been talking to AJ. The SD7 will have the same vocal processor/harmonizer as in the Audya, in other words five parts.
It has all new sound engine and many improvements.
I'm certain I'll be getting one, especially since he promised to personally clear it for bugs!
We are discussing doing an arranger workshop in my area, probably in the next month or so.
Stay tuned! smile

#404228 - 07/01/15 11:51 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Daniel et al, Keep this tips coming ... just ordered a Midjay Pro ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#404241 - 07/01/15 05:23 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I've been talking to AJ. The SD7 will have the same vocal processor/harmonizer as in the Audya, in other words five parts.
It has all new sound engine and many improvements.
I'm certain I'll be getting one, especially since he promised to personally clear it for bugs!
We are discussing doing an arranger workshop in my area, probably in the next month or so.
Stay tuned! smile

Any info on the Workshop in Shreveport LA Don?

#404277 - 07/02/15 11:35 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
DonM Offline

I'll have to get with AJ to set a date. Sort of waiting for an OS update.

#412688 - 12/07/15 06:36 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: DonM]
danielbordeiu Offline

Talking 'bout the new O.S. update -yet another disappointment.

It's even worse than before:

- nearly 40% of my Registrations does not "remember" the Right Hand Voices,

- the module randomly freezes,

- randomly restarts,

- the lock tempo STILL does not work,

- still NO User Ram Sound,

- poorely designed DISPLAY SKINS,

- no Display Contrast function and the list goes on and on and on...

It can be lack of skills, at the programmer's end... such a bad coding...

See and hear for yourselfhow messy it is: another O.S. - another disappointment...

#412717 - 12/07/15 03:51 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

I know, its frustrating ...

#415259 - 01/25/16 05:29 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
motorman Offline

Loc: hudson fl.
Have you straightened out any of the problems yet? I use the MIDJPRO with the bass pedals and the tonality pedal as I'm a guitar player. I have the AJAMsonic version. I've had problems from the start with it freezing up. When it freezes, none of the buttons on the machine or the touch screen will work. I have to shut it off with the power button and reboot. The last time it froze, even the power button wouldn't work. I had to unplug and replug to reboot. Also, at times I get no volume from the outputs. I have to reboot and replug the cables.
I bought the MIDJPRO because of it's smaller size. But due to it's unreliability, I have to also take my SD3 to a gig as a spare. The idea of this machine is great, If only it worked reliably. I've had many more problems with it as well.

#418193 - 03/12/16 05:01 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

Is it possible to change reverb and chorus of right vocei while is it playing?

#426407 - 09/22/16 01:52 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
midisqueeze Offline

Loc: New York
I've had my Midjpro since November 2015. It too freezes on occasion (approximately up to 1-3 times during a four hour gig). I have an appointment with Ajamsonic to analyze and possibly replace mother board but must play two gigs in the meantime, would be very interested if anyone has found a viable solution.

#426670 - 10/04/16 10:27 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: midisqueeze]
danielbordeiu Offline

Couldn't come up with anything.
Mine is freezing in 90% of the cases when I use a 12/8 Midjpro resident style, no matter how many acc tracks I use, or what chords I play or what Var. am in..
The worse part is that's impossible to figure out what's triggering this abnormal behavior...
It seems like none of Ketron engineers are reading this posts...

#426671 - 10/04/16 10:36 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
danielbordeiu Offline

Originally Posted By: filipelou

Not possible while the arranger is playing.

#426672 - 10/04/16 10:36 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
danielbordeiu Offline

Originally Posted By: filipelou

Not possible while the arranger is playing.

#426693 - 10/05/16 08:26 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: midisqueeze]
midisqueeze Offline

Update on my problem with MidJpro I purchased from AJ last November (2015). Ketron used (hopefully they don't anymore) a plastic coated (except for the two ends) copper staple shaped clip about 1/4 inch each on all three sides to secure the mother board on the MidJPro. In my case, at least one clip came loose and presumably was the cause of the unit short circuiting/freezing up and automatically rebooting. The mother board, still under warranty, was replaced and the clips were removed and screws were used instead to secure the board. Even had AJ install the Gold Package . Will continue to monitor, but has been stable for three days while playing at home about 2-3 hours a day (was freezing at least once every 2 hours before). Gig Saturday will better tell the tale but my confidence level is growing each day. Been playing accordion practically all my life. (THAT'S ME ON THE AJAMSONIC ACCORDION DEMO - UNCLE DAVE'S TWIN) Eventually I purchased a Ketron X4 over 15 years ago in June 2000. That was a very reliable unit, but was I was attracted to the smaller, lighter MidJpro with audio drums, dynamite styles, touch screen, Midi/.mp3/.kar files, the Player 1 & 2 which allows me to quickly go from one song into another, option for Karaoke monitor, etc. and for all that, I am NOT disappointed. ALL THAT BEING SAID, LET ME ALSO SAY AJ PROVIDES ONE OF THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE AND SUPPORTIVE PLATFORMS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN ADDITION TO BEING A MOST HOSPITABLE AND ETHICAL GENTLEMAN. TOO BAD MIDJPRO HAS THESE GLITCHES, BUT FORTUNATELY THERE IS AJ. IT'S JUST TOO BAD HE LIVES 3 1/2 HOURS AWAY.

#426830 - 10/09/16 02:11 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: midisqueeze]
midisqueeze Offline

MidJpro, of which I am so fond of and had such high hopes for, continues to freeze. This, after new motherboard replaced. Truly beyond frustrating not to mention embarrassing when it happens live on a gig.

#427172 - 10/21/16 10:14 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
midisqueeze Offline

After replacing the mother board, continued freezes, sending AJ a Youtube demo of my MidJpro still freezing plus several problematic styles sent to AJ also freezing on 2 MidJpros he tried, I was sent a replacement MidJpro. KETRON claims the styles that froze were created for/on the SD7 Keyboard and not the MidJay pro. Don't know if I buy that explanation since my MidJay pro froze long before the Gold package was installed. So far, very happy with replacement. I'll post if I have any continued problems.
All that being said, I want to once again say how much AJ's patience, expertise and support continue to exceed expectations and how I remain a loyal and satisfied customer...

#427452 - 11/02/16 05:58 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: midisqueeze]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
hi midi squeeze , I enjoyed your playing of the musictech accordion with the ketron module a refreshing change to see someone playing not just conventional accordion type music .
are you with the musictech accordion able to use the on board sounds available with the musictech accordion and also use sounds from the ketron module .all at the same time ??....for example have the musictech accordion sound in the right hand so that the instrument sounds like an accordion ,feel ,attack of the reeds come through as well . also can you change the sound registers whilst playing and will the module remain stable with playing /changing registrations at the same time ........regards Giovanni

#430672 - 04/12/17 07:40 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
midisqueeze Offline

http://a.co/h1FURcm
Started using this Furman electric power regulator/ surge protector and MidJay Pro stopped freezing on gigs!!!

#433860 - 07/04/17 07:15 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
midisqueeze Offline

Update... my MidJay Pro
is still freezing usually once during the first hour of a three hour gig. If anyone has any positive advice, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you!!!!

Edited by midisqueeze (07/04/17 07:30 AM)

#448070 - 03/06/18 07:52 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
midisqueeze Offline

Great news. Since installing updated O.S. 1.4.2 MidJpro has NOT frozen once. Thank you AJ!!!

#451604 - 05/06/18 04:51 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
midisqueeze Offline

Two months and MidJPro still performing flawlessly!!!

#459940 - 10/19/18 01:21 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Hello everyone! It's been some time since I commented here. I've lost interest in Ketron's updates (since I only use this module in manual bass mode and as a .mp3 player/mixer). It seemed as Ketron didn't really care about fixing anything...I'm stuck with O.S. 1.3.1, anything newer than that 'causes a time delay between .mp3 and .cdg files and this is a problem for me. BUT.....my midjayPro doesn't freeze (it still does but very,very rarely) and it's been like that for some years now (I do some 150 performances a year). Because I work in an island, I found out that by using some silicon beans (the ones they put on cat litter)and place 'em in small bags inside the chassis, the module crushed less and less up to a point where you could say it's stable enough. Even if I use it as a mixer (w guitar and mic connected on it), it still performs ok. Hope this is useful!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online