SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
Topic Options
#384242 - 02/10/14 07:23 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

Loc: Romania
Saturday night gig.... In the middle of the ballad, the module freezes due to extensive use of sustain pedal... It's probably reached the maximum of polyphony. Totally embarrasing. It took 5 looong minutes to restart this little devil.
I used the Pianist mode, with the volume set to 0 for the Lower parts and the Chords. The Layered Piano sound was the one I used on the Upper.
I think that even if you set the volumes to 0 for some parts, the instrument's still counting them into the polyphonic structure. Or not... It's all so blurred.
I need a proper manual for this module! Getting tired of so much guessing... frown
Overall, the only major CONS is related to the O.S. It's spoiling all the fun of playing! frown
Soon I'll write down all of the bugs that I've encountered so far... Maybe someone in charge will get to hear about them.
Does anybody out there has bought a MIDJPRO yet?

Regards!

#384268 - 02/10/14 11:18 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Daniel, thanks for the continuing reviews on the MidJPro.

I need to ask another question, can MJPro connect to a midi keyboard using USB and also power it?

Thanks

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#384278 - 02/10/14 02:06 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

I haven't tried yet... most of my gear is at home, and now I'm relocated for the next two months. Currently, I control the MIDJPRO via a Yamaha digital piano. My guess is that it's able to powerfeed a midi keyb through its USB connection.
But then again, we should've had it written in the user manual, right? wink

#384309 - 02/10/14 07:56 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Ok Daniel, ill just wait. I just want to know if it can to simplify my setup.

Thanks

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#385965 - 03/08/14 07:33 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

Hi there, ketroners, I'd like to share with you a conversation which I've had with the Ketron customer service, regarding some MJPRO questions...

Quote:
Nome: Daniel Bordeiu
E-mail: danielbordeiu@yahoo.com
Testo del messaggio:
1. What type of RAM sound can the MIDJPRO use, how do I load it and how do I edit it in the Voice edit menu?
2. How can I insert one RAM sound into a style arrangement?
3. How can I change a Live Audio Drum inside an arrangement?
4. How can I convert back a *.KST style to an *.PAT style in order to further editing with EMC Style COnverter?

Regards, Daniel Bordeiu - Audya5 and MIDJPRO - pianoentertainer

...and here is what I got back ...

Quote:
1. What type of RAM sound can the MIDJPRO use,
r1. is a flash Ram.

2. how do I load
r2. you “see” flash memory as USER FS on menu MEDIA

3. it and how do I edit it in the Voice edit menu?
r3. When you select Edit you have access to many parameters to modify

4. How can I insert one RAM sound into a style arrangement?
r4. you can add only modified user sound ( not imported sample )

5. How can I change a Live Audio Drum inside an arrangement?
r5. What means “change” ..?? To replace or what else ?

6. How can I convert back a *.KST style to an *.PAT style in order to further editing with EMC Style COnverter?
r6. Once a style is on Midjpro, you can achieve only on KST or MID

Regards,

K E T R O N s.r.l.
Servizio Assistenza Clienti

so, after this "comprehensive" message, I dared to ask them again...

Quote:
Hi, Ketron, thanks for the time you took answering my question.
There are some unsorted things though, and that's why I'm gonna kindly ask you again:

1. RAM sound - 64 MB ... This is what it's been advertised in the brochure. The user manual includes NO reference about it. According to your explanations, I was supposed to find an USER FS ( that being a directory, or what? ) from the MEDIA menu - you said. Pressing the MEDIA knob, sends me to a display where I can "see" the SSD of the module (and some other USB memory - if inserted). On the lower part of the display I see some tabs, but none of them will send me to "USER FS". Entering the SSD of the module, I see a lot of directories, but than again, no USER FS. So, please, explain one more time, WHAT is all about this 64 MB RAM sound? You say it's not loadable with *. ins or *.msp ? Because in the brochure it's all blurred...

2. Regarding the Live Audio Drums - My question was: Can I load a style into a registration, open up the EDIT - VIEW screen, and from there to designate another LIVE AUDIO DRUM on the Drum 1 section, other than the one the *.kst style came with in the first place?

3. You said that I can also add "only a modified user sound" to an arrangement. Are you talking about the 4 Voices on the Upper Right? Because my question was about changhing a CHORD section - sound with another one, presumed to be loaded into that 64 MB flash RAM Sound memory.

4. When I edit a VOICE, I can only save it as a bulk file, and there is no way I can tell the module to load it at startup, even if I use the CUSTOM STARTUP save - function.... Is this an O.S. bug, or do you have an explanation regarding how I can accomplish that?

5. Saving a registration it's easy... Recalling it with the correct parameters, it's a painful and not always succesful operation - I need to press the ENTER knob 4-5 times in a row, to get a registration to load with all the correct parameters it's been previously saved... I take it this IS a bug...

The list can go on, with all the bugs that I've discovered during this month since I've started using the module, but it seems like nobody from Ketron gives a damn about it. Is there anybody interested in how the module responds in live performing situation? One cannot solve the problems if one doesn't know what issues to address... Can you put me in touch with some of the Ketron engineers involved in the development of the O.S.? I have sooo many things to tell about MIDJPRO...

Regards,

Daniel Bordeiu - piano entertainer.

I'd also like to mention that my first mail is dated 13th Feb and they responded on 26th Feb. I still haven't got yet any response since my last reply....

Probably they're too busy ....

So, can somebody tell me what can I make out of this?

Have a lovely 8th March Saturday with your beloved ones!

Edited by danielbordeiu (03/08/14 07:34 AM)

#386355 - 03/14/14 11:10 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
danielbordeiu Offline

No answer from Ketron yet, but there's some good news as they've released an 1.2 OS update.

Will upgrade tonight, and I'll keep you posted about it's efficiency.

Quote:
MidjPro Elettronic Module

News - RELEASE 1.2

-Increased compatibility of Chords data event contained on the midi file
-Improved transposer features on audio + midi files
-Optimizing management polyphony and playing midi files
-Improved reading Lyrics Mp3 files ID3 format vers.2.4
-Improved reading MP3s low resolution
-Improvements on the management Disk menu
-Optimized alphanumeric keypad and management of Search feature
-Improved synchronization TXT file
-Optimized file compatibility. KAR (also on Playlist)
-Improved reading of MP3 DJ menu (BPM and more)
-Menu optimization on Juke Box and SFX section
-Added autorepeat FILL1,2,3,4, BREAK1 2,3,4, on footswitch .
-Optimization of Pianist, Bassist Functions with Sustain Pedal
-Various implementations and improvements on Accordion and Registration Menu
-Further improvements on Arranger Section plus expanded compatibility Styles
on previous products by Ketron.
-Increased overall volume Wave and Mp3
-Enabled User Voices loading on power start up
-Several improvements on Transposer menu.
-Remote Keyboard Usb now directly connected to the instrument.
-Improvements on video formats compatibility
-Implemented Backup and Restore of: Playlist, My Folder and System Setting (Internal saving of Arabic,Preset, Footswitch,Midi ,Registration info)
-Improvements on Voicetron menu

Have a great weekend, folks!

#386362 - 03/14/14 02:53 PM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I certainly hope that this fixes the problems you identified. Thanks for the update, keep us posted.
Ciao,
Jerry

#386681 - 03/20/14 06:38 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: synerjim]
danielbordeiu Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
Daniel, thanks for the continuing reviews on the MidJPro.

I need to ask another question, can MJPro connect to a midi keyboard using USB and also power it?

Thanks

After the second O.S. release it does! I've tried it myself and it's working!

#386698 - 03/20/14 11:04 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have submitted 3 bugs for the Ketron SD1000, but no answers yet

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#386699 - 03/20/14 11:12 AM Re: Owner of MIDJPRO! [Re: danielbordeiu]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks again For keeping us updated about your experiences with the Pro.
To read your post, however, I had to copy and paste it to a Word program as it was not possible to read the blue copy against the dark background that I use for this forum.
Ciao,
Jerry

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online