Attachments
RootReggae 3 by AJ.mp3 (28 downloads)
Sheapard Me Lord.mp3 (24 downloads)

#369051 - 07/14/13 11:41 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
More Ajamsonic demos...

Attachments
SocaSlide+New Voices by AJ_Performed on the KETRON AUDYA AJAMSONIC keyboard.mp3 (30 downloads)
Zouk Up 1 by AJ.mp3 (33 downloads)

#369052 - 07/14/13 11:42 PM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

More Ajamsonic demos...

Attachments
Zouk Up 2 by AJ.mp3 (34 downloads)
ZOUK+Guitar+Choir by AJ_Performed on the KETRON AUDYA AJAMSONIC keyboard.mp3 (39 downloads)

#369053 - 07/15/13 04:57 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Yup Diki,

You condemned the Audya right from conception stage. I can very well remember all your verbal abuse over here towards Ketron. No wonder they shut their ears to outside opinions & doom prophets. I know I would have done same!

Guess what, it made it after all & despite what you've predicted, it is the most stunning arranger to be had by anyone. It is light years ahead of anything else currently available.

Anyways, enjoy your Roland. I am enjoying my Audya tremendously!

Henni

#369062 - 07/15/13 09:06 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Henni... don't take it so personal. Verbal abuse? Doom prophets? What a bunch of drama queens!

I have reservations about the concept of audio loops for arrangers. I spend a fair amount of time customizing styles, moving a beat here, a bass line there, changing the sounds the factory uses. I am one of those kinds of players that rarely wants to sound EXACTLY like everyone else with the same gear, and who wants to put my own stamp on a style. Ketron's audio features don't really allow this.

I also, if I get behind the idea of audio loops for guitars, I want audio loops for FAR more than the basic maj/min/7th chords. I've heard all the demos of the guitar loops, and so far, I haven't heard ONE go from a maj to a diminished chord without a fairly radical change in sound and performance. Which is exactly what one would expect, as one is a recording of a real guitarist, and the other is a 100% MIDI guitar performance (no different to what we all already have). As I have said before, IF the transition were so smooth you couldn't hear this, why bother with audio chords in the first place? And if you CAN, the feature is incomplete.

Then there's the price, versus the appalling after sales service. Few arguments there. The only people happy with Ketron's repair service are those that haven't yet used it!

If bringing up pretty obvious shortcomings is 'verbal abuse', you need to grow a thicker skin! This entire forum is full of 'verbal abuse'... in fact, your touting your opinion of Ketron's superiority is 'verbal abuse' to the rest of us, viewed in that light!

This is a forum to discuss the pros and cons of different arrangers (amongst other things), and if you can't handle warranted criticism without becoming paranoid, it might be better to not comment about how great YOUR arranger is!

#369073 - 07/15/13 10:09 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Nah my friend,

I can dig up some of your old posts and show you what I mean. There were times when I felt embarrassed for Ketrons sake based of some of your comments.

But let's leave it there. You clearly have a personal vendetta going on with Ketron for whatever reason. I could not care less. It is one stunning arranger with all problems solved by now. I do not know of an unhappy Audya owner. Like any new product it had it's share of teething problems, not too hard to understand.

Yes, my skin is thick, you are right. I am tired of this contineous Ketron bashing. It's like a "belong to a club" thing for many. And I intend to put it right everytime I come upon it, so grow up & get used to it. You are NOT the only one over here with a strong opinion. Get used to that too.

You made some wild & totally unfounded statements. Let's see now:

1. First I stuffed up my software. TWD had to mail me restoration DVDs in a great hurry. I received exceptional good support & service from Ketron UK.

2. Next my HD packs up. Within just more than a week, AJ had a new SSD delivered to my doorstep. I received exceptional good support & service from Ajam Inc.

3. My Audya's memory cannot be upgraded to 128 MB making most new Ajamsonic styles virtually useless to me. To my utter AMAZEMENT, AJ arranges to have a complete new soundboard with the new memory already fitted delivered to my doorstep. I received exceptional good support & service from Ajam Inc. even when I did not ask for it!!!

Yes, one has to be a go-getter & make these things happen. No use sitting back & only badmouthing Ketron. These kind of problems won't solve themselves. But take it to the right people & you WILL get sorted out in no time at all!!!

I reckon that just sometimes you have to actually THINK before you start to type mate...

Cheers mate,

Henni

#369076 - 07/15/13 10:54 AM Re: Audya support... [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For starters, bringing up MUCH older posts and then going "with all problems solved by now" is a bit invalid, isn't it..? My posts at that time were a response to issues they had AT THAT TIME.

That they have solved them at a much later date (been out 5 years now, right?) doesn't address the FACT that they shipped it with those issues at the time. Which is what I posted about.

You have also seem to have completely forgotten about the many times I have said that the Audya, IF it fits what you want it to do, is a spectacularly good arranger. Apparently, only perceived slights are the only thing you can be bothered to remember. I don't see how that's MY problem, do you?

And my reservations about the Audya are based on FACTS that the Audya cannot address. There is no way to move beats around in a drum part, or have a different guitar or bass play the audio loop parts. I don't play much in the way of unedited, factory ROM styles. I like to change them to my taste. Audio loops don't allow you to do this, and there it is in a nutshell.

If you can play an arranger out of the box and be happy, well, if you've got $5000 to spare on something with email support one day a week, you are good to go... The Audya is a superb arranger.

My needs are very different.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online