Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#397552 - 12/30/14 02:17 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: parkerilos]
garibald75 Offline

hi guys.
I am another midjpro user.
I am actually testing the 1.3.2.
The overall machine is quite good (especially the synth part and the arranger part) . Imho other parts could be improved but , for now, it's doing its job .
I am strongly disappointed mostly about the KETRON interaction with users for a so expensive and professional machine. Anyway i will try to share with everyone my daily PRO experience on the "battlefield" with midjpro.
Best regards,
Garibald75

Edited by garibald75 (12/30/14 02:18 AM)

#397600 - 12/31/14 03:05 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I'm one of the first owner of MJPro. I bought it because I believe it could be a compact module version of Audya but with better GUI. It's an amazing machine with great potential if the bugs and glitches can be address soon. I'm very happy with the sounds especially the audio drums and of course the very usable styles. I'm also impressed by the touch screen interface and the presence of sliders. My only big complaint is the voicetron which is one of the reason I upgrade from classic Midjay. It's basically not working. You can barely hear the harmonies even at max vol level. The registration won't memorize its setting too. It does not work either with Tune 1000 files or any SMF. Intros are still not memorized on registrations. It would be also nice to have more styles. So as of now I'm still waiting for OS upgrade to address these shortcoming.
Regards
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#399947 - 02/26/15 08:45 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: garibald75]
danielbordeiu Offline

Loc: Romania
Hi there, nice to meet you on the MIDJPRO "debate arena" smile

Any new impressions regarding this babywonder module?

#399948 - 02/26/15 08:57 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
I'm one of the first owner of MJPro. I bought it because I believe it could be a compact module version of Audya but with better GUI. It's an amazing machine with great potential if the bugs and glitches can be address soon. I'm very happy with the sounds especially the audio drums and of course the very usable styles. I'm also impressed by the touch screen interface and the presence of sliders. My only big complaint is the voicetron which is one of the reason I upgrade from classic Midjay. It's basically not working. You can barely hear the harmonies even at max vol level. The registration won't memorize its setting too. It does not work either with Tune 1000 files or any SMF. Intros are still not memorized on registrations. It would be also nice to have more styles. So as of now I'm still waiting for OS upgrade to address these shortcoming.
Regards
Jimmy

Yes Jimmy, it would be nice to have some more styles - maybe some adressing the new musical genders - we could buy them, only if thy were abailable, so to say.
And we could really make use of some of the 64MB User RAM sound advertised by Ketron.
And we would also benefit if they'd let us "mingle" with the Audio Drum slices from the "DRUM1" track.
...and so on it goes the list of useful things they could do for a more improved Ketron experience. The money we've payed were good, and yet we struggle facing deep silence from them Ketron guys. Strange marketing, I might say....

All the best!

#400721 - 03/21/15 06:53 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
parkerilos Offline

Loc: Greece
Hello everyone!

After months of consideration, I decided to load updates 1.3.1 and 1.3.2. Thnk God, this time the results are good. I tested the machine playing .cgi,.mp3 and midi files using both players(.cgi only on player 1) and it has stopped crashing! At last, the pause and play/stop buttons work correctly (one exception: when player 2 active and you try to play a video file(.flv, .mp4...) on player 1. Then player 2 stops reproduction immediately).
Anyway, it seems to me that gradually Ketron tries to make a better(stable) O.S. I hope they fix these registration problems soon, when they do, the midjay will be a quite professional solution, at last!

#400752 - 03/22/15 02:29 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

Loc: Portugal
Is it possible to load our own audio drums ? And what about importing a midi to create a style?

#400763 - 03/22/15 09:06 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: filipelou]
danielbordeiu Offline

No and no. Not yet. laugh

#400764 - 03/22/15 10:01 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Has anyone owned and used a Midjay Plus then gone to the Pro? What are the major features of the Pro that are not possible with the Plus? I am happy with the Plus, and now that the major bugs seemed to be fixed in the Pro, I am seriously considering the Pro if it enhanced features that are necessary for gigs. I don't think I would have need for video and some of the other features on a gig - not sure however, maybe there is an application for use during performances. What say you owners of the Midjay Pro?
Ciao,
Jerry

#400810 - 03/24/15 05:29 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: Jerry T]
danielbordeiu Offline

I jumped in bed with MIDJPRO after a 8 years long relationship with the first model of the MIDJAY. Not the PLUS.
It appealed to me greatly because it sounded so much better compared to everything I've played using the older MJ.

BUT:

There's a lot of balast they putted into it - that leading to a high price... Fancy DJ things which probably 5% of the users may benefit from.

It's been a 3 months challange to set up the MIDJ PRO with all the styles I've been previously using. The internal styles are more than great, but soo few.... At the price we'd paid for it, I would expected it to be well equipped with a much larger style library... But no.
And so I went back converting styles, rearranging drum notes, and changing instruments, attempting to give a new life to the old Ketron styles.
After 13 months, it is still an ongoing process. I am almost there.

My conclusion?

Regarding your matter, if you are satisfied with your MJ Plus, DO NOT ENGAGE with the PRO. It will eat your heart out, your nerves, and your time to an extent that you'll start regretting the decision of buying it.
I personally know such cases.
So, unless you are commited to painful and hard work, please, enjoy your MJ Plus.
Ketron MIDJPRO is nothing like Audya compared in styles library, ease of programming and adjusting styles. I have them both, so I speak from my personal experience.

My personal understanding of the way Ketron is doing business with us, is that they lack the practical knowledges regarding the mainly use of MIDJPRO.
Or they suck at marketing.
Or they do not respect their clients, like Yamaha or Korg do. Roland is out of question for some time...

Take a deep breath, be honest to yourself, and decide consequently. Now you know the truth.
Or maybe it's just me...

This is an open debate, and I'll be more than satisfied to read Ketron's point of view, right here!

P.S.
Ketron will NOT take any action to improve their customer's support or upgrading their products up to their customer's expectations. They just can't. I guess it's a big hat to wear nowadays...

#401290 - 04/10/15 11:57 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
filipelou Offline

Loc: Portugal
How to import an audya style?

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online