SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
#382688 - 01/27/14 04:16 AM Owner of MIDJPRO!
danielbordeiu Offline

Loc: Romania
... yes, I am, for almost 7 days by now, the owner of this brilliant hybrid module!
Still working on it, 'cause it's really hard to accomplish what you want without a proper-in detail user manual and with a chopped O.S.
But hey, that's the dark side of Ketron... I got used with it so far, and I took the risk to be one of those lab-rats doing the beta testing work for the italian guys.
So far, I can only tell that is has a great sound, almost 100% usable internal styles, and a really intuitive interface.
I'll soon post some recordings, so you can hear for yourselves.
Unfortunately, the module does not remember yet the proper settings for the newly created registrations, doesn't remember the user edited voices - you'll need to load them at every boot.
There is NO WAY you can acces the RAM memory supposedly hosting some *. ins or *.msp, I presume... and no trace of info about it in the quick guide supplied, as well.
The machine freezes several times a day, when you press some random knobs, and it restarts randomly under moderate editing...
No *.djl support, no SFX inside the machine, no display contrast adjustment, not possible to choose the Audio Drums inside the styles...
The internal styles have *.kst extension, and the module is compatible with the old ketron styles thanks to a converter whis exist inside the machine...
So far, there's much more CONS about the MIDJPRO than PROS.
I hope they'll all be corrected with the next O.S. We need a quick update of it a.s.a.p.
Why did I called it brilliant? Because of it's potential.... I still have faith in Ketron engineers... yet...
Will keep you posted about my new Ketron adventure...

#382691 - 01/27/14 05:18 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
rosetree
Unregistered

How many customers like you does Ketron think to be able to acquire as guinea pigs for their experiments? Actually you are made an unpaid member of their development department...

#382766 - 01/27/14 05:17 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I'm very excited to have this module.
How much you paid for it?

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#382771 - 01/27/14 06:46 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Pro. Keep us posted related to changes and fixes.
Ciao,
Jerry

#382798 - 01/28/14 01:30 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

1950 euros... right from the distributor... it came with the bag, as a bonus.

#382799 - 01/28/14 01:32 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Jerry T]
danielbordeiu Offline

The changes and fixes depend a lot of how fast they'll release an update of the O.S. Cross my fingers for it, hehe...

#382907 - 01/28/14 09:58 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

thanks Daniel.

Questions:
Does the style controls like fill in, variation change, break, start/stop done on the touch screen? if so, how responsive they are?
Can you control volume and mute style parts using the real sliders similar to Audya?
How good is the harmonizer?

Regards

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#382913 - 01/29/14 12:17 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

They're all controllable from the touch screen as well, and the tabs ar very responsive!
Like in Audya, there are 5 physical sliders controlling the DRUMS, BASS, CHORDS, LOWER, and UPPER volumes.
You also have display tabs for MUTING the DRUMS2 and two of the accompaniament tracks in real time.
I haven't tried the harmonizer long enough yet to have a pertinent opinion, but I can tell you about the chord recognition: it's more accurate and refined than Audya.

Edited by danielbordeiu (01/29/14 12:18 AM)

#383051 - 01/29/14 09:31 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Oh wow, that confirms my expectation. It's a game changing module for me. I wonder when it will be available here in the USA.
Please continue to post your reviews.

Thanks

#383899 - 02/05/14 04:49 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

... Short update...
after days and nights of tweaking the module, I still hope that MIDJPRO will be a great instrument!
For now, I keep fighting, though, with the fact that it randomly freezes especially when you try to save the registrations. And with the fact that the registrations don't remember if the module is set to play as Pianist or Bassist or in Manual bass mode, even if you've edited and saved these parameters when you created the registration.
More to say, if you use a registration which is set on PIANIST or MANUAL BASS, when you change to a different one, no matter the previous saved parameters, it will load the registration in the same mode ( manual or pianist) as the previous one you've used... It is CHAOS in live on the stage!!!
I hold my comments here, trying to point out that the O.S. has loads of bugs when it comes to live use! I hope it was not intended for DJ-ing mainly! frown
If any of the Ketron staff is reading this, please, come up with a proper update, if you wanna make some money with MIDJPRO!

Regards to all of you!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online