SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#369103 - 07/15/13 02:19 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Henni, I certainly didn't mean to offend you.

I don't understand why we're apparently talking two different languages. Corruption and anything that looked like an accusation NEVER entered my mind.

You said whet you wanted to. I said what I wanted to.

Let's just be done with it.

Russ

#369104 - 07/15/13 02:41 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
After listening to & trying to understand all viewpoints, this is how I see it:

When you purchase a keyboard from ANY dealer, the only reason you have to go to the manufacturer for anything is if the dealer cannot or will not resolve your issue(s) at hand. In my case, I have not yet found the need to go to the manufacturer. How many folks in the UK have had to contact Ketron Italy after dealing with i.e. ToneWheelDude? How many in the US have had to contact Ketron after dealing with AJ or Frank or George Key or Dan Onliel?

In the case of those who say they have contacted Yamaha and received calls in a few hours, in effect they only contacted the Yamaha sales /distributors department in the USA. To be fair, if you contact Ketron in Italy (the manufacturer) and get a reply in a few days or weeks, how long will it take to get a reply if you contact the COMPANY - Yamaha in Japan (not the sales office in the US)? Can you contact Yamaha Japan and get a response from them with regards to a hardware technicality - maybe saying you want to add User AudioDrums to a Tyros 4 as well or since the PSR S950 already has audio drums, you would like to extend this and include Audio bass too (as these are questions Yamaha USA won't be able or willing to answer, apart from telling you it cannot be done -but you want the factory to tell you how it CAN BE DONE). I still remember the initial reaction to not being able to edit the live drums on the S950.

As for ethics, each company operates differently. There have been cases where sales reps (not dealers) have sold to individuals as well. There is no law in the US (to the best of my knowledge) that states that a sales corporation/distributor cannot sell a product to an end user if they choose to. Granted they will offend many of their dealers, but it's their choice and a law was not broken. Someone who is contracted to work for a distributor who still purchases a product from a distributor at the same cost as a dealer does shouldn't be looked upon as someone in violation of a rule or code -what code?

Ketron is not the only company with call back issues to customers. Not too long ago, DonM posted on SZ how for months, he had a PA3X and a problem and got nothing from Korg. He came close to suing them (if he didn't already)!!!! This is KORG .. one of the big 3! It doesn't justify Ketron's silence, but it needs to be understood that all companies have their strengths (Yamaha = customer service) and weaknesses (Ketron [the parent company in Italy now] = Customer service). Strengths (Ketron = Live Arranger section with live drums), and weaknesses (Yamaha = Lack of Live Arranger/Drums). Korg or Ketron (can be tweaked right down to the bare bones in most cases), Yamaha (tweaking at a deep level is reserved for the factory and not the end user) etc.

So, there are many sides to a story. One has to look to them ALL before forming an educated opinion. Ketron is not the only party guilty of some things. Yet they produce an outstanding arranger. In fact, they designed something five years ago that has not been surpassed to this date, not even by some of the Mega Corporations! And I & others are a personal walking, talking testimony of very, very good support & services rendered.

Don't believe everything you hear...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#369176 - 07/16/13 04:05 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Man, how I LOVE my Audya!!! Just for fun, here are the very latest Tyros4 demos played by Martin Harris, the Yamaha guru himself. No one can play that arranger any better.

Compare for yourself.

All the best my friends,

Henni

Attachments
Celtic Medley.mp3 (36 downloads)
Gospel Medley.mp3 (39 downloads)

#369177 - 07/16/13 04:06 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Man, how I LOVE my Audya!!! Just for fun, here are the very latest Tyros4 demos played by Martin Harris, the Yamaha guru himself. No one can play that arranger any better.

Compare for yourself.

All the best my friends,

Henni

Attachments
Lay Down Sally.mp3 (32 downloads)
Nola.mp3 (39 downloads)

#369178 - 07/16/13 04:13 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Compare for yourself.

All the best my friends,

Henni

Attachments
Famous Names Medley (part 1)-56k.mp3 (12 downloads)
Famous Names Medley (part 2)-56k.mp3 (10 downloads)

#369179 - 07/16/13 04:19 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
We can't pass this one up, Henni...great use of multiple split points...this would work on most arrangers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5gy34mIvU

Marty's playing is always inspiring.

Henni, I must say I am very impressed with your enthusiasm for, and your complete satisfaction with, the Audya and Ajamsonic. It is heartening to see someone else more than satisfied with their arranger choice (I am another). I have had a few PM's with AJ and he is a very bright guy, a true gentleman, and appears to be a great person to have as support.

Ian

#369181 - 07/16/13 04:32 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: ianmcnll]
Henni Offline

Hi Ian,

I'll download & post the MP3 version of that here soon. Yes, I am really, but really elated with my Audya. I'm not downing any other arranger. Remember, I've owned a few Yammies, Korgs & Rolands myself. But I really like to showcase the Audya to all.

Keep well my good friend,

Henni

#369182 - 07/16/13 04:36 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Compare for yourself.

All the best my friends,

Henni

Attachments
I Left My Heart in San Francisco.mp3 (33 downloads)
Movie Montage.mp3 (30 downloads)

#369183 - 07/16/13 04:39 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Compare for yourself.

All the best my friends,

Henni

Attachments
Organ Medley-56k.mp3 (29 downloads)
One o'clock Jump.mp3 (25 downloads)

#369188 - 07/16/13 05:15 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I really liked this one (Gospel Medley), Henni...Marty does an awesome job on these tunes and makes good use of the style intros and endings. Very clever, indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwBLDMfXiIE

All the TOTL arrangers we have to choose from (and many MOTL as well) are incredibly powerful instruments; all we need to do is pick the one that suits our needs the best...we are living at a great time.

Ian

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online