SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#369205 - 07/16/13 11:30 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Henni,

When I got my pilots licence my instructor said " you are now a member of an elite club " and you are too with the Audya, but Henni, it's just another KB, were it not just another KB it would have sold more than Tyros 4 and that ain't going to happen, fondle it, love it and cherish it by all means, but I am a realist, it's not for everyone, you enjoy it whilst you can.

BTW been a realist T4 just another KB, tell you what there are a lot of FOC goodies around for the T4 you don't need to pay for and I mean a lot.

IMO I don't think the Audya ever needed any addins, sounded good enough to me from the factory!

Regards

#369208 - 07/17/13 03:05 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Ha ha ha guys,

So now there's a limit to five posts a day to a single topic... And although this is the "General Arranger" section, this now belongs to the "Ketron" section?

Like any other topic, this one will eventually die a natural death as soon as it gets ignored enough. So then all my good friends, start to ignore it so that life can have it's natural course.

No need to involve Nigel. I have not & neither will I insult anyone. It's not my nature to do so. I build up & contribute, not the other way around.

Life is all about choices. I've listed some samples from more than one camp. What a way to compare them all in one go. I will not be offended if you start to include some of your favorite demos on this thread - it will make it just all that much more interesting. Please feel absolutely free to do so.

I love demos as it highlights the absolute best of the product in question. I'll not down run any brand, they are all awesome. You all know by now that most of my threads are rather lengthy. We all have our different personalities...

And exactly the same as i.e Diki, I am also highly opinionated & strong willed. Nothing wrong with that, or is there? It's the combination of all of us that makes ZynthZone so interesting.

All the best mates,

Henni

#369221 - 07/17/13 09:44 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Ha ha ha guys,

And exactly the same as i.e Diki, I am also highly opinionated & strong willed. Nothing wrong with that, or is there? It's the combination of all of us that makes ZynthZone so interesting.

Henni

Diki highly opinionated, who says ??? eek2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#369223 - 07/17/13 10:06 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Tony Hughes]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
My, my- look who has awoken-nice to hear from you Mr. Hughes. Here's my take on things (meant lovingly of course) after being around a not-so-long time:

Diki = fly swatter
man = everybody else

Attachments
fly.jpg

#369226 - 07/17/13 10:33 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't just hold strong opinions. I try to articulate them and explain the reasoning behind them as well as I can. I'm not simply a fanboy, and a 'mine is best' sort of poster. There are substantial REASONS why, for instance, I don't use Ketron's.

Until those reasons are fixed (with an OS update or redesign), I don't feel the need to drink the Kool-Aid.

And, although it often gets ignored (as Henni has), I am lavish with my praise of things if, even if you don't share my reason for skepticism, the overall sound and design of an arranger is good.

There's MUCH about the Audya I like enormously, and have posted often about those features (usually wondering why MY arranger doesn't have them!), but apparently, bringing up valid reasons why I DON'T like the audio loop arrangers kind of obliterates all the good stuff!

I guess no-one ever remembers when the fly swatter doesn't come out, only the times when it has!

I post about MY feelings on a subject. Yours may be different. Let's talk, not sit there casting rocks at each other because we don't have the same one!

#369228 - 07/17/13 10:47 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

It's really not about casting rocks at all, but rather about getting the records straight. Here's another good example of twisted facts/understanding:

Originally Posted By: Diki
...BTW, nice hijack attempt by the Audya camp, but if I'm not mistaken, Audya has no SA/DNC/SN stuff at all, right? LOL

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Just in response to a question above, AUDYA does have SA/DNC/SN stuff = VCE (Voice Character Emulation) and in the AJAMSONIC version, it is stepped up even further with VCE-2. In VCE-2, A lot of articulation can either be controlled by the user (velocity, keys pressed before/after, length of time a note(s) is held down), or in some cases, it is handled automatically when applying the appropriate articulation to each voice where needed.

As you can see, there are no dedicated buttons to distract the user when playing, or that require the user to stop playing for a short period in order to activate. All the player does is play ... and AUDYA will do the rest. This makes it possible to 'articulate' even between chord changes and other difficult circumstances too.

Just thought I'd clarify the question asked above with regards to AUDYA.

And sorry mate, I cannot help to be enthusiastic about the Audya & I know it shows. I'll keep on putting the facts on the table as I have them, and then allow others to form there own opinion.

You & I know very well all the negative hype circulating about the Audya - some true & some false & some completely ridiculous... I just intend to equalize/level the playing field a bit.

And I also try to quote the not so obvious or well known FACTS about the Audya, although I might not come over as technically or musically as you. But I DO try to make my point with my limited musical abilities.

All the best mate,

Henni

#369231 - 07/17/13 12:41 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

There's nothing 'hyped' about wanting a fair degree of control over the style. The Audya sounds absolutely GREAT if you want to sound EXACTLY like how it comes. I don't. If I want to do a softer version (or harder edged for 'soft' styles), there's no way to have the SAME style played on softer instruments. This isn't false or completely ridiculous, and IMO, a quite reasonable expectation for an arranger user.

I've also done a fair bit of moving ONE kick note or bass note around a hair, to get a particular syncopation that suits a song better, something else you cannot do with audio. Look, I've been using audio loops for musical production since ReCycle dropped in the 90's. I know full well what they can and CANNOT do, easily. They have their uses, and I think they make a great ADDITION to an arranger (in fact, one of the primary reasons I bought my BK-9). I simply feel they do not make for the PRIMARY sound source because of the lack of editing capabilities. But that is strictly because I do a fair bit of messing with the styles. Were I to play most of my styles the way they come out the box, I'm sure I'd be as content as you.

I am sorry about the misinformation about the VCE stuff, but I must admit, this is the most un-talked about feature on the Audya, which it certainly is not on Yamaha's (or Korg's or Roland's). If it were as effective, one would think it would have been. Maybe something specific about the VCE sounds could be pointed to, and we could compare against SA/DNC/SN?

And, BTW, that was a thread about Martin Harris playing a Tyros. Which got spammed to hell and back with Audya demos. I don't think hijack was too strong a word!

#369233 - 07/17/13 12:57 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
...And, BTW, that was a thread about Martin Harris playing a Tyros. Which got spammed to hell and back with Audya demos. I don't think hijack was too strong a word!...

Wow Diki,

You simply do not seize to AMAZE me with all your posted mis-information. What are you smoking mate? Show me a single Audya demo on that thread, unless of course we are talking about altogether different threads... You should re-visit that thread & actually read it this time round my friend. You're going to loose your credibility mate! I suggest you slow down a bit & smell the roses first before posting again. You're not keeping up!

Also, as for the VCE-2 technology, there are many, many links to video demos on this very same thread where AJ is not only talking about this, but actually demonstrating it whilst playing live.

It is wild loose cannon statements like these that I'm rectifying as I go along.

Henni

#369234 - 07/17/13 01:10 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

Diki

i do understand the limitations with "Audio"
i do understand the advantages of MIDI
i do understand the disadvantages of MIDI

so why not IGNORE or change the Audya's Audio Parts to Midi
now you have ONLY MIDI like the Yamaha's, Korg's, Rolands.

the Audio parts are there for those who need them, or for when you need them

you don't have to use Audio at all with Audya,

replace the Audio Bass with a Midi Bass,
then you Shift that C# 1/4 note @ the 2nd beat of the 3rd measure anywhere you want, as syncopated as you want

understand?

Edited by leezone (07/17/13 01:12 PM)

#369235 - 07/17/13 01:30 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Wow... smoking going on all over the place..! Henni, you yourself retracted your post (it now seems you simply posted them on the wrong thread, but how was I to know that?) and now you don't remember? LOL I said the Audya CAMP, and if you read Lee's posts, that's hijacking plain and simple. Didn't even ADDRESS the thread topic.

And Lee... sorry, but the idea that you have to lose the audio altogether, just to be able to do some mild editing is kind of silly, isn't it? Basically, the idea is that audio loops are MUCH better than MIDI ones, right? That's YOUR premise, anyway. So, to alter the least thing, you have to do away with them altogether, and go back to the full MIDI arranger section (which, to my ears at least, is not exactly the Ketron's strongest point)?

This is kind of what I've been talking about. The better all MIDI arrangers have been getting closer and closer to sounding like audio, but with NONE of audio's drawbacks. But Ketron have put all their eggs in this audio basket, rather than concentrating on things like better guitar NTT's, articulated sounds in styles, not just the RH section, multi-velocity drum kits that have a great live sound, things like that. I simply feel that, as MIDI instruments get better and better, and start to approach audio loops' realism, the audio loop based arranger becomes more and more redundant.

But that's just me. It ain't 'hype'. It ain't misinformation. It's simply a differing opinion. I would never tell anyone to NOT go out and try one out. If you've got $5000 to kill, and don't edit your styles much, who knows? It could be the perfect arranger for you. I am simply trying to point out the more obvious disadvantages. And sorry, but if that don't sit that well with you, nothing I can do about it.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online