SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#388816 - 05/10/14 01:48 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Artemi Offline

Originally Posted By: danielbordeiu
What gear do you use, Artemi?

Mostly I use Korg wokstations, had a bucnh of experience with the Korg Z1, X50.
Now I use Korg Karma.

Why?

#388877 - 05/11/14 04:28 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Hi Daniel,

Can you please describe in details how you setup the MJ Pros with a midi keyboard controller using the USB connection only?

Also, have you used the Voicetron already?

Thanks much.
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#388942 - 05/13/14 04:55 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Loc: Greece
Dear Daniel,

I bought a MidjayPro before apr. 2 months and you won't believe what I've been going through...It's FULL of bugs!!! If you play a video file on Player1 and you decide to play a mp3KAR on player2 then the screen blinks and the module restarts!The arranger has stuck a couple of times during performances!!!If you use the stop button for Player1, it will also stop player2 (because we have to make mixes...).Anyway, if this machine did what it was supposed to do then it would be great!But for now, it's disappointing.I did upgrade to OS1.2 and it's a little better (for example, now the "search" function is activated for both players and searches the whole drive, not just the directory) but the unit remains unstable. You never know when it's gonna crash!I'm gonna have it sent back and replaced and hope it's just a faulty unit.

#388953 - 05/13/14 10:06 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
Artemi Offline

Originally Posted By: parkerilos
Dear Daniel,
You never know when it's gonna crash!I'm gonna have it sent back and replaced and hope it's just a faulty unit.

Considering the amount of returned b-stock Ketrons in the shops I doubt that you will have a unit without bugs.

#388982 - 05/14/14 12:19 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

..I don't know, I hope you are wrong :-)
The thing is, I don't know of any other module that can do that much!It's also like having a small mixer w effects so it really saves space and weight...but all of the above are true as long as it works 'cause crashes can be pretty embarrassing!

I talked to the shop I bought this from and they send me another one BEFORE I send them back the one I have.They say they don't have many returns from this model but who knows?

#388984 - 05/14/14 08:57 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Artemi]
parkerilos Offline

..I don't know but I hope you are wrong :-)
The thing is, I don't know of any other module that can do that much!It's also like having a small mixer w effects so it really saves up space and weight...but all of the above are true as long as it works 'cause crashes can be pretty embarrassing!

I talked to the shop I bought this from and they will send me another one BEFORE I send them back the one I have.They say they don't have many returns from this model but who knows if that's true?

#389004 - 05/15/14 04:26 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Artemi Offline

Well, since they've send you another one we will soon find out...
Speaking of returns, it's really goes to no comparison with the sounds, Ketron is definitely the best.
But if it's full of crashes, all the possibilities doesn't make much sense anymore.

#389114 - 05/19/14 05:20 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

Loc: Romania
Hi, Jimmy,

it is quite simple. All you need is an USB A-B cable (I presume that your MIDI keyboard has a USB B connector plug). Plug the B end into the keyboard, and the A end into any of the three A plugs of the MIDJPRO. The module is recognizing the keyboard automatically. You do not need an external AC source, for the module is powering the keyboard through the USB connection as well.

Good luck!

#389115 - 05/19/14 05:29 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Artemi]
danielbordeiu Offline

Just of curiosity...

Most of the forum users, have their gear written under the signature. It is useful to know what others are using. If you perform mostly with the arranger, you won't be disappointed of any of the Ketron products. They manage to pull out a decent OS eventually. It just takes time.

Have a good day!

#389116 - 05/19/14 05:45 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
danielbordeiu Offline

Hi, parkerilos,

it is really sad to hear your story... Hopefully it will have a happy ending along with the replacement of the faulty unit.

What is the main use of your MIDJPRO?

Regards!

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online