SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#369302 - 07/18/13 05:40 PM Couple nice digital pianos..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
While my wife was shopping at a near by Target..I visited the local Guitar Center...I had the chance to spend some time with a couple Yamaha digital pianos..

There was a P-35 next to a P-105..This was the first time I got to play the P-35...the piano key feel was decent and full size smile..The method of selection is hold down a button and select a key...
Since you are not making many sound changes ..this is fine for a piano...

The sounds of the acoustic piano were good...not a big difference in dynamic change of sound...but very playable..
The EP's were also good..Strings were ok, organs , not great, and vibes were good..

The street price $449....competing with the Casio Privia stuff..I would be inclined to go with the Yamaha..

The P105, at a street price of $599..offers dedicated buttons, a better dynamic piano sound ...and more features as split with bass option too..

It looks like Yamaha has this price range covered with nice products...
When the price range gets in the $1,500-$2,000 range..Roland has the market edge..

If you need a good value Digital Piano at a very reasonable price...check out the Yamaha's..

PS: there is a lower line 61 key Yamaha piano, that is just as bad as the NP series..Skip it.. grin

Edited by Fran Carango (07/18/13 05:45 PM)

#369323 - 07/19/13 08:23 AM Re: Couple nice digital pianos.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The trick is to go into a store that sells digital AND real pianos. Sit at a real piano, then sit at a digital.

You'll find yourself FAR less happy with the digitals!

If you compare digitals to each other without involving a real one, you never find out what you are missing until it's too late..!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online